What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Golden Tiger and Malawi vertical grow

Stoxx

Ridiculously great first grow Hoots.

Would you characterize the Ace Malawi as psychedelic? Anyone with experience on the Black Viet/Thai Orient Exp or Golden Tig comment on the smoke?

He's looking for NL#5 type, or Durban or highland fruity/lemony Thai type psychedelic smokes characteristic of THCV.

jenery

Thank you for this great experience with pure landrace sativas, hope some of those crosses will work for you up there in the Highlands...

T

TOKA

this is one of the best documented journals ive come across. great job with your grow, you have the patience of a true connoisseur. cant wait to get my hands on some a couple packs of GT, gona hunt for the early flowering pheno for cross breeding.

RandyCalifornia

Well endowed member
Veteran
Very nice grow Hoots! I really enjoyed your smoke reports.
Dubi was the Meao Thai the Thai you used in this cross? Very nice cross by the way one day soon I would like to try some of these.
I grew some Angola x Thai Charlie gave me and was wondering if I should be looking for similar pheno's to what Hoots had on the Thai side.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi RandyCalifornia,

Angolese x Thai was a very limited freebie release we gift for a brief time around 2008. ACE Seeds has not released any angolese genetics since that time. It was the same meo thai father from Cannabiogen , also used in our other thai hybrids.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Yes, it was a great thread! It's a pitty Hoots is no longer active in the forums.
Hope you are doing well! :yes:

BrokenStem

Just beautiful too watch this.thx.

Just beautiful too watch this.thx.

:blowbubbles:
Think this is about 6 weeks since 12/12 with 7 weeks veg starting at 14hrs working down.

What all gentleman dream off, a room full of hot, sticky, exotic females drenched in fragrant oils,
View Image

Everything seems to be coming on fine. So many flowers at diffrent stages of flowering means I can lose hours in the room just simply looking and smelling.

Unfortunately for giving reports my sense of smell doesn’t seem to work like others and it is rarely that I can recognize and break down a smell to it's different parts. It amazes me the ability people have to name smells like this.

For me a good smell takes me, even if for a moment, into the dreaming. The more images a smell brings to me the better- and all these plants do that!

Saying that however, the older Malawi when brushed smells of worked leather and really old fashioned pipe tobacco. Reminds me of times when I was a wee boy visiting my Grandpa. I much prefer the more 'savoury' smells to some of the overly fruity, bairns sweetie aroma that I smell in lots of dutch strains.

Malawi and GT5,
View Image

The older Malawi is producing tall buds and are filling in nicely,
View Image

While the younger malawi is making more compact buds and is ahead in her resin,
View Image

The last week or so has had the older malawi yellowing and dropping fan leaves, the older GT has started this too has as the younger Malawi.

Is this usual at this stage or is this a sign they need more feeding?
View Image

Golden tigers are all doing well, not all are getting the best light but I have mothers from all of them so they can be run again once a wee smoke test has been had at the end.

GT5, by far the fastest,
View Image

Out of the 5 golden tigers I have, three I would say are similar to the malawis in alot of ways.

The other two are slightly different and I wonder if this means they may be on the thai side of things,
View Image

The leaves seem reminiscent of the mekong that is just starting to flower,
View Image

The Panamas are at about 5 weeks in 12/12 and I was very pleased to see just a hint of red the other day,
View Image

The other panama is slower to flower and has much thinner leaves, it would be nice if this was the green pheno so I could compare the two.

Good resin on the panama too,
View Image

Hopefully pollinate things this week.

Panama males stared dropping pollen outside as did one of the GT males. The other two GT males are starting to go into flowering outside but I have cuttings of them inside just starting to drop pollen.

Now that snow and frost have arrived they are in a knocked up flowering room just to bring them on enough as I noticed that they will make and open flowers in the cold but seem to hold on to the pollen so hopefully the heat and lights will encourage them to starting letting it go!

The old drafty greenhouse only gets an hour or two of sun now and day and night temps this last week have struggled around 4-5C at best.

Various cuttings that aren't needed are sat in the greenhouse and the frost has damaged leaves on most of them, especially the mekong but a little cutting of GT1 has kept growing and even produced pistils- hardy bugger she is,
View Image

Two of the male GT outside have some slight PM on there leaves( I am not keeping them much longer so is no problem) but the slowest flowering male is free from it, so although I will use all three males pollen as I am not sure of there other qualities, it is nice to think that the PM free male will bring that to the mix.

Ach well, till yon time,

:wave: