What's new

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Rooting GG#4
Just rooted all from great moms except for 5.
5 Schroomy Deeze-5 rooted nice n green < 12 days(transported from a friend in
CA then cut n rooted)
16 Marley's=all 16 rooted nice n green < 12 days
20 Star Dawgs=All rooted nice n green < 12 days
20 GG#4-2 after 21 days. All tops yellowed by day 10. Out of direct light behind one of the other trays of clones. Threw em away. Go figure. These were to be my next run. Guess it's the Star Dawgs and Marley's. Maybe next time.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have 1 prop but I'm just learning how to use it. It's not easy. you cant just buy one then fly it.

I built mine from scratch. That was the easy part. now im learning the software side and the setup of the transmitter and hardware

Grizz

Veteran
Rooting GG#4
Just rooted all from great moms except for 5.
5 Schroomy Deeze-5 rooted nice n green < 12 days(transported from a friend in
CA then cut n rooted)
16 Marley's=all 16 rooted nice n green < 12 days
20 Star Dawgs=All rooted nice n green < 12 days
20 GG#4-2 after 21 days. All tops yellowed by day 10. Out of direct light behind one of the other trays of clones. Threw em away. Go figure. These were to be my next run. Guess it's the Star Dawgs and Marley's. Maybe next time.

well for us master growers she is still rooting in 7 to 14 days, don't give up grasshopper.:biggrin:

Mr.Sparky

27 days

27 days

20140817_153319.jpg

20140817_153301.jpg

20140817_153416.jpg

20140817_153343.jpg

20140817_153414.jpg

This is starting to get interesting.

Sorry forgot to rotate pics?

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
actually we are looking into one of those aerial photography drones. they cost about 3400, but if someone on the mag who was cool could bring one out! i can't even take a picture of the entire row anymore i can only fit 4 or so plants per picture.

joesy I'm hoping they should yield more! you can fit a 4x8 tray horizontally on the sides of them thats like 2lb per side... there are a few with 30ft girth that I'm hoping for 8 lb per plant, but i will be happy with 4-5 any day of the week.

hit up devin the dude, he's into filming with his drone... and I bet he would use the footage in his music videos and would probably just trade some herb... I wouldn't imagine he's to hard to get in touch with either.

Devin the Dude (Official Video) - I'm Just Gettin' Blowed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXfiNQKAIXo
[YOUTUBEIF]UXfiNQKAIXo[/YOUTUBEIF]

S

SPG.

well for us master growers she is still rooting in 7 to 14 days, don't give up grasshopper.:biggrin:

My GG#4 Rooted in about 9 days (old static method e.g heated prop-Rockwool cubes)
Someone here had her root in 6 days!! :woohoo:
(at least root nodules anyway and via aerocloner,sure)

So glad Josey went open source with this one....he could have hoarded it but what's the fun in that...he is permanently written into modern cannabis history now...ask dj short if he regrets going open source with blueberry.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I imagine DJ would probably say yes - he was always very protective of his seed work and never liked anyone reworking it. He considered it his intellectual property and therefore theft. It wasn't until many many years later that he shared selected clones with the community at large through dispensaries - and even those particular cuts are not very highly regarded.

And please note - I'm not slamming DJ in any manner. I love blue lines - they are my favorites.

dank.Frank

Mikenite69

Veteran
Ya what dank frank said. But sad to say I could careless for dj's new blueberry line... I kinda wish he would get back into selecting plants again to bring the blueberry back to what it once was. I am sorry to say I don't like musky bland tasting buds with a strain named blueberry. So please don't flame me for my opinion of djs new blueberry lines its just how I feel about it.

Joesy did a great thing when he shared the glue. You will hardly find anyone now a days that did what joesy has done with such a great cut. Todays msrket is mainly all about greed and less sharing of great cuts.

Maybe if everyone did what joesy has done when they find something special great cuts wouldn't be loste forever because there are more than a handfull of growers growing the cut.

Especially with bugs like broad mites, russet mites and now nematodes and dudding with nobody knowing the exact cause great cuts should be spread to hopefully give that great cut a better chance to live for a long time without being lost forever.

My 2 pennys and rant.

Ya what dank frank said. But sad to say I could careless for dj's new blueberry line... I kinda wish he would get back into selecting plants again to bring the blueberry back to what it once was. I am sorry to say I don't like musky bland tasting buds with a strain named blueberry. So please don't flame me for my opinion of djs new blueberry lines its just how I feel about it.

Joesy did a great thing when he shared the glue. You will hardly find anyone now a days that did what joesy has done with such a great cut. Todays msrket is mainly all about greed and less sharing of great cuts.

Maybe if everyone did what joesy has done when they find something special great cuts wouldn't be loste forever because there are more than a handfull of growers growing the cut.

Especially with bugs like broad mites, russet mites and now nematodes and dudding with nobody knowing the exact cause great cuts should be spread to hopefully give that great cut a better chance to live for a long time without being lost forever.

I read a recent interview with dj short and he said his plan was to go open source from the start...never been a huge fan of anything blueberry including dream..but his impact on the industry can't be denied. Chop pics coming tonite!! Thanks for all the tips glue crew!
Best Harv ever for me!

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
I would say DJ is over it, that of people working his stuff and all that. A few months back I heard from him in response to my criticism of the latest hack trying to chop up his work and, well, without speaking for him exactly I can say with confidence he doesn't seem interested in trying to roll the rock up that hill.

Doubtful that he regrets letting any of his cuts out, either. My guess is he did that primarily to combat some of the negative views of his lines while also providing what he likely considered to be proper expressions of those lines (or maybe he hit everyone with the okie doke?). He has also stated that doing so was largely to benefit medicial patients that might stand to gain from Blue lines. How other people feel about them is altogether a different story. Can't please everyone, as this thread clearly proves.

There are nuanced qualities to the Blue lines many smokers simply do not appreciate or, dare I say, understand. Much like frat boys who just want to get smashed on PBR couldn't bother to begin trying to appreciate an aged whiskey or expertly grown and produced wine. These things take time to appreciate, and for some that time never comes. And some people simply don't have the time to spend. I dig it.

Blues are similar to Haze in this regard. Find me a 10 pack of Haze that produces any of the supposed expressions breeders and smokers have mythologized over the years. I think growers of all stripes are better served popping seeds of both lines in numbers instead of complaining they didn't get the acid pheno or something like DJ wrote about 20 years ago in their first 10 seeds.

Also consider how highly inbred both lines are and how the stock, a term I'm using loosely, has been managed over the years. These are not pristine lines by any stretch and that's not even getting into the distribution problems. The genetics are rough around the edges and in need of some serious TLC. Put the work in and they will reward you. Or not. I've seen that happen, too. Such is life.

As for GG4, she roots pretty easily for me. I don't have the exact dates in front of me but two different rounds of clones rooted pretty much right in line with everything else. SFV took like 3 weeks and GG4 was done well before that so she's quick enough.

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Dj could not consider his work Intellectual property unless he is referring to maybe his notes. Intellectual law has nothing to do with a living thing. its to protect things like Music Books ,engineering and design. He has a book on breeding now that he can protect.

Im a Big fan of the heirloom blue and crosses

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
I smoked an equisite example of DJ Shorts Blueberry. Its extremely thick, pungant smoke. The herb had a blue shade to it.
Pop a jar, and the house gets destroyed instantly. I fell in love with it. Every old head I shared with, went banannas over it.
I regret never seeing that again.
I did find 13 beans in a small pocket but they didnt produce anything like the original.
If you can get the right pheno it can be some of the best smoke, that represents the Blue line, on the planet.

I do agree though now, unfortunately, that you would have to pop 100's of seeds to find "the one"......and even then, the new seeds are not what they used to be by along shot. Its a shame that the dude who had been holding that cut for 15 years was a dick and I dont want to talk to him again. I would have loved a cut of that. I still daydream about that damned blueberry.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Have smoked some real nice Blueberry in the Dam. I've forgotten the name of the coffee house, but it's one that is known for their Blueberry. I went there one night and bought some, and rolled a couple of joints, one of which I smoked on the way home. Well it wasn't far from my hotel, but I got so wasted, I got lost. I mean really lost. I was walking around for hours, figuring that eventually I would stumble onto my hotel, but it didn't happen. I finally flagged down a taxi, and I was nowhere near my hotel, although I've been to the Dam several times. He drove me home in his Mercedes Benz taxi, which kind of surprised me that taxi drivers were driving Benzes. You would think VWs or Fiats, or something a bit more economical. But that's how they roll. So what has happened to all the good blueberry?

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
yeah...do that!
:laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.