What's new

Golden Tigerx Panama Fem

Texicwaste666

this is where I'm at. What do you guys think, anther two or three weeks before flush?

Attachments

• 20230727_230428.jpg
    20230727_230428.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 68
  • 20230727_230516.jpg
    20230727_230516.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 66
  • 20230727_230532.jpg
    20230727_230532.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 71
  • 20230727_230537.jpg
    20230727_230537.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
  • 20230727_230631.jpg
    20230727_230631.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 65

Texicwaste666

Can anybody here tell me what to look for in the calyxes? I'm in the middle of week 14 after flip and they are still not done with pistols but as in the pics they have small calyxes and a lot of sugar. What i need to know is what to look for to trigger when the flush starts and since I'm in coco how long to flush em. Thanks.

Ras Kali Rasta

Can anybody here tell me what to look for in the calyxes? I'm in the middle of week 14 after flip and they are still not done with pistols but as in the pics they have small calyxes and a lot of sugar. What i need to know is what to look for to trigger when the flush starts and since I'm in coco how long to flush em. Thanks.

Hey mate,
Do you check trichomes with a microscope?
If you know what sort of percentage amber/cloudy/clear you like, the use of a microscope would be helpful.

Some of your plants have mostly brown pistles and the calyces are somewhat swollen (how big they get in this cross is unknown to me - I've had Panama plants with significant variation in calyx size).

If you are not using a microscope I would flush these more advanced plants immediately. After watering for run-off once or twice, try to keep the coco moisture levels even and drier than for high growth periods. Rather than doing water only for a set time period, take note of the time of day that the plants smell the strongest (usually early to mid afternoon or the indoor equivalent). At the slightest hint of the plants being less aromatic than they were the previous day, take them down. Harvest should occur during the time of day when their brix levels are highest, as evidenced by smell.

Some of your plants look like they have a few weeks left in them yet. Keep feeding until the calyces swell.

I suspect that they are flowering longer than you expected because you flipped them a bit young. These long flowering tropicals need a long veg time to mature. My Golden Tiger plants took 6 weeks to start flowering when planted straight to 12/12.

I hope that helps. Hopefully dubi or someone else more qualified than me will chime in as well.

Texicwaste666

Im using a loop to check the trichs. they are all clear and shiny, but I was thinking of flushing a couple of the more advanced ones starting Mon. I will play it by ear I guess, and just give the slower ones just PK and cut all nitrogen. What do you mean by moisture levels even and drier? Are you referring to the ones I keep feeding and flush to run off the rest that are showing the calyxes?

Ras Kali Rasta

Im using a loop to check the trichs. they are all clear and shiny, but I was thinking of flushing a couple of the more advanced ones starting Mon. I will play it by ear I guess, and just give the slower ones just PK and cut all nitrogen. What do you mean by moisture levels even and drier? Are you referring to the ones I keep feeding and flush to run off the rest that are showing the calyxes?

I'm not sure if you are using drippers or hand fertigating/watering. The coco moisture levels I am referring to are for the plants being "flushed." Keeping the coco moisture level even means reducing or eliminating the wet/dry cycle. This means NOT continually watering for run-off - in fact, stopping well short of it. People believe that you need to flush the salts at the end, but there won't be any salts to leech if the plants aren't overfed. The cations from the nutrient solution will have attached to the coco's cation exchange sites. They can stay there. There is no need to leech them away (and the plants will continue taking them up, anyway). The anions will be easily used up by the plants from the increasingly dilute nutrient solution. Brix levels will be higher when the media moisture stays in the optimal zone, which is drier in periods of reduced growth.

With regard to feeding PK only, I will note that dubi generally advocates NOT using PK 13/14 type hydro formulas. I would continue to use the regular coco A and B and just reduce the concentration as the fan leaves fade.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @Texicwaste666

Looks like you are going to get a phenomenal yield from both ;) Such sativa strains can take a bit longer and transition slower to flowering when flowered from seed instead of clones. Anyhow, the grow is very well focused and results are going to be awesome, well done!

It's a bit difficult for me to judge properly from here since your bud pics are not labeled for each plant, and these type of sativa strains can flower a bit irregularly, some parts of the plant ripening faster than others. On your late July post i can appreciate the plant of the left while take longer than the one on the right.

In your latest post with pics there are colas still reflowering heavily with many white pistils (you need to keep feeding this one), and also quite advanced buds (you can start to flush those).

Texicwaste666

Hey folks, out of the five big plants, 3 are ready to flush judging from the comments, and two I keep feeding until ready. I'm wondering what should I flush with? PH'd water or with a little PK, and for how long? I sure appreciate it.

Taima-da

Ideas vary around this, but something like just clean water for a day or two and let them progressively dry out for four or five by decreasing or ceasing watering.

When harvest day comes I sometimes give them a drink of water an hour or two beforehand, mostly out of perversity, but I tell myself it's to bring the juices up in the plant.

An old mate used to hit them with a bucket of ice water each evening at lights out in the last week, leaving a layer of ice on the surface to melt down through the night. He produced some pretty great stuff.

Texicwaste666

I am on the flush now and expect to pull in a week. One plant still has pistols. I might let it go one more week but the trichs are milky so Im just thinking its the sativa regrowth thing. Ill get some pics tonight and post.

Texicwaste666

Well this is t. They come in tomorrow. The colas were as big as my arm . A lot of yellow leaves and a lot I trimmed off before the harvest tomorrow, but I am happy. Thanks Ace Seeds for another great crop. 16 weeks from flip. The smell is fruity but mostly lemony tang. I cant wait to try it. If anybody has any cool drying/curing tips I welcome it to get the best results. Thanks Dubi and all you guys for the help I needed growing these monsters. I managed to keep them all under 2 meters high. One of the colas i had to literally bend in half it was so big. Happy the day.

Attachments

• 20230820_001448 (1).jpg
    20230820_001448 (1).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 47
  • 20230820_001425.jpg
    20230820_001425.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
  • 20230820_001419.jpg
    20230820_001419.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 41
  • 20230820_001405.jpg
    20230820_001405.jpg