What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golf...

Dan42nepa

Just got back from the US Open in Oakmont.. WOW what a place. Unbelievable greens.. Not a straight putt on the course and we saw many putted off the green. I had my g/f get a hat signed during wednesdays practice round while i sat in the stands and drank beer. She got alot of signatures including Vijay. jose maria, Padrich H and about 12 others. Great keepsake with a 2007 oakmont hat with the autographs. The golf today was great,, saw tiger, and most of the players from a good vantage point overlooking 7 green. It was a great time.. but a 5 hour drive home.

dc105

ICMag Donor
Cool!!!! I just got back today too!!!!
We had Sat and Sunday tickets! I watched them come in on 16! Right behind the pin on the par 3 on Sunday! This was the best tournament I have ever seen in person! Jimmy Jimmy Jimmy! I got a ball from Mike Weir after his birdie on the 16th! I was scouting a place to burn one!

tokinsmokin

Dan42nepa said:
Just got back from the US Open in Oakmont.. WOW what a place. Unbelievable greens.. Not a straight putt on the course and we saw many putted off the green. I had my g/f get a hat signed during wednesdays practice round while i sat in the stands and drank beer. She got alot of signatures including Vijay. jose maria, Padrich H and about 12 others. Great keepsake with a 2007 oakmont hat with the autographs. The golf today was great,, saw tiger, and most of the players from a good vantage point overlooking 7 green. It was a great time.. but a 5 hour drive home.

You guys are lucky!!! Thats cool! I'll have to go eventually.

As for me I've just started to play again after an 8 month break from the sport. First round I played I hit the ball really well and didn't keep score because it would have been pretty high. Just not consistent enough on each shot. But let me tell you I came back 2 days later with revenge and unbelievably shot a 74 (+2). I could have easily shot under par as well. I hit almost every green in regulation and almost made an eagle on 18 with hardly any light left. I'm kind of confused how I played so well, because that would have been a very good score without taking any break. Although the course wasn't very difficult.

Its amazing how my mental game has changed since I started playing. I've been learning a lot about Zen, Meditation, and Eastern Philosophy for the past few years. But it is unreal how much more in control of my game I am since incorporating these techniques. Complete bliss is truly amazing.

I'm finally getting back into this sport after a very long break. I started playing College golf and completely lost my drive to play the sport that I loved so much. I didn't know how to have fun with the sport anymore because I was so serious about shooting well. But the tides have turned and I'm back in the swing of things so to speak. Sorry for such a long post, I'm really excited about getting back into this sport again. And I really think I want to make a career out of it.

B

bagseed77

what about that chain smoking argentinian?
you know hes a burner!!!!
i went to the open in Pin3hurst,itll be there again in 2014.

Neuronaut

You guys that got to attend the open are so damn lucky. I've never been to a pga event before. Anyone ever been to the ryder cup? I was thinking about trying to get tickets to it next year. So whats it like at an event? Do you just set at one hole all day or what? Drink a lot of beer?

I'm also thinking about getting a membership to some small inexpensive course next year and try to play as much as humanly possible, maybe take some lessons first. Anybody ever dream of owning a small course, maybe nine holes?

dc105

ICMag Donor
I put in for 8 tickets to next years at Torrey Pines! Maybe some Ic'ers can hook up! The pga events are alot of fun! I've been to 2 regular events, the masters, and the US open! None compared to the US open, atleast not for me live! The masters was cool too, but the pga goes all out with all the grandstands! You get up close to the players! There is a special buzz about the air when your there! 35,000 people! I got some knuckles off of Ernie Else as he went past! Jerry Kelly interats alot with the crowd too! Tiger? He won't even look at anyone! He's almost mechanical in every manner. Even walking up on the Tee's. No emotion very robotic looking when he walks! At his level I guess he can't interact much due to his extreme popularity! There is an incredible mass of patrons following him at all times! You could tell where he was by the blimp following him too! Lots of booths and things to do there too! Beer was 5$ per/cup. Only 2 at a time too and lots and lots of hotties in little shorts and skirts everywhere!!!!! Best Fathers day I've ever had spending tiime with my dad there! Maybe see some of you there next year in Cali!

Dan42nepa

I've been to 5 opens and a PGA championship. I got a form for the ryder cup next year in KY and will consider it. I would love to go even though americans suck as team players. I love the open with its rediculous rough and lightening fast greens. I cant imagine playing 4 days on that with all the pressures of press conferences and stupid questions afterwards. I want to go to beth page black in 2 years. Actually its a public course and would love to play it somehow. I dont care for Tiger. I see how he reacts with the crowds and have heard so many stories about him from people who work and supply services to him. I was impressed with Vijay, michael cambell, padrick and others signing 30 autographs in 90 degree heat after leaving each hole. It goes a long way for fan support. Now i know why people like these guys.

dc105

ICMag Donor
Dan42nepa said:
I've been to 5 opens and a PGA championship. I got a form for the ryder cup next year in KY and will consider it. I would love to go even though americans suck as team players. I love the open with its rediculous rough and lightening fast greens. I cant imagine playing 4 days on that with all the pressures of press conferences and stupid questions afterwards. I want to go to beth page black in 2 years. Actually its a public course and would love to play it somehow. I dont care for Tiger. I see how he reacts with the crowds and have heard so many stories about him from people who work and supply services to him. I was impressed with Vijay, michael cambell, padrick and others signing 30 autographs in 90 degree heat after leaving each hole. It goes a long way for fan support. Now i know why people like these guys.

Right on!!! Where did you get the form for the Ryder Cup?

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
The only time I go golfing is in the fall and thats without any equipment, just a big box for all the liberty caps. :D

B

bagseed77

john are you in usa, i need info on this g course mushie hunting, two birdies :rasta: with one stone(bag hits bowl, the the ball)

G

unless ur in the pacific northwest u prolly won't find any liberty caps on ur course...

Dan42nepa

dc105 said:
Right on!!! Where did you get the form for the Ryder Cup?

somehow i got the form in the mail dont remember signing up... try www.rydercup.com My g/f and I also requested masters practice round tickets.
We both applied but she got an order form and requested 4 tickets.. we will find out if we get them in sept.

G

i feel you on that tng. i baught a brand new driver the new titelist fn thing rocks. got a new cleveland wedge and a nice new scotty cameron putter. and i have yet to play a full round with them.. i have been to the driving range but not an actual round... i hate work..

tokinsmokin

I've been going out on the golf course to practice everyday for at least a few hours. Start off getting a bag of balls and going to the chipping green with them and hitting all kinds of awkward shots with different clubs. Then I head out to the range and hit the majority of my shots with shorter irons. Then go putt after that. Today I went and just putted for 2 hours. Really just working on becoming more consistent and not allowing any errors. Tomorrow I'm going to head out and practice then go play later. Man do I love this sport.

Neuronaut

Any of you guys seen the show "The Science of Golf?" Its pretty interesting. You can watch the first part of the 2 part program on youtube... its divided into 7 clips.

tngreen

Veteran
hey guys! how all the golfers been playin? just got a new putter yesterday, Mizuno Bettinardi, and managed a 36 with it. my white hot was a little bent so a new putter was necessary. later!

Dan42nepa

I'm in the market for a new bag.. one with a cover in case i need to fly. I guess i will try dicks or some local golf shops. I know at some point during the summer there is a huge mark down.

Latest posts

Latest posts