What's new

GOLD PROSPECTING

NOKUY

Veteran
I'd shoot myself if I had to listen to that old fucks voice all day long, I watched about 10 minutes each of the first 3 episodes before I realized I was watching some sort of hand job for gold dreamers.......

expect exactly more of the same bs from season 2 because if they started by mining BIG the suspense would be over, I for one will not be sitting glued to the screen waiting for the 'glory hole' to produce shit while having to listen to men whining like bitches as they run substandard equipment into the ground.

but hey!!! being a realist that's just my .02

lmfao bro :wave:

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It looked like they didn't do any winterizing of their equipment, just jumped in the rigs and headed out. Obviously the claim owner was down for a second season or they wouldn't have left the heavy eq.

They may have been crying poor mouth, but they had to have been paid by the production company, possibly with a fat advance for next season, so I doubt anybody went home broke. Look at the series American Chopper- Paul Sr. built that huge new facilty- no way that came from selling a few gawdy "custom" bikes.

Prolly the first 3 episodes of Season 2 will be repairing all the shit they left out in the weather.

I

Iron_Lion

I cant believe those jackasses went home empty handed. All year they wasted digging that hole now its gonna be filled in with mud and water, they'll have to dig it all out again. Also watching these morons almost kill each other in every episode I wonder where OSHA is to write them a huge fine for endangering lives with poor construction practices, or the EPA for destroying the land. I am really surprised nobody died, I wonder if that will be written in to the script for next season :biglaugh:

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
It looked like they didn't do any winterizing of their equipment, just jumped in the rigs and headed out.

Keep in mind it is not a documentary but a TV series (drama).

Some things in there were created/staged to make it more interesting for the average viewer.

Not winterizing their equipment could be one of those things staged.
So when they return Disco Channel can stage an hour of yelling and blaming and fixing equipment.
;)

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
........ I wonder where OSHA is to write them a huge fine for endangering lives with poor construction practices, or the EPA for destroying the land. I am really surprised nobody died, I wonder if that will be written in to the script for next season :biglaugh:

Once you have worked in Alaska...you will understand why certain rules from the Mainland do not apply there.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Mainland?

When did Alaska become an island?

You would understand why it's called like that in AK...once you have spent time there.
And I don't mean as a tourist.

Edit: Here is a more official explanation for you, from Wiki:

The term "United States mainland" means the continental United States (not including Alaska).

Last edited:

igrowone

Veteran
this was a staged deal to some extent, not sure how much money these guys got as 'actors'
probably not that much, these reality shows don't pay much(as i understand it)
they did seem to work hard, i'll give them that
i think their clumsiness was genuine, they didn't know how to mine, that was 'real'

They don't pay much at first but by season 3 they do. You can tell it on deadliest catch when they started getting paid b/c they all started spending more.

NOKUY

Veteran
They don't pay much at first but by season 3 they do. You can tell it on deadliest catch when they started getting paid b/c they all started spending more.

i guarantee that the paycheck they get from discovery aint shit..........and they'd wipe their ass w/ it to keep fishing.

fishermen do what they do regardless...they were suckin in cold saltwater for air before they showed it on discovery...

...and will be long after

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
I'd shoot myself if I had to listen to that old fucks voice all day long...

Amen a guy like that should not be given a TV show, if just because of the unholy voice.

I stopped watching it near the end of the season. They fight and bitch and pray to god for gold all while wallowing in their own ignorance.

Wish they would just send camera crews to established operations and do a deadliest catch type thing. They would never pick a bunch of people who had no surf casting experience and make a show about them wanting to become commercial fishermen, why would they think this would be good.

B/c the USA needs shows like this to remind us of who we once were. Hard working, optimistic, get it done attitude. Watch Thomas Friedman's segment in the second part of "The Chinese are Coming". You can find it in downloaded locations but I'm not sure about youtube. Can only find part 1 on there.

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran

Disco Channel doesn't pay anything directly to any Deadliest Catch crew.
All they do is contribute to the boats operating expenses which in return lowers the cut the crew has to take from the percentage they make.

Tripsick

Experienced?
Veteran
So Freds coming back with his own crew to mine the same spot.. and these guys are chasing ghost even farther in with less time. I cant imagine anyone would invest with these guys.

the train wreck continues

NOKUY

Veteran
So Freds coming back with his own crew to mine the same spot.. and these guys are chasing ghost even farther in with less time. I cant imagine anyone would invest with these guys.

the train wreck continues

hell yeah the 'train wreck' continues....

something is up tho....and i have a theory:

....thom beers (producer of deadliest catch) has a new gold mining program in the works, but he wont elaborate on it.

well im assuming right now that he bought the production rights to this program, and moving them w/ his money to the yukon (klondike).....w/ new/better equipment.....ya dig?

....no one has said that yet, but i'm putting 2 and 2 together.

klondike area has been dug up alot, but im sure w/ their gear they would find some gold there.

....another thought tho.........yukon territory is canadian.......how hard would it be for these ( U.S. clowns) to get all their permits to tear up canada and take canadian gold home to oregon???

i see more drama...lol :tiphat:

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Look for some shows with real miners!

Look for some shows with real miners!

I know of a couple of shows in the works, but not those guys.

There are some miners I know who have bought a working mine up in Alaska and are going up to work it in the spring. The equipment looks like this other show, but it is a producing mine. I know they are hooked up with media types. We'll see.

Another is a Ocean Gold Dredging Show up in Nome. They are currently working on it. :artist:

So keep your eyes peeled for 2 NEW shows, not with retread newbies. :dance013:

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
....another thought tho.........yukon territory is canadian.......how hard would it be for these ( U.S. clowns) to get all their permits to tear up canada and take canadian gold home to oregon???

i see more drama...lol :tiphat:

Barrick does it to everyone else. They have 8 huge mines here.

B

BottleKids

i been watching that alaska gold rush show, seems like they could've condensed the entire last 10 episodes or w/e into one 1hr special.. alot of bullshit, i bet you could compile a 10 minute video of just the word "bed rock" being repeated over and over and over.

its mediocre show.

as far as gold, i wish we had some here. :eek:

Strainhunter

Tropical Outcast
Veteran
Y'all quit talkin' 'n start haulin' nuggets!

Right HERE!

One of my favorite games.

PS: Don't complain later I got you HOOKED on this game.