What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golf...

G

i'm getting my set of MP-32s from the pro shop tomorrow, i had them reshafted with flighted 6.0 rifle shafts...i'm really excited to play with them, rifle shafts are sweet!

Dan42nepa

Nugalicious said:
i'm getting my set of MP-32s from the pro shop tomorrow, i had them reshafted with flighted 6.0 rifle shafts...i'm really excited to play with them, rifle shafts are sweet!

Are those steel or graphite? I like steel for my irons and Graphite for my woods. I have true tempers on my irons.

G

mine are steel, technically speaking i think all graphite shafts are 'rifled' since they don't have the little ridges u see on steel shafts...i like dynamic gold s300 steel shafts but the rifle shafts are just sick...

each shaft is adjusted so that the weighting and kickpoint are ideal for each club, and that makes it easier to get the desired ballflight with ur long irons down to ur wedge...regular steel shafts are all the same throughout the set, so if u get really stiff shafts ur PW and 9 are going to be total boards, since all the clubs have the same shaft in different lengths...

i am not aware of any professional men players who use graphite shafts in their irons...maybe on the senior tour...they are just too whippy, they go all over the place and the feel sucks...

i really like the shaft in my driver, i will look at its specs later today...its crazy how straight the ball goes...IMO the shafts u use have as much of an impact on ur play and feel as the clubs on the end of them...my new clubs have square grooves too, they bite a lot better than my old hogans...

what kind of wedges do u guys like? i love my cleveland RTG wedges, i have a 56 and a 60...i had a 64 but don't know what happened to it...the 64 is kind of a ridiculous club like my old 7 degree ISI lol...

i have an ISI 3 wood which i like quite a bit, i got a steel shaft in that (standard stiff from ping) and i think that helps make it go str8r than graphite...with driver though u gotta go graphite unless ur tiger...

tngreen

Veteran
Neuro, like others said, go get your swing speed clocked to see. im thinkin youll need a stiff shaft but it would be good to check it.

Nug, rifled shafts kickass! love those irons too, mizuno makes great blades. mine are custom fitted so the shafts are just right on each club. for wedges, i use cleveland as well. 53* gunmetal and 60* oldschool chrome. ive had that 60* for like 6 years, great club! another older club that has stuck in my bag is a callaway steelhead 3 wood i bought with my own money in 7th grade. was a big deal for me to buy a $200 club at that time. still hit this club incredibly! cant believe the head hasnt gone dead after how much ive used it.

G

tngreen i'm real stoked to play with them this weekend...getting fitted right is definitely key...i will miss the way my hogan apexes feel but the mizunos are just better all around, especially with the new shafts...i can always bust out the hogans for a round now and then anyhow...

i remember those callaway steelheads, my friend had one and that's why i got the ping 3 metal...i don't hit callaway clubs very well but my friend liked his a lot...this guy i know is trying to get me to lose my 2-iron for a rescue club but i really hate the way those things look and it makes me feel like a cheater lol...i'd rather hit an iron than a wood like 9.5 times out of 10 haha...

Last edited:

tngreen

Veteran
oh man! i love those apexs! you have 2 killer blade sets right there! ah boo i would much rather have a 2-iron than a hybrid. hybrids are nice for a lot of people but i love hitting my long irons vs a wood. i usually hit my 3 iron unless i have a shot at hitting the green with a 3 wood. also helps when you can hit a 3 iron 215 though haha.

Neuronaut

I ended up playing a 2ball scramble on 9 holes with my buddy yesterday. I shot a 40 which sucks pretty bad for a 2ball i guess... but get this. I made a 50 ft chip for birdie on a par five. That made my month. Longest chip i've ever sunk by far!

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
Today on Fox T.V they're having a 2 million pot with $50,000 entry fee 36 hole course on Wynn's golf course...today was the 18 hole and the best was just 3 under par,the other 2 players did just 2 under par.Saturday and Sunday is the finals with only 12 players...They had to Qualify someplace else then play the Wynn course in Vegas for 36 holes..

The Wynn course is a $500 green fee with a caddie during normal hours..it's a beautiful course...Should be on T.V fox again Sunday for the winner

I watched the players and seems some didn't have any practice..With a $500 green fee..that would be hard to practice

I added the link to the place...you can read it here

http://theultimategame.com/

Last edited:

tngreen

Veteran
hey guys! was a great weekend for golf here and i got out sat and sun. sunday me and dad played our doubles match play and won! i shot a solid 72 but my dad's handicap is what really helped us. hope everyone else got to go play!

Irishslappop

Ganja struetu?
played the other day. fixed my slice up really nice, got rid of about 80% of it :D. shot a 39 on a 35. played damn good :]

G

wow TN a 72 is pretty tite...way to go...i made 87 but took three 7s and a 6...i also 3-putted a bunch...my friend who is good correctly identified my putter being way too light, i was not aware of swingweights and he said mine was too light and i'm using a heavier one from him next time we play...its an anser 3, i like ping putters...

next time out i'm gonna focus on getting my weight shift better and i think i could shoot 82...also the idiot at the golf store said he had my clubs ready and we went up there and they were all screwed up, he had them at C9 or something, my buddy flipped out lol...they're going to make them D2 or D3 and we'll go back and get them...he had a point about the putter being way to light so i figure he is right about this too...

irish that's a nice 9 there, hopefully i will be down there by the end of the summer...

tngreen

Veteran
thanks Nug! was an enjoyable round for sure! good competition always brings the best out of my game. should put my handicap closer to a 2 :woohoo: ahh i hate 3 putts more than anything! so frustrating.

for your putter, just go get some lead tape and weight it down a little. that should help a bunch. ive had lead tape on my 3 wood for years cause those callaways are way too light! im lookin at gettin a new putter and think i may go with the Mizuno Bettinardi or however you say it. those things are weighted perfectly! so smooth. it is basically a Scotty Cameron for $100 less.

Neuronaut

Do any of you guys use an online Handicapping system? I just signed up at www.golfrecord.com. It will probably take me a million years to get enough rounds in to figure up my handicap since i usually play 2 ball scrambles and rarely play one ball.

I did play a one ball today though. Shot 45 on 9 holes. Damn good for me.

tngreen

Veteran
never used online but i think you only need 20 rounds to get your handicap figured. nice score! very respectable. i dont usually smoke before playing but the other day for the 72 i did smoke a very little bit and it was great! loosened me up and distracted my mind so i wouldnt think too much haha.

G

bogey golf is never too bad! i shot 84 from the tips at a pretty tough course out this way yesterday, i was really happy...i only three putted once which made a big difference...i need to work on my sand play...i should start keeping my handicap as well...i'm going to hit the range this week and play next week and try to shoot 80...i should have the new irons by then too...

dc105

ICMag Donor
tngreen said:
never used online but i think you only need 20 rounds to get your handicap figured. nice score! very respectable. i dont usually smoke before playing but the other day for the 72 i did smoke a very little bit and it was great! loosened me up and distracted my mind so i wouldnt think too much haha.

That would be a cool outing tngreen! I have about an 8 handicap! Ever played this far east? I've played a couple your way! I got my Sasquatch last month along with the 3 wood another Yolkey wedge and new Nike putter! I already had the pro-combos by Nike!

Neuronaut

Have you guys been playing any? I've played 4 out of the last 5 days! I think I'm getting addicted.

I got my new used driver in the mail today. Picked up a Cleveland launcher Comp 9.5 loft with a green Aldila NV-65 stiff flex shaft. I can't wait to take it to the range tomorrow.

Latest posts

Latest posts