What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good luck for tomorrow gypsy

Dislexus

the shit spoon
Veteran
if you were a big bank, you'd just pay a fine and not even admit you did anything wrong lol.

A fine that's billions less than the bank profited on the scheme they were fined for! A piece of which is kicked back to the politicians and FBI/State/Justice/etc heads by having them serve on the board of directors and via campaign and "charity" donations! Its sickening!

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
indeed your situation is unique, you are forced to stay in the UK for now, lets hope they understand and let your wife and kids join you in Britain.

a real bitch if you can't travel any where though. if you were a big bank, you'd just pay a fine and not even admit you did anything wrong lol.

Yes...I guess that I do have rather 'Special Circumstances', but still have to fulfill all the requirements of a settlement visa for my wife. As is always the case (if you are not a big bank or an oligarch)....it's all about what funds you can throw down to make whatever happen sadly, and I am far from flush right now.

The good news of the day hazy is that I called some very helpful immigration lawyer called Sarah in Croydon, and managed to formulate some sort of 'Cunning Plan' to possibly make things happen in about 6 months, when the kids finish their current school year in the Philippines. She spent a good half hour on the phone with me chatting about expenses and strategy and didn't charge me a penny. This other berk of a lawyer in Surbiton told me to come in to his office and he would charge me 280 quid for a 'consultation'.

I'll stick with Sarah....and contact her in 6 months to make sure I put the application together properly....once I've got enough for her very reasonable fees, the 1500 quid fees for the visa and the 500 quid medical surety fees, amongst other costly requirements which will all be worth it, if it works out in the end and I get the family reunion out of it all, after all the time I have missed with them.

Glad to hear you will have your family back soon.
You might want to check the wait time on their paperwork processing. You could be processing it now and then get approval in 6 months.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
that is good news....doesn't seem so long a time now after everything...must seem anti-climactic after a Philippine prison to end with a nice bit of british paperwork...

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Yes uncle, time seems to fly as I get older.

Oh the paperwork! You should see what we have to go thru to get it all together. Particularly trying to qualify financially, even though I have still just been able to support my wife/kids remotely thru these 4 years of attrition. The UK immigration still want to see that I'm earning enough to qualify for her visa, and that's the tricky bit.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you've got a great story to tell,not to get all ass-kissy here but this whole new industry here in the states "all started from a seed"...so your story is important for people to hear...

S

sourpuss

missing your family has gotta be the worst feelin especially when they r small. went thru a year of hell. dont ever want to be in that situation again. nothing compared to the bullshit youve been thru gypsy! your story is remarkable and you show true strength! stay strong for us all to know its possible to make it thru hell. still on my way out...

Last edited:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
missing your family has gotta be the worst feelin especially when they r small. went thru a year of hell. dont ever want to be in that situation again. nothing compared to the bullshit youve been thru gypsy! your story is remarkable and you show true strength! stay strong for us all to know its possible to make it thru hell. still on my way out...

Yeah man, loosing my family life for 4 years has been the greatest tragedy thru all this. Not being able to be there for my kids/wife.

When I was first detained in the Philippines in 2013 my daughter was 5 years old and my son 3, now they are 9 and 7, so I have missed raising them/being there for them for 4 years of their young lives, and that I can never ever get back...

On top of that is my loss of liberty for 30 months and the knock-on effect of loosing most all of my work/business interests due to this.

Many of my customers have gone elsewhere due to my situation, which is kinda understandable, and it has affected my health and well-being which I am slowly clawing back.

....and its still not quite over.

If the USA does get an appeal together, I will still have to be on bail until that's finalized and that will go against me trying to get a visa for my wife to come over to the UK, due to the uncertainty of my future. So it could drag on for another year or more in the courts, and that will be another year without my family.

fuzzymuffin

I'm glad to learn you're alright and back in the UK and hope you and your family have been reunited. I live in Maine and, despite medicinal and recreational cannabis having been locally legalized, it's still considered a schedule-1 narcotic by the DEA. Possessing any part of the plant, including seeds, is considered illegal possession of schedule-1 narcotics by the DEA. If you are importing or exporting any part of cannabis, knowingly or not (except with license to do so,) you are considered a trafficker of schedule-1 narcotics and subjected to the due penalties.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
I'm glad to learn you're alright and back in the UK and hope you and your family have been reunited. I live in Maine and, despite medicinal and recreational cannabis having been locally legalized, it's still considered a schedule-1 narcotic by the DEA. Possessing any part of the plant, including seeds, is considered illegal possession of schedule-1 narcotics by the DEA. If you are importing or exporting any part of cannabis, knowingly or not (except with license to do so,) you are considered a trafficker of schedule-1 narcotics and subjected to the due penalties.

Well, since I am British, under British law, and currently in the UK the Judge in my case (back in August) refused to give me up to the feds for extradition due to the fact that cannabis seeds are not an illegal commodity to buy/sell/trade with under UK law, so there is not 'Dual Criminality' between UK laws and US laws on cannabis seeds.

13 weeks since that extradition trial verdict in the UK and I still don't know if the US/feds will be allowed to appeal ....so still I wait, still technically on bail.

I will attempt at getting my wife a settlement visa for the UK next March/April, when my kids finish their current school year in the Philippines. Hopefully that works out and finally we can be reunited next year, after all this time. I am hoping and praying for that to happen.

~star~crash~

Well, since I am British, under British law, and currently in the UK the Judge in my case (back in August) refused to give me up to the feds for extradition due to the fact that cannabis seeds are not an illegal commodity to buy/sell/trade with under UK law, so there is not 'Dual Criminality' between UK laws and US laws on cannabis seeds.

13 weeks since that extradition trial verdict in the UK and I still don't know if the US/feds will be allowed to appeal ....so still I wait, still technically on bail.

I will attempt at getting my wife a settlement visa for the UK next March/April, when my kids finish their current school year in the Philippines. Hopefully that works out and finally we can be reunited next year, after all this time. I am hoping and praying for that to happen.

why do they continue to bust your balls?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
why do they continue to bust your balls?

Really its just getting thru the whole extradition legally, and under British law there is a right to appeal, even if it is the feds appealing against being told 'You can't have him!'

If the situation was reversed and the judge had recommended my extradition, then I would also have the right to appeal.

These things always take a lot of time since the wheels of justice turn so slowly.

Kalachakra

I wish you the best futures for you and your family after so much inequitable black bread.
(Happy which as Ulysses ...)

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
do you have a date when their right of appeal runs out?

Since the feds have applied to appeal already, what we are waiting for is to find out IF this appeal will be allowed. We await the ruling of one Judge on that.

If the feds appeal is allowed then there will be a date set for an oral hearing in the High Court in front of 3 High Court Judges to decide whether or not they will win their appeal.

Of course I am hoping to hear that the feds appeal will not be allowed.

But when?....I still don't know, and all this uncertainty is really bugging me.

Latest posts

Latest posts