What's new

Good excuses for high power bill......

kmk420kali

Freedom Fighter
Veteran
Comments like this suggest you should get out of the game. He would get a fine and you would go to jail, sounds like a real smart plan. Good luck with that Tony Montana.

Tony Montana is a Fictional Character...Sonny Barger is not...that is the difference between a Man and an Actor--
Sometimes you have to stand up for yourself...whether you win or lose--
Sorry... [/Reality]

ghostly

best advice

best advice

Unplug the fridge, AC.

Buy power strips and plug in the TV, Dish or cable box, DVD or Blueray player, and the home entertainment stuff.

Do the same for your computer, monitor, speakers, any modem or router.

At night you'll only have 1 switch to turn off killing the constant drain of electricity.

Unplay the toaster, coffee maker, microwave at night. Anything with a stand by or clock. Power strip them here too.

shower at ur girlfriends, laundry at the mat, bbq...no stove

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

your sinus condition demands you run 2-3 vaporizers (no, not volcano's) and have at least one in sight. the steam vaporizers/humidifiers run @ 600-700 watts.......

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran

your sinus condition demands you run 2-3 vaporizers (no, not volcano's) and have at least one in sight. the steam vaporizers/humidifiers run @ 600-700 watts.......

I like this one... how much do them things go for?

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

$15-20 each, be nothing to have all 3 units hanging around in sight.......
to make him feel better tell him you bought the kind w/automatic shutoff
when it gets to low water level.

EDIT:
And if the landlord is knocking on the door to do an inspection then be prepared
and answer the door wearing a hospital type mask complaining of the flu bro.......

flu-mask_t325.jpg

Last edited:
T

tokinafaty420

Personally I have always weighed my priorities and made substitutions. If I am running 2,000 watts for 12 hours out of the day, well I find somehow to not run 1,000-2,000 watts worth of other stuff in my house at the time. I never had to make up a lie about my bill b/c it never stood out. Now in my opinion a $250 electric bill is nothing to worry about. As long as you are paying it I don't think anyone is going to care. Also it is nice this time of year since you can redirect the warm air from your lamps into the rest of the house. Save on the heating bill.

RetroGrow

Veteran
Personally I have always weighed my priorities and made substitutions. If I am running 2,000 watts for 12 hours out of the day, well I find somehow to not run 1,000-2,000 watts worth of other stuff in my house at the time. I never had to make up a lie about my bill b/c it never stood out. Now in my opinion a $250 electric bill is nothing to worry about. As long as you are paying it I don't think anyone is going to care. Also it is nice this time of year since you can redirect the warm air from your lamps into the rest of the house. Save on the heating bill.

Right. $250 is nothing. Mine is $300 with just 1000 watts and other stuff.

D

DogBoy

Develop Asthma and you can justify running air conditioners at 1-5k watts. You only need them during the day while the weather is warm and dry so you run them 12 hours a day.

Tried and tested method. If he asks too many questions simply get a broken aircon from the dump so he can see ' a unit'.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
the best advice given so far has been an electric dryer for clothes.

you never have to use it, it just sits there, and anyone who sees it will know why you eat the electric you eat just by seeing one of those monsters. no need to make up stories around it either; everyone has to dry their clothes someway somehow.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Christmas lights always seem to triple my bill

Maybe tell him you still have your tree up

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
computer gaming, portable heaters/AC...say you are a TV addict and leave your 1500 watt TV running 24/7...

L

LolaGal

OH I got a good one.

Tell landlord that your bunch of Jehovah's Witnesses meet at the apartment for church services 5 nights a week.

Then every time he comes by, give him Jehovah's Witness pamplets and try to get him to come inside and talk to you about Jehovah witness crap.

This will scare him away for good. He will mail the bill to your house and never come by there again, cause he will be afraid you will talk his ear off about the JWs.

hahahaha Brilliant.

K

kannubis

you are experimenting with a smallscale particle splitter that may or may not vaporize the whole city block if something goes awry

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
you use a heater in the winter and an air conditioner in the summer........

iSmokeTrees

you use a heater in the winter and an air conditioner in the summer........

this is too obvious, duh, no way anyone would believe that

OH I got a good one.

Tell landlord that your bunch of Jehovah's Witnesses meet at the apartment for church services 5 nights a week.

Then every time he comes by, give him Jehovah's Witness pamplets and try to get him to come inside and talk to you about Jehovah witness crap.

This will scare him away for good. He will mail the bill to your house and never come by there again, cause he will be afraid you will talk his ear off about the JWs.

hahahaha Brilliant.

best. idea. ever.

alaskan

All of the stuff mentioned so far can be found at your local dump/recycling station... for free.

Except for the jehovahs witness stuff... he might be one of those guys that likes talking to other people...

Telling him you're doing something isn't going to do anything but make him more suspicious if he can't actually see it for himself.

The computer server thing is probably the easiest to mock up - people throw their old computers away like they're the plague - Just collect a few and pile them around/on top of each other, and you've got a good deception assuming the guy doesn't know anything about computers...

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
Anything computer related can really bring the bill up. That is a solid choice. Then add in the heat use in the winter and a/c in the summer and there goes the bill thru the roof. Maybe you run 2 a/c`s.

Latest posts

Latest posts