What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4 - Part II

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Absolutely. I see a monster mono crop of glue coming this fall. I’ve been wanting to grow this one since I first smoked it around 2017. It checks every single box and checks boxes you didn’t know you had lol. Seriously grateful to have this one.

Check her out @flower~power !
View attachment 18982351

I thought it was interesting how she faded to bright reds under the LED but under the CMH she faded yellow.
You got her looking good

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
Lost mine 2 years ago, after getting bored and wanting to see what else was out there. Ordered online clones, got spider mites from hell and lost everything after battling for a year.

Wondering how much of what is called GG4 is actually true GG4 these days. See people everywhere selling seeds they call GG4, so how many are getting from these seeds, and thinking it is real. Remember in 2014 Dark heart was selling clones that were identified as being fake.

Drumskinz

Lost mine 2 years ago, after getting bored and wanting to see what else was out there. Ordered online clones, got spider mites from hell and lost everything after battling for a year.

Wondering how much of what is called GG4 is actually true GG4 these days. See people everywhere selling seeds they call GG4, so how many are getting from these seeds, and thinking it is real. Remember in 2014 Dark heart was selling clones that were identified as being fake.
I still have GG4 in my stable…was gifted some cuttings of her back in 2018…And I know she’s the real deal cuz she past through one other set of hands (he’s probably reading this as I type) who got it directly from JW…like everyone has said she is a perennial winner and will be for the foreseeable future

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
I still have GG4 in my stable…was gifted some cuttings of her back in 2018…And I know she’s the real deal cuz she past through one other set of hands (he’s probably reading this as I type) who got it directly from JW…like everyone has said she is a perennial winner and will be for the foreseeable future
Mine was straight from marrdogg. Learned hard way that any bought clones need to be quarantined for months before exposing to cherished plants. It was Bens nursery on strainly that sent spider mites from hell. When I searched someone 8 months before me got them, and has sent out for at least year and a half after me. Lost $2K worth of top notch clones plus GG4, and ordered 20 different since then from 6 different vendors and all have fusarium. Some almost dead on arrival and others take a month. They die quickest in summer when over 80F.

LostTribe

Premium user
Mine was straight from marrdogg. Learned hard way that any bought clones need to be quarantined for months before exposing to cherished plants. It was Bens nursery on strainly that sent spider mites from hell. When I searched someone 8 months before me got them, and has sent out for at least year and a half after me. Lost $2K worth of top notch clones plus GG4, and ordered 20 different since then from 6 different vendors and all have fusarium. Some almost dead on arrival and others take a month. They die quickest in summer when over 80F.
You are 100% right on quarantine. Best when cuttings are taken in in quarantine or separately as well, no touching of roots/rooters/rw cubes/cut stems etc.

This viroid passes like wildfire. A drop of sap from a cut plant brushed against a clean plant can infect. Cuttings placed in the same dome with shared water in the tray is the easiest way to spread it as the root system contains the greatest load of the viroid. I started bagging all my cuttings and just planning on them taking longer to root. No more aerocloner for now.

As for non systemic pathogens, I've been binge watching seminars and reading up on tissue culture. What I've taken from that is if you are dealing with a non systemic like PM, Fusarium, mites, bugs, etc can be easily cleaned. I had a tiny bit of PM on my Trinity when I got her. It was not bad but sulfur wouldnt get rid of it.

-Take a fresh cutting with cutters that have been soaked in 1:1 bleach:water for 1 min
-All done in a still air box
-10 minute soak in 1 part bleach to 10 parts water
-rinse in sterilized water x 3 (seperate jars of clean pressure cooked RO)
-recut, swab with clonex(dont cross contam your root gels)
-place in a sterilized rooter (soak in your ph'd cutting mix then microwave 1 min at a time until -its steaming and let cool)
-place in quart zip lock freezer bag, blown up and sealed
-place in box with heatmat set to 80F under rooting light
-Open after 5 days and refill air, repeat every 24-48 hours after that until rooted

Once you have clean cuts keep them away from all your other plants, equipment and always use bleach soaked cutters and don't let any water runoff cross contaminate your root systems, runoff should not touch the other planters. I've been using egg crate but there are some other options or use a method like soil that doesnt run off. With automation you sort of need runoff though.

That is the same cleaning method used in many tissue culture labs, but instead of baggies they will place on MS media in a culture vessel all of which has been autoclaved or pressure cooked for 20min at 15 psi, cutter, paper towels, everything placed inside the still air box or laminar flow hood.

Lots of info out there now, this will save most plants, which are not infected with a systemic. If you have tested positive for hop latent, light a match and burn it all down and bleach everything with a respirator and full bod ppe. I've been told some real crappy stories lately. Looks like theres only one maybe 2 people that have really figured out how to clean up HLV and it aint cheap and it aint quick. None of the labs that are advertising are acutally doing it just selling fresh cuts with not enough viral load to test hot. Plants are later testing hot.

Last edited:

Desert Dan

Veteran
You are 100% right on quarantine. Best when cuttings are taken in in quarantine or separately as well, no touching of roots/rooters/rw cubes/cut stems etc.

This viroid passes like wildfire. A drop of sap from a cut plant brushed against a clean plant can infect. Cuttings placed in the same dome with shared water in the tray is the easiest way to spread it as the root system contains the greatest load of the viroid. I started bagging all my cuttings and just planning on them taking longer to root. No more aerocloner for now.

As for non systemic pathogens, I've been binge watching seminars and reading up on tissue culture. What I've taken from that is if you are dealing with a non systemic like PM, Fusarium, mites, bugs, etc can be easily cleaned. I had a tiny bit of PM on my Trinity when I got her. It was not bad but sulfur wouldnt get rid of it.

-Take a fresh cutting with cutters that have been soaked in 1:1 bleach:water for 1 min
-All done in a still air box
-10 minute soak in 1:4 bleach to water
-rinse in sterilized water x 3 (seperate jars of clean pressure cooked RO)
-recut, swab with clonex(dont cross contam your root gels)
-place in a sterilized rooter (soak in your ph'd cutting mix then microwave 1 min at a time until -its steaming and let cool)
-place in quart zip lock freezer bag, blown up and sealed
-place in box with heatmat set to 80F under rooting light
-Open after 5 days and refill air, repeat every 24-48 hours after that until rooted

Once you have clean cuts keep them away from all your other plants, equipment and always use bleach soaked cutters and don't let any water runoff cross contaminate your root systems, runoff should not touch the other planters. I've been using egg crate but there are some other options or use a method like soil that doesnt run off. With automation you sort of need runoff though.

That is the same cleaning method used in many tissue culture labs, but instead of baggies they will place on MS media in a culture vessel all of which has been autoclaved or pressure cooked for 20min at 15 psi, cutter, paper towels, everything placed inside the still air box or laminar flow hood.

Lots of info out there now, this will save most plants, which are not infected with a systemic. If you have tested positive for hop latent, light a match and burn it all down and bleach everything with a respirator and full bod ppe. I've been told some real crappy stories lately. Looks like theres only one maybe 2 people that have really figured out how to clean up HLV and it aint cheap and it aint quick. None of the labs that are advertising are acutally doing it just selling fresh cuts with not enough viral load to test hot. Plants are later testing hot.
Are you soaking your fresh cuts in bleach?

-DD

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
1:10 is more than you would ever need for anything. Even that is way above recommended dilution for sanitizing and disinfecting surfaces.

DFFD8C92-4E96-4DC5-BADC-BB3936B30566.jpeg
5E4FD793-3B0B-4FD3-8A9C-40954B1D7745.jpeg

LostTribe

Premium user
I was just stating the majority of the info I've found for plant tissue culture initiation protocol calls for using 10% bleach for 10 minutes and rinse 3x. I agree its strong, but I have just been following the guides I've read/seen and am certainly no expert. I have not measured the ppm but will see if I can get a reading with my old pen next time.

This is an example from a quick google search from Cornell University.

Alot of guys get passed bugs and things that are easily treatable and end up culling the cultivar instead of just cleaning them up. Just thought it might save a few of the guys some highly regarded gear somewhere down the road.

Thank you for the numbers, if I remember I'll test 1:36 too. I had some dichlor that is much less potent that Bill Graham from Microcloner includes with his media packs but have not had an opportunity to try that either.

I havent got roots on these yet but stoked to run this Glue! (I didnt clean any of the recent cuts I got aside from the rooters and a dip in 1tsp/gal micronized sulfur).

Have a good weekend Gents!
LT

Latest posts

Latest posts