What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger and Malawi vertical grow

U

unthing

lol dick tools..

great looking malawi, hoping to see the thai gts soon

SuperConductor

Veteran
Garden's lookin awesome mate, very impressed!

Gis a shout if you need any vert advice in future, it looks a lot more complicated than it is. Something i've found out is to avoid flowering sativa seedplants in vert as it's more difficult to control the stretch. With clones though it's much easier to keep them in check.

Hoots

POWER CUT

Hurricane Bawbag did its worst:badday:

Lights had only been on for 45 mins when the power went.

No fans no heat no light for 44 hrs.

Temps were down to 7c and humidity at 90%, cold and frosty outside.

Just came on a wee bit ago, the plants seem fine!

Very damp but that should dry off and no stretch either(to cold for anything but deep sleep?)

In fact the red panama that is almost done has a froth of resin on her that wasn't there before.

I'm away for a better look but these are hardy plants.

Guess the next few days will be interesting.

Hopefully it will be all :good:

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your first harvested plants Hoots :tiphat:
This is going to be a very successful grow! Thanks for your kind of words, it's a pleasure for us to see growers happy like you and enjoying with their ace plants and flowers.

Malawi and Golden Tiger matured flowers are very resinous, their ovaries at the end of flowering are huge and full of resin. And you are right, some red panamas can be very resinous too, producing a layer of resin even on the big leaf, like a very resinous indica but it's a sativa.

Im excited about your updates on the next weeks! ;) Best wishes!

Lean Green

Operating Outside the Law
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Cheers Lean Green:tiphat:

Treated myself to the scissors at the end of the last grow, Sishu Nigiri they're called and you can get them here, Japanese hand forged scissors . German company, used to be called Dick tools, I wonder why they changed there name.

I just love hand forged tools that can take a good edge, and if you need a 500euro hammer they have that to!
Thank you for the info, I'm getting a pair. As for the hammer, I swing a Titanium Stiletto that runs about $220. Best hammer I've ever owned...:tiphat:

F

Fluffy Clouds

great job Hoots:good: i smoke it 2 hours ago and i am sure you will be satisfied :D i fully understand why seasoned smokers should never smoke golden tiger:yoinks: no joke:bongsmi:

Cool Moe

Veteran
i'm in full agreement, been smoking it since thursday and the potency of golden tiger far surpasses any herbs i've had in a long long time. my wife did only one decent size pinch hit her first tiger and 5 minutes later stated very simply--"i am way too stoned."

billyblog

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I concur with your results...Golden Tiger is one hell of a headbanger....and I can hardly wait till this season's f2's come in!

Aye, things are looking mighty fine in your garden there. Also good to here that ol' bawbag never felled your hard work thus far.

You've chosen some rather fine vars to grow, I'm jealous, hehe. I've got some Bangi burning a hole in my seed drawer, but as I'm no longer able to have a grow I'll just have to enjoy your fine efforts.

I'll be interested to hear a smoke report on these.

Keep up the good work

Hoots

Congrats on your first harvested plants Hoots :tiphat:
This is going to be a very successful grow! Thanks for your kind of words, it's a pleasure for us to see growers happy like you and enjoying with their ace plants and flowers.

Malawi and Golden Tiger matured flowers are very resinous, their ovaries at the end of flowering are huge and full of resin. And you are right, some red panamas can be very resinous too, producing a layer of resin even on the big leaf, like a very resinous indica but it's a sativa.

Im excited about your updates on the next weeks! ;) Best wishes!

I am a happy man indeed Dubi:)

None of the plants seem to have suffered from the power cut, and they just seem as happy as I am!

Really exciting now the others are getting closer to finishing, the yield from the first Malawi was FAR more than I had expected and having had a wee smoke test or two I can say WOW!

I have noticed that a lot of american growers like to compare smokes to sativas they smoked in the there young days at the school. Well I am pleased to say the malawi is nothing like what I smoked in my school days!

I enjoyed my psychedelics as a younger man and seem to have a quite high operating tolerance. I think I get as high as everyone else but am happier to act in other states of mind. I was curious how the malawi would act on me and how paralysing the effect might be. I like to move, even if I am sitting still!

Had a hellish day at work. Temps just around freezing, no wind but damp heavy air.Hard physical work that created a big sweat followed be periods of inactivity riding on the back of a trailer, sweat freezing on you followed by more hard work, sweat, time on trailer for the whole day. hadn't had much sleep for a few weeks and it all caught up that day.

By the time I got home my muscles were sore and knotted, no energy left. I have odds and ends of outdoor and some sativa/indica buds around, all nice smokes. None did the trick all I needed was alot of sleep and a massage from a bevy of Thai lassies( and that wasn't likely). On way to have a shower before bed I noticed that a few wee buds from the malawi placed near the burner had dried. In the shower I thought that now was as good a time as any to try her. If she could shift my mood now then she was a winner!

Smoked a pipe with herself followed by a joint. My body was tense and twisted from work, my head empty of anything, just dead.

First thing I noticed was how smooth the smoke was, like smoking pure hash, expanding in the lungs and seeping into every pore.

There doesn’t seem to be any plant material in the bud, just resin! Skinning up is hard as it turns to black hash in the fingers when you try to crumble it in the joint. Amazing.

As I sit starting to smoke the joint the effects of the pipe begin. I like to play in the sea and this is how I find the malawis moods. As I sat a slow deep wave moved over my whole body, not rising up or flowing down but over me all at once. And like a wave washing over a beach it lifted the flotsam away. My muscles unknotted, the tension left and the energy poured in. It was like sitting underwater but so easy to breath. As I had no thoughts in my head before smoking, when my face smiled I knew it was not a thought that I found funny but that my body was happy. I turned to herself and smiled at her, the same smile came back. Purrrfect:)

I could write for along time, like the sea the malawi flows and moves like the tide. Once she has cured I will do a full smoke report on her, she really is lovely:jump:

Thank you for the info, I'm getting a pair. As for the hammer, I swing a Titanium Stiletto that runs about $220. Best hammer I've ever owned...:tiphat:
Hope you enjoy them Lean Green, but $220 for a hammer- crazy(but for an axe, well that's another thing!:))

great job Hoots:good: i smoke it 2 hours ago and i am sure you will be satisfied :D i fully understand why seasoned smokers should never smoke golden tiger:yoinks: no joke:bongsmi:

i'm in full agreement, been smoking it since thursday and the potency of golden tiger far surpasses any herbs i've had in a long long time. my wife did only one decent size pinch hit her first tiger and 5 minutes later stated very simply--"i am way too stoned."

I concur with your results...Golden Tiger is one hell of a headbanger....and I can hardly wait till this season's f2's come in!

A symphony of Golden tiger smokers:tiphat:. Your just teasing me cause you know it was the malawi I harvested and am still waiting for the GT's to finish! Not long for one though:)

Aye, things are looking mighty fine in your garden there. Also good to here that ol' bawbag never felled your hard work thus far.

You've chosen some rather fine vars to grow, I'm jealous, hehe. I've got some Bangi burning a hole in my seed drawer, but as I'm no longer able to have a grow I'll just have to enjoy your fine efforts.

I'll be interested to hear a smoke report on these.

Keep up the good work

Cheers there, hope you get to grow again soon.

Panama red harvested the other night, photos next.

Hoots

So one of the Panama was harvested a day ago.

The two panamas were grown differently to the rest and had 3 weeks veg under t5's at 24hrs( room isn't light proof enough for 18/6) before being put into flowering room at 12/12.

The panama red flowered for 13 weeks, half under 250w and the other half under 400w. If she had been grown like the malawis and GT's then she would have been huge. Not much smell from her which is good as it saves me trying to describe it!

Here she is,
picture.php

picture.php

Biggest calyxs of all the plants I have and thick pistils with loads of resin:)
picture.php

And some more......

Hoots

Last few pistils,
picture.php

Really pleased to see most of my pollinating has produced seeds.

The panama was pollinated by a thai pheno GT and also by a Lowryder#2 for outside,
picture.php

YUM:jump:
picture.php

VERY HEAVY!!!!!
picture.php

Green panama has a while to go yet,
picture.php

Hopefully harvest first Golden tiger and second Malawi this week, photos of GT's soon,

Have a good one , cause I am,

:wave:

mayan

Atavist
Veteran
Great pics and GREAT Malawi write up. Well done, Hoots!! And beautiful plants in each of the strains. Makes me want to think about popping some of the Malawi seeds that I have.

T

turdcat

I've always been interested in Malawi, and fiddled around with Dr Greenthumbs Malawi in 2004 I think. I was impatient and picked it early until my little garden was bare. I made some F2s, but have yet to try them. I lost a lot of stuff back then, messing around, thinking that the supply never ends.

I'm wondering about Ace's Malawi and how it compares to Greenthumb's version if anyone's tried Dr Greenthumbs.

Keep in mind that I never let it fully mature, but here's my experience.
The high was a very unique clarity that had no paranoia too it at all, unlike many sativas picked early. The best way I can think of to describe the high is like this. Imagine that you've got some really good sleep, you've ate healthy food, and then had a nice workout, not while high. That great clarity and peace that a workout gives a person is what Malawi was like for me. The workout high. Not stoned or tripped out or sketchy, just really healthy and clear. If that's how it felt early, I'd love to try it done right. It's on my list of things to do, for sure.

Hoots wrote
As I sit starting to smoke the joint the effects of the pipe begin. I like to play in the sea and this is how I find the malawis moods. As I sat a slow deep wave moved over my whole body, not rising up or flowing down but over me all at once. And like a wave washing over a beach it lifted the flotsam away. My muscles unknotted, the tension left and the energy poured in. It was like sitting underwater but so easy to breath. As I had no thoughts in my head before smoking, when my face smiled I knew it was not a thought that I found funny but that my body was happy. I turned to herself and smiled at her, the same smile came back. Purrrfect
Pretty poetic, but this might be another way of describing the Malawi high I had, perhaps. Not sure though. I just felt normal and good. If I didn't know I smoked anything, I wouldn't really say I was high.

Ur Humbl Nr8tor

Veteran
Beautiful work Hoots. You've got those sat's dialed in. Of course, Ace genetics help, but you've mastered them like a pro.

Hoots

Great pics and GREAT Malawi write up. Well done, Hoots!! And beautiful plants in each of the strains. Makes me want to think about popping some of the Malawi seeds that I have.

Cheers mayan,

Loved growing the Malawis, impressed me all the way:)

Panama x GT.. damn that sounds like an amazing sativa man :tiphat:

Hi g0vnaa,

Also pollinated both malawis with Panama males so lots of possibility!

Those pics are very nice.)

Keep it coming pleas.

Nice one newhouse, glad your still watching:)

that panama looks awesome!
Ace's gear looks so promising.

Aye, I find myself with the dilemma of having made lots of lovely seeds and also wanting to grow out more of ACE's other genetics, from what I have seen you can't go wrong.

I've always been interested in Malawi, and fiddled around with Dr Greenthumbs Malawi in 2004 I think. I was impatient and picked it early until my little garden was bare. I made some F2s, but have yet to try them. I lost a lot of stuff back then, messing around, thinking that the supply never ends.

I'm wondering about Ace's Malawi and how it compares to Greenthumb's version if anyone's tried Dr Greenthumbs.

Keep in mind that I never let it fully mature, but here's my experience.
The high was a very unique clarity that had no paranoia too it at all, unlike many sativas picked early. The best way I can think of to describe the high is like this. Imagine that you've got some really good sleep, you've ate healthy food, and then had a nice workout, not while high. That great clarity and peace that a workout gives a person is what Malawi was like for me. The workout high. Not stoned or tripped out or sketchy, just really healthy and clear. If that's how it felt early, I'd love to try it done right. It's on my list of things to do, for sure.

Hoots wrote

Pretty poetic, but this might be another way of describing the Malawi high I had, perhaps. Not sure though. I just felt normal and good. If I didn't know I smoked anything, I wouldn't really say I was high.

How's it going Cocktail Frank,

In my last grow I grew a Himalayan landrace from Garwhali, heres the picture again,
picture.php

She was a very wild pheno and her 'high' was almost pure CBD.

I also grew along side her some Mandala#1 and some 8mile high. The garwhali junglis effect was not quite to my taste but as I described at the time,

'The high is so different to the mandalas/8miles. They seem to create a buzz and static that feels like a normal part of the high, a bowlfull of jungli after smoking the others and the buzz and static vanish and clear still silence replaces it.'

Some friends who tended to suffer from paranoia while smoking just loved it, it seemed to remove all body tension and fears.

I saw a post by Dubi where he described how the Malawi mother had been tested at some Ganja fair(I don't think we have them in Scotland:)) and she had been found to be laden with high levels of THC,CBD and THCV.

One of the friends who had enjoyed the jungli had a wee try of some of the quick dried Malawi. He is not a young man and has had his share of good smokes but recent times have left him depressed and panicky(Ha I'm sure he won't mind me typing that!). He was nervous about trying the malawi but took a good bowlfull anyway.

He said later he found the smoke very powerfull but calm and that 'he felt himself walk past the door marked paranoia, but this time it was up to him if he went in'.

I would say that the effect is so encompassing that there is no split between body and mind.

Hopefully have a better idea of her moods after some curing and a comparison with the second malawi.

Wow, nice looking plants Hoots!!!

Cheers Inquest:wave:

Beautiful work Hoots. You've got those sat's dialed in. Of course, Ace genetics help, but you've mastered them like a pro.

High praise indeed!

And I shall return it all to ACE for having made such seeds available
:thank you:

Been a busy few days so............more harvest photos!