What's new

Gorilla Glue #4...

Status
Not open for further replies.

captain planet

Veteran
Dans if I ever do the coco test, wondering what size pots you rock. Your in smarties right?
I've never thought any of Uncs comments were prickish.... Long winded maybe but I appreciate getting to pick his sukky brain.
Now I would have asked philth since I know he's running soil similar to mine , but I see he's got grobags wall to wall.

Oh and I'm sure as shit I got lucky!

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You don't need to stick up for him ..... he knows he SUX !!!! :)

i just started using 3 gallon smart pots on some bigger plants . but i've been using the 2 gallon pots of coco for what seems like forever . 2 gallon nursery pots , 2 gallon squares (still use them ) & 2 gallon hempys .

Jbomber79

Veteran
Hey guys how many days in the cloner is too many? I have had some cuttings I got from a friend in there for almost 3 weeks.. tiny little roots and not growing? The other cuttings are doing just fine? Any advice fella's?

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Give them time J & change the water once a week . some strains take longer to root is all . :)

Grizz

Veteran
CP the size of the pot you use depends all on how long your going to veg them in the pot you flower them in, I veg my glue for at least 2 weeks in the 5 gl pot I flower in, lets them spread and get going before I flower them. if using smart pots I would use at least a 5 gl. unless there small plants then a 3 gl would work.

unc have improved his skills greatly in the last couple of years, if you have followed any of his threads you can see the progress, not saying he don't suk cause we all know he does.

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
CP the size of the pot you use depends all on how long your going to veg them in the pot you flower them in, I veg my glue for at least 2 weeks in the 5 gl pot I flower in, lets them spread and get going before I flower them. if using smart pots I would use at least a 5 gl. unless there small plants then a 3 gl would work.
JW ....for soils i'd completely agree with that . but coco , you really don't need a pot that big for big plants . i consistantly get from 5 to 7 z's out of 2 gallon pots . I stepped up to 3's cuz of Adrift & 3rd getting half pounders from 3 gallons of coco .
It does depend on your water/feed shedule though . small pots have to be fed more than larger pots .

Last edited:

Grizz

Veteran
yes your right about being able to use smaller pots but I just like having a well rooted plant in the 5 gl . even in the 5 gl in mid flower they will be bone dry in 24 hrs. the way the glue grows and roots I think it likes space

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hear ya . I've got them in 2 gallon hempys this time , but i'll try the 3 gallon smarties next time to see if theres a big difference . maybe a 5 or 7 after that :)

there ya go captian .... 2 opinions about the coco & both ways work well .... the choise is yours :)

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
speakin of the King of suk !!! He must be stuck to his chair tonight trimmin that beast of a glue :)

Jbomber79

Veteran
11-14dyz

11-14dyz

DB- I would agree but folks have been rootin them quick stylz..

At least they have roots... i hear the gsc takes a long time anyone experienced long rooting times like this with her?:tiphat:

Give them time J & change the water once a week . some strains take longer to root is all . :)

captain planet

Veteran
I gotta go check em out at the store to really get a good idea I think , I pretty much know I d be between 5-7 with soil for my setup, and 3-5 when I test coco. I'm just feelin everybody up :) .... That's all the action I can get these days , like a little game of elbow tit :) or the stop short trick ;)

Jbomber79

Veteran
thanks Phil these gals flew in overnighted and a little stressed.. Plus I'm wondering if the
temp has anything to do with it, it's pretty cool down in the basement.

Grizz

Veteran
I gotta go check em out at the store to really get a good idea I think , I pretty much know I d be between 5-7 with soil for my setup, and 3-5 when I test coco. I'm just feelin everybody up :) .... That's all the action I can get these days , like a little game of elbow tit :) or the stop short trick ;)

just remember, how long am I going to veg them. I have some now pushing 5ft .

captain planet

Veteran
Gotcha..... So there real question is if my 600 will penetrate 18 or so inches into canopy how long for 4 to fill a 3x3 screen + 2month flower..... Or do I vert the bulb and give that ago, and how long of veg to get, idk 2 feet + 2m flower, if they tripple in size thats six and i cant handle much more never went vert before, ( always kinda went with about a gallon per month). I'm just talkin now

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
JB....how much light do you have the cuts under? most people use way too much light in their cloning areas,i only use a 23w cfl to light the clone area plus whatever light gets over there,thats plenty for cloning...too much light slows things down...

hey,not like im all that good a grower or anything,on top of being pretty lazy and having a ton of other stuff to do.its a simple system is all....simple systems are bound to work better over the long haul...

captain planet

Veteran
Jb what kind of cloner setup. I am 2 step, if I get even 1 1/2 inch root, I pop mine in soil, than another couple weeks in that solo cup of soil.
picture.php

Middle one is ready for me to up pot or top, or both, per the way Im used to :)

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I ran out of large pots. i have 1 GG in a 3g. She is pretty large. I will have to water that one more often. I will see how she does on 1 liter every 12hrs. Then adjust as neded.

Status
Not open for further replies.