What's new

Good places to eat in the Dam

G

wok to walk ,any irish bar/eaterie and the chinese mrhaze knows ,,yum yum(thats not the name of the chinese lol),,

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
booforever said:
Yeah warmoestraat is a pretty safe bet, lol i think "met kip" was the first dutch phrase i ever used...we went to find katsu last time i was over and we walked through the market on the way there and there was this little stall with fresh anchovies for sale, and boy did i wish we'd gone self-catering!! I lived in the Basque country for a while and ye hardly ever see fresh antxoas in Scotland, boy do i miss my healthy eating days. Never been stoned anough to try the febo drawers tbh, but there's a little spanish deli/vinoteca over by haarlemerstraat area where they make tortilla de patata and croquetas and the last time we went they even had membrillo, man i was in munch heaven.
On another note, i dunno if peeps will be heading to haarlem over the 420 period but there's a bar/cafe on the right hand side as you come outta the train station from the 'dam, i seem to remember it's got a green shop front? They do a wicked club sandwich which was pretty reasonable too.

LOL, you must try harder.... ...what exactly were you doing in Amsterdam ? :wink:

I was kinda joking about Febo's, but then not.... I am a happy punter and have bunged well over 20 Euros in a day into them, so am in no position to make jokes about it !

Fast, Cheap, Tasty. Mmmm....

G

ChaosCatalunya said:
LOL, you must try harder.... ...what exactly were you doing in Amsterdam ? :wink:

I was kinda joking about Febo's, but then not.... I am a happy punter and have bunged well over 20 Euros in a day into them, so am in no position to make jokes about it !

Fast, Cheap, Tasty. Mmmm....

febo is perfect for stoners ,,might taste a little plasticky but who cares when u stoned ,,i too have spent many an hour gazing at the drawers with a pocketfull of change ,good times lol

theherbalizor

Veteran
Manakin Piss, LOL.

Febo, hmmm, home of the strange satay croquette.

There is a great chinese on the Damstraat, opposite the old man shop, their mixed chinese roast meats is great.

Didn't know there is a wagamamas, we have one here in Brighton. Great food, just don't like all the 'lets sit on top of each other' idea.

Barneys always gets my lunch custom. Chicken satay, chips salad for 6 euro, bargain, nice bifta to wash it down, what more you want.

mr.haze420

Veteran
favoite fried chicken at the north end of the o.z. voorburgwal, way better than kfc and for 2 euros a chicken or lamb donor kebab at leemans on the van woustraat, very near the greehouse tolstraat. they are very tasty on fresh baked bread.

theherbalizor

Veteran
You have to be proper stoned to enjoy that stuff. Funnily i kinda like it around 10 at night! ROFLMAO

Oh i love those soft chocolate biscuit cakey things with cholate sauce middle that you can buy in the corner shops. I eat tonns of those once the old shops are shut and im in a smokey hole inmy hotel room.

Hey this is something i have never worked out.

Im my local town, doesnt matter what time or day it is you can always go food shopping. It seams that once past 11 pm in A'dam you cant by a dam thing. Not even a pack of cigs once the pubs, clubs and cafes shut.

Is there a big 24 hour supermarket or anything. This is was does my head in on every visit. I love late nite grocery shopping when stoned!

We have ASDA here for that, with all its late night entertainment and wonderment from local chavs beeting on each other, its great!

REZDOG

Veteran
Lessee....Foodism,three doors down from The Grey Area (on the same side) has an all-natural, fresh-daily,kick-ass breakfast and lunch....I eat there at least once a day while I'm in A'Damm.
The Argentinian Steakhouses suck....The American Hotel has a great brunch....and the bakery beside the old SB shop on Singel is awesome....
I eat tons of toasties (grilled cheese) at coffeeshops,you can't go wrong with grilled cheese.
If you like to $pend,try The Three Flies,it's a 5* and is considered one of Holland's best restaurants....

Cheers!

joaquin386

And for a nice quick lunch I wasd with my girlfriend in a Wok chain called "Take a woK" which both of us found really nice. :D

good mexican at tio pepes......

right near coffeshop resin..

also awsome chinese off tram 17 at canton chinese restuarant at rumzricht exit

REZDOG

Veteran
I bought one of those sandwich presses,years ago,after (happily) overdosing on De Dampkring's toasties,and have made 'em at mi casa,in seconds,ever since.

Rickutr

There's a great takeout pizza shop near Grey Area. Adam frequents there he'll tell you where it is. Also the toasties from Amnesia are good if you want somewhere even closer :) For burgers Burger Bar is really good also within a 5 minute walk from Grey Area.

Has anyone mentioned Wok to Walk chain. Hot food, fast service, no frills, good food for the price. Open late. One on Leideseplein is good.
Utrechtstraat is a cornicopia of restaurants... google 'restaurants on Utrechtstraat'...

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
When in AMS, mostly eat ethnic foods. Nothing like a late night falafel...... I agree 'Wok to Wok' is great for quick healthy vegetarian food. A bit salty, but flavourful.

It is pleasant to get food rather quickly, like us Amerikans are used to, but healthy carry-out food is not the easiest to find..

I liked BOJO in the Tourist area, near Leidseplein, but they need more wait help before I will return. The male waiter of the last few years is despondent, and it takes a long time to receive food. In the past, one was inundated by the waiting diners cigarette smoke. Now, one just waits. He once flat out told me that he would take my order in 15 minutes. I was ready to order. Too bad, I loved that place.

One simply must get a Rijstafel dinner, best with at least 2-3 diners. Costly. Not sure which one is best. I tried one, Puri Mas I think was the name, and enjoyed it.

Most Dutch Dinner food is a good idea to avoid. Not so healthy. Breakfasts and Pannekoeken are lovely.

Nice thing about Bojo's is they're open late, and one side sells wine.
But don't be too fooled by the 'special': Curried Chicken has been the special since 2000, at least :)
But it is good.

Latest posts

Latest posts