What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gorilla Glue #4 from GGStrains

shishkaboy

>>>>Beanie Man<<<<
My male SSSDH is dumping pollin now so yesterday I pollinated a few branches on a GG#4 at week 5 flower. Gonna need to let her go 77 - 82 days so the beans will finish properly.
GG#4 x SSSDH sounds great!
Today, Im gonna pollinate a few branches on my Super Lemon Glaze.....(SLH x GG#4)
(SLH x GG#4) x SSSDH sounds yummy too!
Cant wait!! 8 weeks and Ill be able to pop these tester beans!

I took plastic sandwich baggies and put them over the tops of the male to catch the pollin that falls out. I layed the plant on its side. Now that it has lots of ripe pollin sacks that are opening, Im gonna let him stay in the veg room with 24h of light for a few days to collect the pollin then chop him.
Very excited about these beans. The SSSDH has huge, long, thick spears for buds. It just needed some flavor. The GG#4 and SLG will add that.

I think you should be straight. I pollinated my last batch at 5 weeks and had fully formed seeds with just a few immatures. They all are popping very well.

I tried a plastic bag to catch pollen also but it didnt work out well. Too much moisture built up, condensation on the inside of the bag.

My next one is gonna be with a paper bag.

Good luck!!!

Snook

Still Learning
Veteran
I think you should be straight. I pollinated my last batch at 5 weeks and had fully formed seeds with just a few immatures. They all are popping very well.

I tried a plastic bag to catch pollen also but it didnt work out well. Too much moisture built up, condensation on the inside of the bag.
My next one is gonna be with a paper bag.
Good luck!!!
I once by instruction of one of the members here (??? sorry) to take a cut off branch of the male plant that is close to popping, 6"-10" strip bottom 1/3 or so, poke a hole in the bottom of a 16oz solo cup and put the stem of the cut down into the cup, pull thru hole til top of cola is in the cup and place the stem sticking out the bottom of the cup in water... bubbling would be nice but not 100% necessary, place in almost any environment and the pollen will fall into the cup when he pops his load..possibly a top on the cup w holes, think McDonalds maybe... and then theres BOPMS :
Breed One Plant Multiple Strains from years ago... it works. https://www.opengrow.com/topic/3764...tiples-strains/page__hl__bopms__fromsearch__1

Croptober

Now that you mention it...... it does resemble the 2.0 with the long hairs and shiny, dark green leaves. Although I dont think you were saying that. I think you said that because if the guy had the 2.0 then he prob had the real GG4. Maybe a mislabel or like dogstar said....its his nutes. LOL!

Thought it looked similar to the pics I've seen, definitely cookie-ish to me. I'm guessing whoever he got the cut from has 2.0 and GG4 and a 2.0 got mislabeled as GG4 and that's what was sent to dogstar. Case solved :tiphat:

Anyone know if the 1 and 5 are being released? Been seeing pics of it on IG lately.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I dont believe DS is in the USA guys.

I have not herd about JW releasing either..

I collect all my fem pollen with my pollen box and tweezers. I pick off all the open male flowers onto a 4x4 mirror. After i have enough i put them all into the sieve. This method produces the cleanest pollen I have got. A normal male spews so much pollen it wont be hard to collect it just by shaking the branches onto a piece of paper.

picture.php

Last edited:

Dog Star

Veteran
Hammerhead is right,am not in states but living in Europe.

Am not sure but i didnt see Europeans grow OGKB 2.0... sees only few grows with GG#4
from Euro growers and thats it.

Also those guy that send me cut dont answer mine PMs now... not a best thing
to understand what i growing here.. on another hand i am not unhappy with this
plant,love potency,taste and how fast she grows..

Wish you best

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran

THANX!
I left a small open end and theres a fan lightly removing any condensation. Its in my veg room so no cross contamination is possible. I had about 8 sacks open and thats all I need. I took a dry papertowel piece, twisted it into a point, rubbed it around in the plastic bag with pollin, then rubbed it all over the hairs on a GG4 and SLG that I took outa the flower room.
I waited 5 minutes, then lightly sprayed water on them to set the pollin.
Should be good to go with lots of beans.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Never use water until your ready to kill it off. When I pollinate I wait 24 hrs after then mist the branches to kill the pollen so it doesn't pollinate other plants. Pollen is very light will float in the air to reach plants miles away. water saturates the cell making them water logged rupturing the cell making it not viable. Every time I have used to much water no seeds where found.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here are the 2 phenos from round#6 of SOL ADV MIX x GG#4.. 1st pic is what all of the seed plants look like. None have had any glue in them that I can see. 2nd pic is a new pheno I have not seen. She is really finicky. Long petioles, flimsy branching, likes a lot less watering. As soon as I get a few cuts rooted I will put her into flower to see what I got.

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Dog Star

Veteran
That is really close to loose him...

are you taked those cut in week 7 of flowering??

Its interesting what i found in a those bigger thread about GG#4.
On page 2291 and in a post # 22907 from High Grade Only where he shows some huge
buds of GG#4 and picture first on left side is a top cola bud with 8 leafes,7 normaly
positioned and one over them... those biggest fan leaf that is positioned left on picture.

I have here same situation and even better cause i have some colas that have 8 and some
with 9 leafes.

Rb 26 commented that guy use PGRs cause a buds are so huge... i dont know for PGRs cause i dont use them but i know a organic Ferticell nutes that i use really enlarge
a leaf area... lot of mine leafes are really huge,they are longer,wider,fatter petioles and i guess can grow those extra 2 upper little fan leafes but then they are whithouth any serations on self..,looks like mutation more..

That is what i sees from observing a plant..

redlaser

Veteran
This is how close I got to losing my gg#4 cut.

That does look like a week 6 or 7 bud at least, good to see it take off. That would be something you could get back without a problem for sure though.
kinda cool watching regrowth unless you needed it soon

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I like rooting flowers so I dont need to keep cloning just to keep her alive. I like doing that more then reveging the plant. Works better for me. That is the 3rd time I have rooted a flower cutting from GG#4

Last edited:

Dog Star

Veteran
8 leafed plant

picture.php

picture.php

6 leafed plant

picture.php

7 leafed

picture.php

picture.php

All taked from same clone,some of plants perform 9 leafes..,but some have also 8,or 7,or 6 and 5 max..

OvergrowDaWorld

$$ ALONE $$
Veteran
Never use water until your ready to kill it off. When I pollinate I wait 24 hrs after then mist the branches to kill the pollen so it doesn't pollinate other plants. Pollen is very light will float in the air to reach plants miles away. water saturates the cell making them water logged rupturing the cell making it not viable. Every time I have used to much water no seeds where found.

Im really hoping to get some beans. I probably shouldve waited atleast a few hours.
On Another Note -
I have 1 VERY sativa leaning SSSDH that is only at day 20 flower that has trichomes all the way out to the tip of the fan leaves. Like chyrnobl does.
It smells INCREDIBLY sweet and hazey. I think I should get a cut while in flower just incase its THAT good.
The plant is stupid tall though. Wasnt planning on running any long flowering, super tall plants but.............thats what topping is for. These beans were from OJD's personal stash so Im sure that tall female will be super good.

Anyhoo......... I hope I didnt spray it to soon. Im not a breeder by any means and have alot to learn. If I get a bunch of beans than it worked. If not, I have pollin for next run.....if its still viable by then.

Super Lemon Glaze = SLH x GG#4(r) Week 5 ~
picture.php

GG#4 Week 5 ~
picture.php

UnderDawg Week 5 ~
picture.php

GG#4 Week 5 ~
picture.php

Latest posts

Latest posts