What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4 - Part II

Loc Dog

Hobbies include "drinkin', smokin' weed, and all k
Veteran
There is no need.. The plant cant use it.. LED grown plants are very different than HID feed requirements. LED needs more heat and feed. Heat in a HID garden can cause foxtailing.

Thanks for the reply. Everyone was using HID or at the time the new DE lights when I was growing. Any suggestion on max feed under LED. My PAR at tops in scrog is at most 700 and least 500 PAR. I am using vero 29 gen 7's COB's. 10 in 4 X 8 tent running about 1000 watts.

I got those lights before I stopped growing around 5 years ago, which was basement grow, so very cool. I had one excellent run with about 1.2 grams per watt, dried to 63%.

The plants seemed nice, green, and healthy. There is slight sign of nutrient burn at the tips of the leaves now, but not during veg or most of flower.

Batteries in camera are dead, but will post some here when charged.

Reactions: ost

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
For my rooms i usually top out at 3.0 ec tops and 8-900 ppfd with my hlg scorpions and 600 rspecs. Heres a couple shots of some gg4 x firecookies i just chopped.

Attachments

• photo2060301.jpg
    photo2060301.jpg
    172.7 KB · Views: 155
  • photo2060302.jpg
    photo2060302.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 149

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
My glue cut dudded out so i had to recently get her back. Shes running propper again.

Mine too. 😢.
and the Blue Dream. BD lasted about a year longer. I got rid of both, but I'm worried my cloner is spreading the HLV to other cuts. Gotta get that figured out

Reactions: ost

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
Once my glue got it, i threw away my scissors. Now before i jump strain to strain whatever im cutting with gets soaked in sanidate and 91%rubbing alcohol.

So, I was using alcohol too, but I heard on a podcast that alcohol doesn't kill viroids. They recommended bleach or h202. I use Lysol spray also, but haven't heard any science on it.
here's a quote and link from Oaksterdam:
"Established sterilization practices using isopropyl alcohol do not kill the viroid. In fact, alcohol seems to amplify HLVd, making plants more susceptible to infection, Jones says. Because it lies latent, it is often spread unknowingly within and between cannabis grows.Nov 5, 2021"
https://oaksterdamuniversity.com/plant-talk-hop-latent-viroid/

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
I'm ordering a bunch of scissors. I stuck a magnet on each tent that scissors will stick to. Im currently using one pair of scissors per tent, but I'm going get one pair for each plant. Those cheaper trim scissors are dropping in price and are just as good as fiskars. It'll be much harder to infect that way... I dunno.. I'm trying

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Depends on the strength.. 60-100% ISO will kill all viruses, molds, and germs. It works fine for disinfecting utensils. Keep in mind DARK HEART is associated with Oaksterdam. They sell a proprietary method to test for VIRODS..

I use scalpels with replaceable blades. I use those disposable alcohol wipes on the blades. Scissors are only for trimming. These are kept in a jar with 90% ISO..

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Ya thats why i went to using sanidate as a double dip. Its a hospital grade cleaner. kills ecoli and covid as well.if you leave the scissors submerged for long periods the do slightly rust. Not so much on the blades but the bolts..

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was wondering if that causes them to rust? Do you notice anything like that?

The level of the iso can not go past the nut. Just below the nut is what you want. The Nut will rust if it's submerged.. If the scissors are closed the metal to metal contact will rust. Make sure they're open. DO NOT SUBMERGE THE WHOLE THING!. The plastic will get messed up.

CannaRed

Cannabinerd
420giveaway
The level of the iso can not go past the nut. Just below the nut is what you want. The Nut will rust if it's submerged.. If the scissors are closed the metal to metal contact will rust. Make sure they're open. DO NOT SUBMERGE THE WHOLE THING!. The plastic will get messed up.

Thanks. I have a cousin that cuts hair and I was asking her about barbasol and stuff like that. I figured it would have some kind of conditioners and antioxidants to prevent rusting.

Thanks for the info!
​​​​​​

LostTribe

Premium user
I ran 2 of these on a prior run but they were pretty indica leaning. This one is lanky and skinnier leaves. Its an Ethos Colorado Chem ((Chem 4 x Chem 91) X Chem D x i95) X Gorilla Glue #4 hoping its better than the other 2 were. So far looks more GG4 at least to my eye. I have another that has 5 leaflets and is a bit shorter like the other 2 were. Here at 22days
Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=18061490.jpg Views:	0 Size:	175.3 KB ID:	18061620

Does GG4 stretch? How long do they normally go?
LT

Latest posts

Latest posts