What's new

goal:pre-fertilized coco+water only

Scrogerman

Veteran
completely Tagged, hope this thread will give me a few pointers for my outdoor garden this year! ;)
Best o Luck!

3gunpete

Ohla, Thats exactly how im running my out doors this year. Pre-mix with plain h2o res and a wick syst. Not only are wick systems usually better(steadier) than top water/feed cycles it will allow me to go away for more than a day at a time without my big ladies falling over in august.
Hav'nt read every post here, but it seems a feew are trying to discurage the whole premix scenario. There is nothing wrong with premixing in coco. As amatter of fact several popular companies sell like mixes.
I would say this tho. If your gonna do it why not go organic all the way and avoid floranova, maxibloob etc.? Simply add yur essential elements and keep it simple. Just make sure you have yur bases covered and plenty of benificial microlife/beasts and they'll do the work for ya.

If anything, and yur not comfortable , just try a couple like this and see what works for ya. Keep it simple and enjoy what yur doing...... Growing weeds, wonderfully marvelous weeds.
be well!!!!!

3gunpete

Ok,so i just got dun reading yalls previous posts and yur cracking me up.
Especially Dhude and rooted. Are you def dumb or blind? Coco nazis'? Did you even read the title of the thread? You can simply lurk somewhere else that is more suited to yur one track minds. There shouldn't even be a debate here, as that was never the goal.
IMHO if you don't have any information on the particular topic at hand why bother beating yur dead hoarse.
Never have i felt the need to state the obvious quite as much as now. WTF
Best Wishes!! Sincerely,3GP

nickman

Veteran
There's a coco based that I been using called basement mix , which has nutes already in it... They are only supposed to last 3-4 weeks... I tried it mixed with fox farm ocean forest mixed at a 3 parts coco to1 part ocean forest... Seems to be going ok...

bioguy

I'm not sure whats up with FFOF but it seems like mixing it with anything makes it better.

I've mixed it with coco, coco/ewc, roots, vermifire and roots/coco/compost. All have been better than prior results with just FFOF. I think its a good soil but it must be lacking something that everything else has.

Currently I'm using FFOF/Roots/Coco/Compost with a few cups of granular organic ferts. Then I use a cal/mag, earth juice and age old when needed. I'm guessing the coco in the roots plus the coco make it about 45% coco, 20% compost, 25% FFOF (mostly peat and humus) and the rest perlite/pumice.