What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Good eatin in the Dam

SELFHEMPLOYED

सदस्य
Veteran
Foodism,by The Grey Area,is some of the best,freshest food in Amsterdam,and not pricey at all. When in town I eat there once a day,usually.

Couldn't agree more. Their omelets are unbelievable. Well actually... all of their food is really good. It's funny, they definitely give you a hard time about coming over from the grey area stoned out of your mind, but in a nice way.

I've also eaten at the argentine steakhouse. It was really good as well . Maybe a bit pricey for some but a solid meal.

if you want to smoke and eat go to barnys, a little on the pricy side but you can smoke.
new sensation a wok shop in the redligth super food and real nice prices, had a won ton soup and a peking duck with 2-3 beers and lost 20-25 euros.

mriko

Green Mujaheed
Veteran
Fish ! I quite often opt for fish snacks from these little huts located on a few bridges in the dam. I love being blasted & eating my warm fish bits in the cold weather, so good...

Irie !

H

Hoover_lungz

The massive increase in popularity of Kobe beef in the United States has led to the creation of "Kobe-style" beef, taken from domestically-raised Wagyu crossbred with Angus cattle, in order to meet the demand. Farms in America and Britain have attempted to replicate the Kobe traditions, providing their Wagyu herds with beer and daily massages with warm sake.[10] U.S meat producers claim that any differences between their less expensive "Kobe-style" beef and true Kobe beef are largely cosmetic.[11] The cattle are fed American and/or British grass and grain, which is different from the more expensive Japanese feed.[7] Cuts of American "Kobe-style" beef tend to have darker meat and a bolder flavor.[12]

Hazey are you sure this cow isnt one of your drinking buddies lol

H

Hazyfontazy

The massive increase in popularity of Kobe beef in the United States has led to the creation of "Kobe-style" beef, taken from domestically-raised Wagyu crossbred with Angus cattle, in order to meet the demand. Farms in America and Britain have attempted to replicate the Kobe traditions, providing their Wagyu herds with beer and daily massages with warm sake.[10] U.S meat producers claim that any differences between their less expensive "Kobe-style" beef and true Kobe beef are largely cosmetic.[11] The cattle are fed American and/or British grass and grain, which is different from the more expensive Japanese feed.[7] Cuts of American "Kobe-style" beef tend to have darker meat and a bolder flavor.[12]

Hazey are you sure this cow isnt one of your drinking buddies lol

i doubt they'd keep up when i was prime,,however i'm not drinking now ,so they'd probably stampede me ,,i'd have to smoke em out lol

ICETOKER

Sharing Is Caring!
Veteran
Fish ! I quite often opt for fish snacks from these little huts located on a few bridges in the dam. I love being blasted & eating my warm fish bits in the cold weather, so good...

Irie !

Yes man the Herring stands.... Try the "Dutch" style of sliding a whole herring fillet down your gap...... now thats fast food!!!!

Love it

icetoker

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
yeah... they can keep their stinky haring... easpeically at 8am covered in onions... blewch!

IMO the food in the dam was poor. Of course I am a steak and potatoe guy.

All the beef was gamey tasting, the portions are so small some places I needed 2 meals, even the bottled water was super small..... then attitude of some of the servers sucked to top it all of. Thankfully the dollar was worth 50% more than the guilder at the time.

However the continental breakfast on the other hand was A+++ We stayed at the Golden tulip in damn square both times.