What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GN Zamal

exoticrobotic

It is impossible to miss the OH Seedsman package. What will you do with it? Good luck with your Zamal.

hi @bajode5

i'll be cycling through all the seeds i have and open pollinating them to refresh viability as they are mostly 20 years old now.

I have a few hazes, seedsman, posi haze and nirvana original haze.

The nirvana haze seeds are unusually large, more than double the size of the other haze seeds.

I am tempted to do such a haze run but i've seen pictues of seedsman's haze :D so need to build up a largeish stash first.

I germinated 10 Oldtimes seeds which are from the same era. Seven popped up, one i messed with too much and killed it, the other six are doing rather well and stink of that oldschool weed smell so i know they've all been stored well which is a relief.

When the zamals didnt pop i thought for a while that my other seeds maybe were dead

but the Oldtimes are growing well. Large, crinkled leaves, i can already detect some slight blueberry tones under the stronger bleachy weed smell.

:rasta:

As soon as the weather warms up a bit i'll try another ten Zamals with a ga3 soak in some Agar 🤞

💚

ahortator

Veteran
hi @bajode5

i'll be cycling through all the seeds i have and open pollinating them to refresh viability as they are mostly 20 years old now.

I have a few hazes, seedsman, posi haze and nirvana original haze.

The nirvana haze seeds are unusually large, more than double the size of the other haze seeds.

I am tempted to do such a haze run but i've seen pictues of seedsman's haze :D so need to build up a largeish stash first.

I germinated 10 Oldtimes seeds which are from the same era. Seven popped up, one i messed with too much and killed it, the other six are doing rather well and stink of that oldschool weed smell so i know they've all been stored well which is a relief.

When the zamals didnt pop i thought for a while that my other seeds maybe were dead

but the Oldtimes are growing well. Large, crinkled leaves, i can already detect some slight blueberry tones under the stronger bleachy weed smell.

:rasta:

As soon as the weather warms up a bit i'll try another ten Zamals with a ga3 soak in some Agar 🤞

💚
Please, keep under control those 75 GN Zamal seeds that didn't sprout. Don't crack them and don't let them rot. There is a slim chance they can still sprout with some little help.

exoticrobotic

Hi Exo' Maybe keep and try few batches for directly in the dirt after few days of flotation in mineral water. A good timing like Spring with good moon phase and outdoor can help too + make them listen to your fav music ^^
Hey Roms, Thanks for the advice . Maybe i'll change the music i play to them:party:

I tried the mineral water and moon phase but there is no getting round the fact it is damn cold :LOL:

I can't quite bring myself to plant directly in the soil outside. There is also a cute tree rat that likes to investigate everything i plant whilst my dog then digs up and pisses wherever the tree rat has been. The tree rat is too cute thinking it can hide behind a tiny tree branch or intimidate my dog with its fervent tail swishes.

Please, keep under control those 75 GN Zamal seeds that didn't sprout. Don't crack them and don't let them rot. There is a slim chance they can still sprout with some little help.

Yes abhortator i will. A few times before i have done this and had a couple pop up months later in the pots of week 6 or 7 of flowering plants.

I bought some Angelica keiskei Koidzumi, or Ashitaba seeds a few years back and had an awful time germinating any of them. I spoke to the kind lady who sold me them and she told me to wet some horticultural sand and place it in a zippy bag with some seeds for 45 days in the fridge, shaking occasionally then directly sow. This method got a couple of seeds to grow so i will try this too.

I got 40+ yr old seeds to pop by soaking in EM1 and FulPower for 12 hrs before planting into soil with EWC. Got 3/10 to pop

That's amazing Thcvhunter. As soon as i have 30 quid i will buy some EM1. What is fullpower and EWC, is it something water culture?

3/10 is a good % for such old seeds . :rtfo:You must be stoked . The Zamals have been stored at 3 to 5 degrees C the entire time so there is hope for them yet

With the Zamals, the shells cracked and i was sure i could see some of the tips emerging but maybe this was from osmosis rather than anything else.

I do feel the seeds would need some light sugar feed or something to get going as they are so old so i bought some M&S powdered tissue culture feed which i will add to a soak.

Thanks for all the advice everyone

:flowers2:

Thcvhunter

Veteran
Fulpower is fulvic acid from (shit forgot the name of the company but just google fulpower fulvic acid)

EWC are simply earthworm castings. They have the enzymes that help in germinating as well as feeding the sprouts of seeds.

ahortator

Veteran
Fulpower is fulvic acid from (shit forgot the name of the company but just google fulpower fulvic acid)

EWC are simply earthworm castings. They have the enzymes that help in germinating as well as feeding the sprouts of seeds.
I guess earthworms are the best way to sprout old seeds. As I cannot get a handful of worms here where I life for a decent price (of course you can get them on the web as most things but usually the collar is more expensive than de dog, forget getting them as bait in fishing shops they are extremely expsnive) I am looking for them in the wild. I hope to run my first bin soon. I want to try with three remaining seeds fom an old Cambodian stock that failed.

exoticrobotic

I used to have a worm bin, the top and middle layer always had pepper seeds and various other seeds sprouting in them. The worms ate and kept any brown slime at bay.

Wormeries i'm sure would be an excellent way of germinating old seeds, the worms would look after them and remove any mould that forms.

Maybe the various veg. juices have phytochemicals, sugar and nutrients in them that assist with germinating along with the enzymes that thcvhunter mentioned.

Don't you need specific composting worms though? They seem a lot more wriggly than normal earthworms.

I want to try with three remaining seeds fom an old Cambodian stock

Best of luck with the three cambodians and the worms. Where is the Cambodian from?

ahortator

Veteran
I used to have a worm bin, the top and middle layer always had pepper seeds and various other seeds sprouting in them. The worms ate and kept any brown slime at bay.

Wormeries i'm sure would be an excellent way of germinating old seeds, the worms would look after them and remove any mould that forms.

Maybe the various veg. juices have phytochemicals, sugar and nutrients in them that assist with germinating along with the enzymes that thcvhunter mentioned.

Don't you need specific composting worms though? They seem a lot more wriggly than normal earthworms.

Best of luck with the three cambodians and the worms. Where is the Cambodian from?
Hi. Eisenia foetida is the worm species more widely used, because they prpagate very fast and they are the ones more suited for breeding them in captivity. But other species of Eisenia as E. hortensis may do the job. Their only drawback is that they ate and propagate at a slower rate. But I have been looking for Eisenia foetida and I can only get them at a very expensive price and common wild species are for free and I can get all the ones I want.
It may seem a joke but the Cambodians are from a friend who got them from a friend of him who travelled there about 10 or 15 years ago. I have not more info about the exact place of origin. Only that my friend grew a couple in different years and the plants grow really huge. But suddenly they began to fail sprouting just when he sent me a few.

Latest posts

Latest posts