What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

'Goldfinger' - Malawi Gold X Flo

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
F--king Frost! LOL

F--king Frost! LOL

So My buddy had to go and chop the GF for me today as she was wilting like old salad from Un-Forecasted frost last nite/this morn and didn't look too happy at all. I went and had a look at the hung branches earlier and theres no bud damage at all so all good.....but a shame she couldn't go any longer as shes a few weeks premature! Half the crystals are clear and half cloudy but they are smallish still. She does however smell delicious like mild DJShort fruitiness but with a nutty base-note. Will let ya know how she smokes....
Heres the last pics of her b4 the frost got her\/

Attachments

• GFvfar2.jpg
    GFvfar2.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 15
  • GF long.jpg
    GF long.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 14
  • GF close1.jpg
    GF close1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 16
  • GF topshot.jpg
    GF topshot.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 14
  • GF triplet.jpg
    GF triplet.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 13
  • GF closer side.jpg
    GF closer side.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 18
  • GF back2.jpg
    GF back2.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 15
  • hermaphrodite
    hermaphrodite
    28.9 KB · Views: 137
  • GF all branches.jpg
    GF all branches.jpg
    161.2 KB · Views: 22
  • female picture
    female picture
    71.3 KB · Views: 26

funkymonkey

That's a right pisser, sorry to hear that.

Your description of a DJ sweetness with a nuttiness chimed with me, I can relate to that from my GF experiences.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
That's a damn shame - that frost was a bitch all right. My friend has a green Flo in his garden and it got a bit shocked too, but seems OK now. Hope it smokes good though, despite the earliness. Should only make it trippier...;)

Londinium

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Better Early than Mouldy an all that! ;)
I am looking forward to blazing her immensely TBH fella's,as I have hardly smoked anything for the last few weeks. I will be able to give her a fair testing with a relatively clear head(which is a rare thing for me lol!). I will resist the temptation to kwik-dry any of her and see if I can procure a wee bit of hash 2moro methinks.... She does smell annoyingly nice though! JBo ;]

Attachments

• GF coseuppness.jpg
    GF coseuppness.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 15
  • GF CLOSEUP BUD.jpg
    GF CLOSEUP BUD.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 19

HorseMouth

This thread, (starting back yrs. ago) is awesome. I love to watch the evolution of what you have going on here!

Just plain awesome

-Peace

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
It reminds me of forest berries mixed with lavender and other aromatic herbs - really pleasant, and tastes as good as it smells!

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Well, they've still got four weeks left, theoretically at least. I would start adding molasses, if you haven't yet - it's a great bulker, and adds flavour and resin too.

funkymonkey

Molasses has hardly any P, the NPK is usually something like 1-0-5, it does add resin and enhance flavour but to add bulk you need P. Even good old superphospate from the garden centre will work, but is a chemical of course. Bat guano or soft rock phosphate are organic P sources but it's a bit late to use either as they take some time to break down and be uptaken by the plant so you're gonna need to hit em with an easily available form of P and K which means inorganic salts.

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Well...pics asap!

The buds are beautiful, plentiful but small. I'm using BioBizz bloom and top max so all bases are covered. I think it's more a light issue...

...the strain should be kicking in now but the sun is soooo low in the sky!!!

All good though :)

funkymonkey

Yeah, not enough light this time of year, sadly. Biobizz isn't good for yield but is good for taste. Do you have any PK booster you could hit them with?

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
funkymonkey - yeah i think i'm gonna try different flowering nutes next run...i like the BioBizz Grow nutes but the flowering ones don't seem to pack much oompf!

What brand would you recommend? I was thinking Canna.

Sadly I have no PK boost...I'm also conscious of a long flush...they're not using up water very quickly now (cold temps) so I'm tentative to pump them full of chems...

:)

funkymonkey

Canna are very good, I'd go for those.

I agree, it's probably too late now to try to fatten them up, without the light input, a big food input won't do em any good.

Shame they aren't gonna be very fat but the quality should be very good.

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
OK...pics at last!

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Looking at these and the last pics I actually think the development hasn't been too bad!

Last edited:

funkymonkey

Actually they look fine, Goldfinger isn't a big yielder and the English sun is crap so they had done well considering. Just hope you can get em to finish before the weather gets really bad. Do you have a heater you can put in the greenhouse? One of the small paraffin heaters will do nicely.

Elevator Man

Mentor
Veteran
Look lovely to me mate - if you can keep the damp away, and get some molasses in there, they'll put on some more yet. Those leaves look nice and green still, so there's plenty of food left in there - I'd just try and get some density added if possible.

Don't listen to him about Goldfinger being a small yielder - these two yielded 4.6 and 4.7 ounces ;)

The Hummus Monk

Veteran
Does Topmax contain Molasses or should I go buy some?

What's the dosage and is it just regular blackstrap molasses from the health shop?