What's new

Going to California Tomorrow (need advise)

dkmonk

Well been here a couple of days and still have 100 bucks, been smoking some Jack Herer they bought and some from his plant. Probably driving up to SF today, and staying at one of my buddies friends house.

Your going to have to spange for change, fly a sign or do something like a day job if you can find one.....that is rough, that means only 10 to 20 bucks a day and a train fare at that....don't go out drinking!

trouble

Veteran
I am flying into San Diego tomorrow

My problem is I am only going to have 100 -200 bucks at the most to last me 10 days

What do you suggest

I suggest you stay home, save some money, and makes plans to go when you have a little more.

Being broke has the same horrible feeling regardless of ones geographic location. Being broke sucks just as bad in Buffalo as it does in Palm Beach.

Taking a couple hundred dollars to San Diego for 10 days, is like changing cabins on the Titanic, your still going down with the ship!

:window::xmastree:

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
mmmmm in-n-out

20060125050438458_21.jpg

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!

Unsane

Since you are on a tight budget, these resources should be immensely helpful:

http://www.foodnotbombs.net/california.html
(free food)

http://geo.craigslist.org/iso/us/ca
(rideshares, couchsurfing, etc.)

In my opinion, I wouldn't go up to Humboldt if I had 10 days and had to start in SD. The Emerald Triangle is not only very far and out of the way, but there is not much to do if you don't already know people who live there.

Regardless of where you end up, you will have a blast and be able to experience a wide range of cannabis strains.

Sam the Caveman

Good'n Greasy
Veteran
I enjoy traveling cheaply, it makes the scenery so much better knowing how little your spending.

I'm not one for glamor and pampering, so state/national parks with shower access do me just fine, most of my traveling is to national parks anyways. I've gotten my mom hooked on camping while traveling now, she likes to be pampered but she is such a cheapscate she hates paying hotel bills.

On food costs, your going to have to eat where ever you are, so just eat as if you were at home, go to the grocery store, pb&j, chicken soup, oatmeal, fruit, cliff bars, a can of chicken, whatever, the cheap healthy stuff is what I like. I hate traveling with folks who think every time you get hungry its time to find a good restaurant, its wasted time and money to me. I don't buy plane tickets to sit in restaurants across the country, I can do that at home.

what I'm getting at, you don't have to spend lots of money to enjoy traveling, just plan around you budget.

funkervogt

donut engineer
Veteran
Wondering how it's going, how it went?

There is still space for hippies with no money, though it's usually on the street. The most interesting adventures are made out of more constraints than less :)