What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Goats' Grows

starke

What are those green plates for? I assume they help evenly distribute the water. What are they called?

Goats

hope everyone has a relaxing 420.

i'll be BBQing with a bunch of friends for a buddy's birthday.

U

useless.gardens

ha. i didnt know you had a thread. id dont get out much. lol. subbed+

Goats

garden is plugging along. i'll be flipping to flower within the next week or so i think. gonna take cuttings of everything and send some around to friends.

pics next time i'm there.

pressed out a small amount of rosin the other day. did some tangie, memberberry and hindu.

they all turned out great. the tangie smells and tastes like sunny d. the memberberry starts as a sharp red wine and then turns to a grape candy or sour key flavor.

had to leave the hindu out overnight after the pic was taken because it was a bit runny. it looked like the other two a day later.

one of last night's joints - memberberry
picture.php

picture.php

Goats

flipped the lights today, so the plants will get their first 12 hour night tonight.

took a bunch of cuttings from all 3 strains a couple of days ago and also lollipopped them all and thinned them out.

here is a gg4 right before she got some work done on her.

picture.php

sturgeongeneral

Veteran
Flower that gg4 out, she'll be a beast. Trim up the bottoms for cuts and make sure you've got headspace. She'll easily double of not triple height wise. And make sure you have stakes on hand. She's floppy

Goats

plants are 9 days past flip. i think i timed the flip perfectly, but we'll see. they've only stretched a few inches in the first week and they've got another 12-18 inches of room available. gonna defoliate and stake them next week sometime.

the first of the clones were showing roots out of the plugs in 8 days, and it's looking like we might get 100% success aside from the two that my buddy closed the propagator on and killed.

sent some clones cross-country this morning. strange to be doing that and have it be 100% legal.

pictures next time i am in the room and remember.

Goats

went into the room yesterday and cleaned everything really well. scrubbed down the reservoir and all of the gear that goes in it. megacrop works really well, but it gets gross after a few weeks if you don't gives things a good clean.

ended up going 28/28 on the clones this run. putting the probe from the thermostat into a rapid rooter plug and into an empty cell worked perfectly. i just kept it watered like the plugs with cuttings in them. had the thermostat set to 78 and it seemed to keep the temps between 74-78 which works well for me. i have already given half of the clones away to friends who're getting ready for the outdoor season and some others who want to try their hand now that they can legally grow.

here we are 17 days since flipping them. i'll get in there this weekend and give them a good leaf stripping. the smaller gg4 in the back left has really caught up to the other plants in the first few weeks of flower, which i am quite happy about.

this is only my second run using megacrop and i am definitely learning as i go. it seems the newest recipe of MC might be a bit short on mag, at least in coco. i've been running the MC at 5g/gallon and adding 1g/gallon of epsom. that seems to have cleared up the purple stems i was seeing. the gg4 still has red petioles, but i have been told that is just a trait of the plant. i also added greenleaf's PK booster for the first time this week as well, at their suggested rate of 1g/gallon. all-in the reservoir was sitting at ~750ppm.

mini rant about the floraflex stuff... the matrix system works great when it comes to evenly distributing water and keeping the top of my medium algae-free. however, the design of the circulators could use work in my opinion. for starters, you can only get them onto a plant with a narrow stem. i had trouble getting them on, and once they're on and the plants have grown a little bit, there is no way to get them off until harvest. that wouldn't be so much of an issue if they weren't so incredibly fragile. i snapped one yesterday while trying to remove one of the water lines for cleaning. i could break the other half to get it off, but there is no way i could ever get a new one around the trunk my plant has now. luckily i was able to haggardly snap the pieces back together in a way that still seems to function properly, but i am worried because i have 2 months left in this run and it is in 3 pieces. i wish they were made of a more pliable material, like a rubber of some kind so they wouldn't snap and could be changed at will.

picture.php

Goats

Are you flooding every day with the coco ?

currently feeding for 1 minute 3x/day. 1 minute produces just a bit of runoff. the PPM of the runoff is always a bit lower than what is going into the plants, which is encouraging after using a recirculating reservoir and having my runoff be almost 2x the strength of what was going in at the worst of times.

i thought i would be wasting a lot more nutrients and water with DTW, but it has actually been the opposite. we are using less of both right now and i believe the root zones of my plants are healthier than they ever were in the recirculating system. i just time the dump/clean with the reservoir being really low.

Goats

day 21

took all 4 plants out of the tent today for a stripping.

had to stake the gg4s as expected. easily the floppiest plant i've ever grown. when i took the big one out of the tent and put it on the ground, 1 or 2 tops stayed standing up and the rest just fell over and laid on the ground hahahaha! :biggrin:

i eventually got them under control and staked up, at least for now. i will probably have to do more before long.

before
picture.php

after
picture.php

starke

Lovely ladies are looking happy happy. Sorry to hear about the Floraflex plates. I was considering them for my Hempy buckets with Hydro Halo rings.

Goats

was over at the grow yesterday to top up the reservoir and grab some clones for the gf's brother. grabbed a few more stakes from the dollar store today as well. i think i will be needing them before long.

here are a few shots.

picture.php

memberberry top, but all 4 plants look essentially the same at this point in terms of flower development.

picture.php

Goats

5 weeks since the switch

memberberry
picture.php

hindu kush
picture.php

gg4
picture.php

the last of the stretch finished up over the past week. the hindu and gg4 were done stretching a week or so ago, but the memberberry gave one last push and grew about 6 inches in a few days.

i increased my feed times from 1 min to 2 mins today. the amount of runoff being created was not enough and the PPM was climbing in the runoff bucket. i think the increase in feed volume should take care of it, but i'll be monitoring it going forward.