What's new

Good eatin in the Dam

zoidb3rg

I normally eat new york city pizza and waffles, Expensive way to do it but worth it ^^.

Where is this supermarket you talk of? or the one closest to central? i couldn't really find cheap food when i went. Always spent 5e wherever i ate.

McSnappler

Lurk.
Veteran
I

igrohydro

I remember the soup and food in Dirty Nelly's, Irish Bar,lovely food.
Is it still open?
I never bothered to go last time we were there,I used to enjoi the rice from those vendors in the red light,good eating,cant remember what they are called sharomas,something like that.
All the best.

gonzo`

I had terrible food experiences when I was in the dam... Every restaurant we went to was pretty bad unless you want to pay $$$$... I was quite dissapointed. I can't eat stuff from discount super markets either... so hmmm...

best stuff i had was at a pancake house, really nice stuff.

J

JackTheGrower

I've had some great experiences eating here and there.
Maybe I can spot the good ones but I have had Kabob type meals of Chicken and shrimp twice at two different places. Good good good.
I even made a video of a McDonalds where the help spends more time chatting then working! BTW their Big Mac was the best Big Mac I have ever had. Something to say about the Dutch.. Take it easy is the thing.

Also had some brazillan food, half a chicken type and that was really good not to mention I was the only one there at that time of day and the brazillan waitress was especially nice to me! I wish I knew I could stay here.. I would have liked to know her better..

The point is there are really great places to eat and the cost is at or about Stateside IMO.

I'm still in Amsterdam and will be till Sunday so I may have another place or two to add.

Jack

zoidb3rg

Went to Albert Heijn last night, spent around 35 euro for two people and pretty much have meals for all six days. Some stuff is working out cheaper than Tesco at home.. I'm still in shock!

Brilliant isn't it we spent 50E and got a little food and loads of munchies/drinks for 4 people for about 2 days, very good value!

mogster

Wok to walk is a great noodle bar, its all cooked fresh infront of you cost around 5-6 euros a meal great value. Other then that the Greenhouse up by barneys rocked, and the house bongs are some of the best ive smoked big glass stacked with ice, the only bad thing about GH was some of the staff wasnt on the ball. It might of just been the other staff was just so much better, or the younger lad selling the dope was too stoned.

daddy fingaz

Wok to walk is a great noodle bar, its all cooked fresh infront of you cost around 5-6 euros a meal great value.

Wok to Walk is tasty and theres a couple around, it was more 'Wok to stumble' last time i went though!!

Bird Thai in RLD is also tasty!! ....or am i thinking of a thai bird!!!?? lol

REZDOG

Veteran
Foodism,by The Grey Area,is some of the best,freshest food in Amsterdam,and not pricey at all. When in town I eat there once a day,usually.

guineapig

Veteran
I had the best white chocolate mouse back in year 2000......it was in a pretty fancy restaurant that served traditional dutch food, somewhere inbetween the bushdocter on our way to the Greenhouse on a big open square.....served by tuxedoed waiters with multiple courses and it was quite inexpensive because everything was very cheap back in the pre-9/11, pre-euro days......

they had amazing brussel sprouts too.....but not everyone craves brussel sprouts like i do.....

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

FallenBuddha

Chat Mod
Veteran
We found this rest. in summer 2005.
If it´s still there, I wanna taste that warm beer...lol

picture.php

P :smoke:

silly marketing ploy, but a great place to get your eat on. mind you i havent been to the dam in almost 4 years but i would always go once or twice, they had a deal on endless spare ribs for like 15 euro, i once ate 9 racks of ribs there and 3 big heinekens for like like 25 euro.

here are a few of my other fav places by category

chinese: Tibet on lange niezel
thai:snack bar bird nieuwendijk
rijstafel: indrapura rembrandtsplein
steak: cafe de klos kerkstraat, piet de leeuw noorderstraat
vegetarian: coffeeshop paradox
dutch: haes claes spuistraat, de prins prinsengracht
japanese: kobe nieuwezidjes voorburgwal
herring: any herring stand! try the paling also.
bakery: renees damstraat
italian: sette bello on lange leidsestraat, rimini in the nh city center

just a few suggestions.

peace -fb

VirginHarvester

Veteran
Love the Italian restaurants in the Dam. It really is worth noting that a town which produces heavy munchies does have the answer in so many venues.

H

Hazyfontazy

burger bar is killer.....best burger down there

the alley where the burger bar is munchie heaven ,best burgers ,a wok to walk and great doner kebabs all right by each other and then back to kadinsky bar to wash it down with a cold 1 and finish it off with a nice spliff :woohoo:

if u do go the burger bar u must try the "wagu" burger ,probably the finest burger in the world

Wok to Walk, Gary's Bagels.
Utrechtstraat off the Rembrandtplein is a cornicopia of restaurants.

Bojo's off Leidsewaart is open late and serves wine.
Old Pink Floyd has breakfast.

A

alpinestar

forgot the name, but theres an Argentinian restaurant that serves the best steak and pork and whatever other meat you want. apparently they have the beef flown in from Argentina. mmm

Latest posts

Latest posts