What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I pretty sure everyone is getting the choc aroma. Is anyone getting something diff?. I'm using almost all organics(PBP) With the Biologic's indoor.. Everyone says It has the Mocha choc aroma/taste... I'm also using Gavita 3KW in a 8x8 space.

Jbomber79

Veteran
I'm 90% organic besides root gel/CalMag... I don't get much of a choc anything? I did however get an almost sweet dare I say fruity aroma from this round?? When you pinch the bud it's the o'l chem smell that comes blaring out.. And when she dries it's like carrying a skunk in your pocket.. Vet asked me if my dog got sprayed by a skunk? I replied "probably" as I snickered to myself...

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
I pretty sure everyone is getting the choc aroma. Is anyone getting something diff?. I'm using almost all organics(PBP) With the Biologic's indoor.. Everyone says It has the Mocha choc aroma/taste... I'm also using Gavita 3KW in a 8x8 space.
im getting that too. chocolate nutty coffee with a prominent but not overbearing sour skunky chem smell. mine is still wet and its an early chopped branch at 57 days. the restll be chopped at 63 ish days.
i used an alternating tanks of bpb, gh 6/9 micro bloom, maxibloom with silica epsom and or cla mag. all usually around 1.2-1.5 ec in roots soil. super small pots ran like coco hydro at about 3 feeds a day on timers.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just re read my post...I forgot to add the second thing I noticed about the smell...the chemmy undertones...another nice feature

Jbomber79

Veteran
Hey it's sounding like "someone" is starting to come around LOL!
probably just that bomb scare... But really I think the terpenes make this plant.

I just re read my post...I forgot to add the second thing I noticed about the smell...the chemmy undertones...another nice feature

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
its beautiful and fucking dense. i thought it was going to be larfy when i looked at it at 5-6 weeks. somewhere around week 7 it just swelled up like a bunch of fucking broken arms. its pretty. and smells delightful. nice strain. for a cropper its the best thing ive seen yet, as an elite. i dont know? if you like the type of herb that it is, it would sure be hard to beat. pretty neat really. its kinda like a bubba but the flavor and smell also leans toward sour chem in this really weird way that ive never seen before. i really like it all the sudden. i wasnt impressed with it til it filled in. i did some abuse to them in the beginning learning how to do drip hydro on them. they didnt frost up like everyones that i saw pics of. but once i got things dialed in they responded really well and look great. next round id imagine theyll be bomb as fuck. they are pretty bomb now but i know i can do better. im throwing in an almost full roo m of them in the next day or two on topfeed multifeed cocohydroton on an irrigation system with jacks hydro 3-2-1 ratio of cal nit and epsom.

this is definitely a noteworthy strain. i think the hype sets it up to be something its not. nothing is really.there is no holy grail. but what it is, is incredibly nice and unique. nice work. i think it deserved the cups it has won.

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
I snapped some shots in a light that aint so yellow...

2014_07_16_3_5ce4ba6c691e293bdac3.jpg

2014_07_16_3_5ce4ba6c691e293bdac3_2.jpg

2014_07_16_3_5ce4ba6c691e293bdac3_4.jpg

2014_07_16_3_5ce4ba6c691e293bdac3_5.jpg

2014_07_16_3_5ce4ba6c691e293bdac3_3.jpg

got a lil seed peekin out in the last one...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looks like the gg#4 s1 will be 60 days on the 23rd. I dont think she will be done at 60 days. I will start checking her @70 days.. The buds are just as firm as the GG#4. I did up pot her about a week into flower. I don't usually do that but the pot was small.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
i dont know how this is even possible. i went into my room with the lights on. i shit you not, they got denser and frostier but a signifigant ammount in less than 36 hours. its like all of a sudden these are just wanting to show me what they got.
they look absolutely insane with frost. they were frosted and beautiful 36 hous ago but they are almost starting to look fake.the smell really is delightful. not the most stanky thing ive grown in shear volume of smell. it does smell really unique imo. the sour chem smell is almost a muted highlight to the rich robust nuttty mocha flavors. kinda makes my belly rumble. seriously something ive not encountered flavor wise. im used to the chems smells being so loud and overpowering. i love those smells. in this its almost hard to put it in the forfront of the smell experience but its there just not how im used to it. its neck and neck with the other smells. im digging this alot. i know some would rather have an og or a sour but this is not in the same realm as far as im concerned. i think this speaks to a whole other type of herb profile. its a complex hybrid for sure. definately see how this grabbed joseys attention now. i whole new impression 36 hours later. this thing is definitely going to yield too. hard fucking nugs that look like someone sprayed on the trichs for a special effect and maybe got carried away in a few spots. like you could scrape them off in clumps. fucking neat plant. glad im firing up a whole room of it minus a light or two of thin mint.

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
there is no holy grail.

I think each strain has its own Holy Grail phenotype.
Meaning that theres 1 pheno that will just rock that plant and make it super dank, above all other phenos.
Ive smoked Holy Grail DJSTBB, NYCD, Afghani, Skunk#1, Purple Skunk, SSH, and GrandoggyPurps.

The GrandoggyPurps has a Pine Pheno that is true X-Mas Tree.
If you find it you will know. Thats the Holy Grail pheno of that strain. I thought I had better phenos growing, till I smoked it.
It blew away all other phenos in the taste dept. I didnt keep a cut so I will be searching again for her when I purchase 10 packs to make sure I have a better chance at finding her again. I didnt expect PINE from a Purp Plant, but holy shit. X-Mas tree Pine.
How do you get a plant that is straight grape wine tasting and then get Pine from the same genepool? LOL
This plant has it all. Grape - Grandmas Purse/Leather - Pine.
I bet theres a few more unique terpene profiles in there too.

Sorry to get off track......
Thanx for that report on her Str8! You have my stomache rumbeling around now.
So excited for a chocolatey/mocha/coffee thing with a Meaty Sour Chemmy Funk.
Im hungry.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I call the phenos that I like the best out of all I have gown/tried from ea strain as keepers. Calling it Holy grail SSH would start arguments real quick. Plus its all subjective holy grail is way to strong of a word to use for cannabis even though some one used it for that and it was not even close to so called HG if there even is one witch I don't think there is.

well its hardly an elite if everyone has or it was given away freely and generously!:biggrin:
more like a good looking,easy girl who has a strict condom policy...i believe some aussies put it best..."she was a fast machine,she kept her motor clean..."

tellin me no lies knockin me out with those american thighs

buttyrekka

i cant remember a time when a clone was spread so freely and widely.
so many growers with confirmed cuts,it's very exciting to see the different cultivation techniques that lead to different smell/tastes and high's.
all from 1 clone...chem leaning,bubba,sour.some take early 56,some leave till 70...great plant! give yourself a pat on the back josey.you did something special.

sound proper man thanks for sharing your recipe

my organic mite treatment prevention ipm goes like this. i mix a mild to medium strength dilution from the bottle instruction of all these three ingredients.
in a pump sprayer. i usually make a gallon.

azadactrin product (azamax or azatrol)

pyganic.

spinosad.
( they dont list it for mites but i have had better results with it than without and it kills thrips they may be secretly hanging out.)

to this i add enough soap to emulsify the oils. i like peppermint dr. bs.
discard unused always make fresh.

i spray this every three days every singly plant in veg room underside and tops of all leaves.

i time it so that as the round in flower hsrvests and the veg plant go in theyve had three treatments and are now due the fourth. when they get rotated in they recieve thier 4th and final treatment. this ensures any lingering mites from the flowering round (yeah right) get an overlapping treatment. then no more sprays for these plants.

ive never had this not work. ive never had a spider mite issue get to the point of a problem. ive had them come in on clones and this always eradicated them or at least controlled them to the point of unnoticeable.

i like this approach because it utilizes 3 different modes of control.
neem pyrethrin and soapy water (very mild if at all) . these products are safe leave no residuals by harvest time and are completely undetectable in final product when used on this timeline.

i wamt to add that these should be rotated with a fine mist spraying of h20 between treatment applications for two reasons. it washes of previous application so that plants can breath. spidermites hate water.
hope this helps. i have seriously never had this not work.

go mild on the pyg, and aza products they work well in mild concentrations and the plants will get a little hungover from it if its too strong. it gives em a transpiration oil cloggy kind of stress. wash em off 24 hours after every spraying. i swear this works. it would probably work well with 3 times 3 days apart. but i always 4 times 3 days apart.. but 3 days would cover thier entire life cycle so it should work.

hope this helps.

ive not had a spidermites get out of hand or even get to be noticesble beyond a few speckling fan leaves at the end of flower (rarely ever) since i started this in 2008.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
tellin me no lies knockin me out with those american thighs

im going to say this. its still rare as fuck. im in a med state and i dont know any motherfuckers here who have this except for those i passed it to. im not trying to say i know everyone but i really dont know of anyone with this right now. it may be old news on this forum but we make up a surprisingly low percentage of whats actually going on in the real weed world. im going to rock some full rooms of this on repeat til i get told to stop. fucking great plant with a relatively small cult following of growers. no its not the holy grail. was blue dream? no. but when i was one of the few people i knew rocking it i was getting really positive feedback and yielding 20% over my norm. i rode it til the wheels fell off. this is even better herb in my opinion. maybe not quite the same caliber of cropper, but then again, what is. its has the potential for crushing yields . the quality is way high top shelf. is it as top shelf as some classic ogs? probably not as widely seen as such, but no one would turn their nose up at it. if they hadnt been all on hypercritic mode from hearing the hype theyd be blown away by a good batch. this is top of top shelf. people hating on it or hyper criticizing it arent recognizing what it is and focusing on what it isnt.. a cheetah is a terrible tennis partner but you cant say shes a heel dragger. smells really good, pretty, crusted beyond belief unique <9 weeks and stacked. how could anybody meh at this. sure its not og, but look what it IS. exceptional fire and beefcake all in one. my kind of cropper. id still rather partake in a sour d session myself but ill take this one in my grow room over sour d anyday. nice work josey. thanks for thinking of the little guys. i for one appreciate it. im gonna knock up a sour d with this one.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Well the last thing we need is another glue thread so to spare everyone I'm going to be documenting my current round of glue in this thread from time to time. Four plants went under a light on the 14th. I'm hoping to hit 40 ounces but we shall see. Could be a little less could be more. #5 nursery pots of 100% coco fed daily with Canna nutes. Plants were 48 inches upon entry at which time they were super cropped and tied to a trellis which is 39 inches tall. They are currently under 600 watts and I'll be turning that up to a maximum of 1000 watts hopefully.

Here is the canopy the night they went in.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I'll do my best to drop pics in this thread weekly for those that are interested. I haven't grown 4 at once except when I first got the cut last year and being my first run it wasn't the best. I feel I have her dialed in pretty good at this point so I know 10 zips per plant is easily obtainable, in fact I know 12 per plant is possible in my setup if everything goes perfect.

Here are two plants currently at day 41.

picture.php

Status
Not open for further replies.