What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Goodbye to the farmers market thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
What a shame. I was just heating up for a trip up there in the next month or so....

You can still visit us. we arent closing or anything... lol

thanks again to everyone for their really really kind words. :)
i really am overwelmed with everyone's concern and kindness. My reputation points have skyrocketed.. lol and thank you everyone for your pm's and posts on this thread. Love the "when life throws you a curve you gotta swerve".. lmao
You all are the best bunch of cool folks.
Now lets all smoke a fatty and have good thoughts.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Great thread and sad to see it leaving. Seems like alot of the old school posters and threads are dying off slowly for one reason or another. Sad to see it happening to ICMAG.

nvthis

A short word for the crew @ GK.. It was awsome getting a chance to get back out there to see y'all today. Thank you for the warm welcome, patience, attentive conversation and a look at the new shop. Definitely a class act all the way...

salsaduude

thx GKG !!!
It was great seeing you gals today . no other place can you actually feel the love as you do when you go thru the door at GKG !!! always a great visit

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thanks.. The market is always fun... :) even when certain vendors say they will be here and dont show up. Patients drive from a far distance and it really is disrespectful to promise things and not deliver. Undependability is rampant in this business.

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Hey Rowdy,

Sorry to hear about this. I lurked about in the farmer's market thread before, but I had no idea that the thread was going away until I saw this thread. I'm still planning on making the trip up there to see you guys and I will continue to spread the word amongst the med patients out my way who may not even know that you guys exist.

Maybe this isn't the right place to post this, but I've thought about organizing a bus trip for some local med patients who can't drive themselves due to their health issues. That idea has since fallen by the wayside as I've been too busy with other things, but I would still like to do this one of these days.

I know plenty of people who are stuck in their house and can't drive themselves to the store, let alone a few hours north of here. I'm absolutely sure they would appreciate getting out of the house for a day and coming up for a visit. Maybe one day I'll be able to do something like this with your blessing.

Thank you Rowdy and the GK crew for all your continued hard work and dedication. Rowdy, I know you've had a trying year and the fact that you kept working and helping people is an indication of the kind of person you are. Very inspirational, at least to me.:thank you:

Hemphrey B.

Last edited:

nvthis

Thanks.. The market is always fun... :) even when certain vendors say they will be here and dont show up. Patients drive from a far distance and it really is disrespectful to promise things and not deliver. Undependability is rampant in this business.

No worries! :) That part was but a small inconvenience. Getting an opportunity to reaquaint with the women behind GK, and meeting some of their excellent vendors like Norcal, made for a great trip! It's such a beautiful drive. Next time I will arrange to stay longer and partake of the excellent meds there. lol, ya might have to be medicated to see the Swiss in the "Switzerland of America"!!

Thank you for everything, and the pleasure was all mine! See ya next time..

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Thank you Hemp, Salsa & NV.. You are too kind. GKG is not about me. It is about many and we couldn't do what we do without all of their help. My vendors are spectacularly compassionate people as are many of our members and partners. They keep the compassion flowing so to speak.
Having GKG has kept me on track and carried me through the worst and I am thankful for having it to keep me grounded so its a blessing for me as well as the patients. :)

That popcorn was amazing stuff Salsa! :greenstars:

rives

Inveterate Tinkerer
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, I was very sorry to see this happen. I have enjoyed going through the thread trying to figure out a good time to swing by on my trips up and down I5. I still will, it will just be with a little less information!

T

tokinafaty420

Good luck to you rowdy and GKC. Maybe someone generous enough would pay for a sub forum just for your use. If not theres always plenty of room out there on the internet for a place to keep people informed.

TickleMyBalls

just don't molest my colas..
Veteran
Good luck to you rowdy and GKC. Maybe someone generous enough would pay for a sub forum just for your use. If not theres always plenty of room out there on the internet for a place to keep people informed.

be careful... even suggesting there's other websites on the internet is taking money out of gypsy's pocket... what a crock of shit... like theres really any competition to ICmag. it's like saying ICmag was competition for Overgrow in 2005 when there was only 25k members here and 125k at Overgrow. I hate seeing this community ripped apart by greed.

T

tokinafaty420

The thing is those people who would go to another place on the internet to be informed about GKC probably wouldn't stop coming here. Gypsy wouldn't lose anything really. He wouldn't have to pay for the bandwidth for GKC advertising though.

Our sincerest apologies

Our sincerest apologies

I just wanted to chime in here help straighten some things out. We apologize to those who drove there for nothing. It was not entirely our fault. We had a problem. Maybe you can interpret for yourself what happened. When we feel it's okay to share our adventure that day, we will. In the meantime, please understand that things happen, and it's not always intentional. This time, it was absolutely not intentional. Please have understanding for those who make sacrifices for others, and yet suffer through the worst of hardships themselves.

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
A courtesy call for the patients who are waiting is always good but I agree and things happen. We hope all is well with you and I totally understand.

A courtesy call for the patients who are waiting is always good but I agree and things happen. We hope all is well with you and I totally understand.

We're truly sorry. If it were possible to have called, we would have. We are grateful to everyone who works there, and the patients who travel the long distance. We are not flakes. If you were open today, you would have gotten a call explaining the situation. But we saw you are closed on Sundays. Our post was our first opportunity to attempt to explain. Please forgive us. We truly care. It's not entirely our fault.

Norkali

The GKG thread probably drove more traffic TO gypsy's site than away from it. While I don't doubt that some have been using ICMAG as the front end of their business model, GKG has
only used it as the focal point for a one of a kind community... without GKG, ICMAG will be less than it was.

How many views did it have again? Bet that aspect of it wasn't fully thought out.... :biglaugh:

justalilrowdy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
We're truly sorry. If it were possible to have called, we would have. We are grateful to everyone who works there, and the patients who travel the long distance. We are not flakes. If you were open today, you would have gotten a call explaining the situation. But we saw you are closed on Sundays. Our post was our first opportunity to attempt to explain. Please forgive us. We truly care. It's not entirely our fault.

Its all good and I absolutely know that shit happens beyond our control. I believe you truly care..
peace and good thoughts :ying:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
You can still visit us. we arent closing or anything... lol

thanks again to everyone for their really really kind words. :)
i really am overwelmed with everyone's concern and kindness. My reputation points have skyrocketed.. lol and thank you everyone for your pm's and posts on this thread. Love the "when life throws you a curve you gotta swerve".. lmao
You all are the best bunch of cool folks.
Now lets all smoke a fatty and have good thoughts.

Very happy to hear!!! I'm hoping to make it up there for the harvest cup if it's open to patients like me....

salsaduude

Thank you Hemp, Salsa & NV.. You are too kind. GKG is not about me. It is about many and we couldn't do what we do without all of their help. My vendors are spectacularly compassionate people as are many of our members and partners. They keep the compassion flowing so to speak.
Having GKG has kept me on track and carried me through the worst and I am thankful for having it to keep me grounded so its a blessing for me as well as the patients. :)

That popcorn was amazing stuff Salsa! :greenstars:
you are quite welcome .....
You gals are the icing on the cake :)

Status
Not open for further replies.