What's new

golden tiger

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
:good: Real nice harvest there ThaiBliss, thanks for sharing them with us all :gday:
:smoke out:

ThaiBliss

Veteran
Real nice harvest there ThaiBliss, thanks for sharing them with us all

Thanks for the rep. b00m. Nothing like rep from someone with over 9,000 posts!
:biggrin:

Love Billy Blog's smoke report. I'm hoping I get something similar. Thanks for the link Rinse.

This strain is no slouch in the production department. Here is what the terminal bud looked like at 6 weeks in my cabinet. I had to bend it over so it would fit, but it's not too stretchy. I only had to bend one other branch.

ThaiBliss

Veteran
One More Post Today

One More Post Today

I havested the rest of the Golden Tiger today at 2 days short of 14 weeks. This plant changes rapidly at the very end. Last week I could not find any amber resins, and now I'm seeing patches that are dominated by ambering.

Here are some photos. They are on a 5 gallon bucket lid for scale:

This one shows a patch of bud real estate that is starting to look over-ripe to me:

I had two plants in a square meter cabinet. There were two 400w lights, one was HPS and the other was MH. Very low levels of nutrients were used. The Golden Tiger shared this with a Bangi Haze, with the Bangi looking like it was the better producer. I'm venturing a guess of 6 to 8 ounces overall.

:biggrin:

Now I have to wait 3 or 4 weeks before sampling.

Wishing for good weather for ya'll down under.

ThaiBliss

Nice work people. I am left with 4 females and 2 males after culling runts . These plants are truly amazing such vigour and hardness. They are about 3 weeks in at the moment been through hell and more. Will get some pics up very soon. Cheers all and hope you all enjoy your harvests.

Last edited:

rod58

hey , love the thread and i know its an oldie but just got my ace golden tiger seeds for this year and would like to hear a bit more about it ..it gets extremely hot at times here , up to 47-48 dg most summers so am hoping they cope with that ...how doe's this stuff smoke , is it what's claimed ...i've also got , with the same order , some malawi beans which is the other half of GT ..has anyone in oz had experience with them ? like to hear about it ..cheers ..:tiphat:

Been hiding out a while. lol. The GT are truly huge plants when given the space and sunlight. Heads as long as my good leg are common. The high is full on sativa smile. Some days I smoke it and feel like like I'm on speed. Truly uplifting.the only thing I don't like about the GT is the smell. So I crossed it with my favourite strain the KK. Results have been mixed but impressive.

rod58

yeah thanks bushranger , really looking forward to spring so i can get these in the ground and to get to try them ..i've been smoking some pretty mediocre stuff for a few years , or i'm just getting used to my stuff ..either way , bring on autumn next year ...

Holeshot

Golden Tiger

Golden Tiger

F$cking Awsome plants. So vigorous and strong . I have some reg seeds to pop soon . And a fem GT amongst my Unknown ACE strains. The hard part is letting it cure long enough without smoking it.