What's new

Gorilla Glue #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your a little light on that NY price frosty :)
I feel bad for you midwest & west coast guys & the prices you have to get in order to get rid of it . 2K krusty ???? :yoinks:

i'm not even gonna tell ya's what I get here :biggrin:

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
question for the glutards....
just transfered my GG4.... into her permanent home.... 20gal smart pot... on wheels...
placed 4... 6ft wooden tomato stakes... around the pot 4way stance...

encircled that with 2inch chicken wire 3ft tall from top of the pot... around the pot and stakes... zip-tied in place....

So my QUESTION is......

do I....

A. weave the steams thru the holes and back and forth so the plant intertwines w/ the wire frame....???

B. zip-tie the stems in place on the wire frame so they only grow up the wire frame...???
b.. inside or outside of the frame...???

c. leave the bitch alone{ stop over thinking} and let her do her thang....

anybody got answers..... plz do tell

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yort, above all else NEVER LET HER DO HER OWN THING!!!!!! And remember she will stretch 2 to 3 times. I would poke them through and tie to the outside. Maybe let a few grow to the inside with stakes for support. She has some of the weakest stems you will ever encounter. She will explode with side branches soon :D

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
Thats rediculous. You cali people needa ship your shit outta state or something.

Yeah NY has the highest pot prices out of anywhere i think. Its also risky too though :dunno:.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
i'd be worried about the chicken wire cutting through the stems . i'd leave her inside the wire & trim back alot of the sucker branches , if ya can get to them . personally i'd also raise the wire up off the pot by about a foot so ya can clean up the bottoms of the plants & still have some net for the stretch .

thats just me :)

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mason jars vacuum sealed to NY. If i knew the right person id do it .
PKG's from Cali to NY get taken all the time CG ..... its not worth the risk !!! the Cali postal & fedex & UPS know whats up & they open any suspicious PKG's .

yortbogey

Veteran
my plan is to allow the plant to grow into circumference of the pot/cage...
then once i decide on how /where to anchor my branches...I will come back with another full round of Chk wire on top of the other to take the cage up even more...eventually all the way up to the top @ 6ft...

once the branches have begun there vertical climb....I do intend to come back and cut thru sum of the bottom wire/ while still leaving in place...
and cut / trim away all the leaf larf.... no popcorn for me.....

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Agree it's not that easy, UPS can open anything at anytime for any reason, Same for FedEx.. USPS sends the suspicious packages to a certain area at the local hub for inspection. If you look suspicious they can flag the package. Not worth the risk for the people on the receiving end.

Don't cut off to many of the 8" lateral branch's. These will produce nice size buds compared to the size of the branch. There will be a lot of these. They all need support.. You will be surprised at the yield compared to the size of the Stock. The 1 that had a 87 day veg is no bigger then a sharpie pen. She is over 7' tall 3'.5" around.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yorty , why not just a big tomato cage ? would be alot easier to work on the plant .& still be able to tie to it on the inside or outside .

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
PKG's from Cali to NY get taken all the time CG ..... its not worth the risk !!! the Cali postal & fedex & UPS know whats up & they open any suspishious PKG's .

every part of the process is a potential job with a pay value. all the way from making fertilizer to selling 1/8ths. just because the job of selling eiths has potential doesnt mean you need to sieze the oppurtunity. focus on your skill set and the optimim part of the process for the area you are in provides and if you feel you need more money expand on what you are already doing. if you live in a med state and can safely grow more why choose to do something more risky to make more money, just grow more herb in the safe enviroment where you live. you dont need to do every job in ther process to feel compensated. a grower in ny is taking considerably more risk than a grower in la and thats why theres more herb there for cheaper unit prices. the job of transport comes with considerably more financial loss along the way and isnt free money. those folks who have made that thier job do it well and and they focus on it in the same way you focus on growing and thats why they get paid to do it. thats not to say you cant do both but they are both jobs with thier own individual pay scales and should be viewed as such. if you ship your herb you have two jobs.

yortbogey

Veteran
couldn't find any locally.... all the dam grandma gardeners have gotten them for there "maters"......plus I wanted @ least 6 ft tall in height / support....encase the bitch swells to 8ft..... she's only got 2ft on non-supported area.... that could be covered w/ another layer of scrog wire layed flat on top of the cage........

plus the roll of chk wire was 50 ft....for 8 bucks

so i got extra for winter scrog......

Last edited:

Grizz

Veteran
couldn't find any locally.... all the dam grandma gardeners have gotten them for there "maters"......plus I wanted @ least 6 ft tall in height / support....encase the bitch swells to 8ft..... she's only got 2ft on non-supported area.... that could be covered w/ another layer of scrog wire layed flat on top of the cage........

plus the roll of chk wire was 50 ft....for 8 bucks

so i got extra for winter scrog......

I think your vegging all summer and doing a natural flower outdoors or in a greenhouse ?? if so I would let her alone for a few months until flower starts then wrap a cage around it, if you check fishers thread out in the grow diaries you will see some huge gg4 bushes . as healthy as yours looks it wont need support till she flowers

CARE giver

Sour Bubble Connoisseur
Veteran
I thought usps doesnt open packages. And even if they did a little out of the box thinking trumps that. I literally just came up with one off the top of my head.

Take a box from something like microwave or whatever. Wrap it like a present so to Mary. And id be moree than suprised if they not only opened the first.. but also the second "present" box.

Smokin Joe

Humpin to please
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think your vegging all summer and doing a natural flower outdoors or in a greenhouse ?? if so I would let her alone for a few months until flower starts then wrap a cage around it, if you check fishers thread out in the grow diaries you will see some huge gg4 bushes . as healthy as yours looks it wont need support till she flowers
There you go Yort. I didn't think about the veg cycle lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts