What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GN C99 F2s by Labtec

dwtc

so what ever happened? how did they turn out? you ok? hope all is well.

stay safe and free,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,dwtc

labtec

Sorry about the wait everyone, been super busy. I'm going to flip my two c99 giants at the end of the week. Hopefully I'll get some pics up too. One of the phenos is just beautiful.

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking great! I ran the C99 f2's from GN collection back around 2004, and they were some of the most uniform plants I have grown from seed. They were only like $60 back then too lol

I have 1 pack here and one more on the way. Good luck!

I have 9 females now almost 7 weeks into flowering. They're showing a suprising amount of variation so far. One plant will be harvested tomorrow (day 49), but a few look like they might go 10 or 12 weeks. Some are short and dense, some are long and airy. I didn't see differences like that with the original F1s. Mine look great and smell great, though, so I'm excited to try them out.

labtec

Danks for stopping by everyone. Here is a picture of one of the C99s:

I'll take some better shots once I get them out of their jungle:)

labtec

Nameless, I think I know where you're going with this, hehe. :)

Here is a pic of my C99 in a 7 gallon pot before I take clones and trim, and after:

The other C99 is kindof weird as it's started to flower a little bit, weird.

GrownOut

HDGC
Veteran
Looking good dude!!! Love C99, one of my favorite strains for sure. Definitely a great strain for breeding hybrids. :)

señorsloth

Veteran
I have 9 females now almost 7 weeks into flowering. They're showing a suprising amount of variation so far. One plant will be harvested tomorrow (day 49), but a few look like they might go 10 or 12 weeks. Some are short and dense, some are long and airy. I didn't see differences like that with the original F1s.
thats how it works, the initial f1 generation is fairly uniform, but the f2's are the opposite of uniform, basically every possible variation will try to play out in the f2 generation.

i am really interested in seeing how these girls grow! i have 3 future c99 mom's growing out right now for my next run...c99 was a legend back when i used to frequent overgrow, nowadays ive heard everything from people claiming it's a "mellow sativa" to it being next to acid and if you try to sell it people will accuse you of lacing it with angel dust. some people say it reeks to high heaven, some say it barely smells at all, it's one of the only strains ive heard of where people consistently find pheno's with absolutely no "ceiling" to the high, more companies seem to try and keep it going through f2 than any other strain out there...every time somebody makes an "if you were stuck in a bio dome with only 2 strains" type thread it's usually one of the top choices...I am sooo excited to give it a try myself, now i just have to get them to decent cloning size within the next 5 weeks...

m314

ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats how it works, the initial f1 generation is fairly uniform, but the f2's are the opposite of uniform, basically every possible variation will try to play out in the f2 generation.

i am really interested in seeing how these girls grow! i have 3 future c99 mom's growing out right now for my next run...c99 was a legend back when i used to frequent overgrow, nowadays ive heard everything from people claiming it's a "mellow sativa" to it being next to acid and if you try to sell it people will accuse you of lacing it with angel dust. some people say it reeks to high heaven, some say it barely smells at all, it's one of the only strains ive heard of where people consistently find pheno's with absolutely no "ceiling" to the high, more companies seem to try and keep it going through f2 than any other strain out there...every time somebody makes an "if you were stuck in a bio dome with only 2 strains" type thread it's usually one of the top choices...I am sooo excited to give it a try myself, now i just have to get them to decent cloning size within the next 5 weeks...

C99 was a legend on Overgrow, which is why I bought the seeds for my first real grow back in 2001. Those were by far the best buds I had ever smoked in my life. C99 is still my favorite. I didn't save those original plants (didn't know how to clone at the time), but some of the F2s available now are just as good if you grow out a few more seeds to find the right plant.

I can't speak for Labtec, but mine turned out to be just as good as I expected. My 49 day finisher is as good as or better than anything I've had before. I got 9 females out of 2 packs of Gypsy's F2s. I'd consider 4 of those to be absolutely top quality in terms of the potency and the high itself. The other 5 were still good, just not quite as good. One of the "not as good" ones tastes exactly like a grapefruit when vaporized. It's only half the potency of the best one, but I've never had buds like that before.

I had some unexpected shit go down around the holiday season, so I had to take a little break from growing. I saved my best 2 C99 clones from my last grow. I just moved into a new place with plenty of room, so I'm getting ready to start my first real grow in a few months. 1000 watts in a 5x5 tent full of clones of that 49 day C99. It finished in 49 days of 12/12 from seed, so I'd guess it will be a little faster from clone. Fast finisher, medium to decent yielder, but absolutely top quality in every way when it comes to the final product.

Are you still growing out those 3? I'd be interested to see how they turn out.

Latest posts

Latest posts