What's new

GMT goes 3d

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey Hey, Anima, welcome to the exclusive club of 3d posters. Yep with the 2nd attempt you got it. 1 rule to remember though now, dont try to make 3d anaglyphs with anything red in the picture, its wierd but blue works fine, but red/pink/purple colours dont seem to work very well. Whites work best out of interest.

Anima

GMT- Thanks for the tip! ...that red cup was lookin kinda electric.
Here are a few more attempts:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Anima

here are a couple more.
I took way more pics this time and rejected a few that I made till I came up with a few that are nice (almost GMT quality):

picture.php

picture.php

man this is so much fun..
It's not everyday i wow myself :D
:woohoo:
picture.php

picture.php

Peace and kindness
-Anima

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good.

Are a lot of the images above made from pictures (or at least 1 of the 2) that are slightly out of focus?

B

bagseed77

i saw a lil fuzzyness but not too shabby, gave me a head ache for a second, but nice job dude

Anima

blynx- Thanks again man!
Well no not really- the pics were pretty good focused... I can't set the F-stop on this cam so my depth of view leaves something to be desired. Especially on those close up shots. I think thats where some of my illusion killing blurriness comes from.

So that screws with my quality a bit. Plus I had to resize/crop them down pretty far to be able to upload them

bagseed- Thanks man!
Sorry about the headache... I'm still new.. yesterday was my first day. :monkeyeat

Peace and kindness
-Anima

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another tip I'd throw out there, is that crop is a great tool, use it!

What I mean by this is; as you see when you try to fill the frame with a closeup (macro), it's really hard to get everything in focus.

Instead, try backing up a bit, taking a picture with more subject matter, THEN CROP down to the area you want.

Most digi cameras today are many megapixels.

Trying to take a 6 or 8 mp macro, hopefully getting every bit of detail in focus, then shrinking it down to a postable size to me has been more work than starting with a 6 or 8 mp image with more stuff than you need and cropping down to a smaller area.

My camera is from like 2002 so the biggest problem is the sensor itself is older and not as good as a lot of newer digis.

Here's a closeup that was cropped down to make multiple images. My next post will have a bunch of these too and I think they turned out a lot sharper than this batch.

Sour Creek x Casey Jones (mini plant)

Day 42

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here's another mini

Alibi x Herijuana

Day 42

picture.php

And here's a shot from the latest round in the 1sq ft cfl cab

PBSD4 (Purble Bagseed Plant x SD IBL)

Day 0

picture.php

Got some preggo pics coming up next

B

bagseed77

i love the way the leafs are all in my face, thanks for a sc/cj pic too

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

Hi Anima, keep em coming, good tips from Bly there.

Hey Bly, looking good and very clear shots, a couple of shots of the closest bud to the door from me above. Where did bagseed go?

Hi 10, where are ya, what country? If you are in the usa, then there is a link to free 3d glasses listed earlier in the thread. If you are somewhere else, then ebay normally has a few up, or google 3d anaglyph glasses, you want the red blue ones, they normally cost less than a couple of dollars, or a quid in the uk.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Here's some shots of seed filled buds

PBSD x MasterLow

Day 67

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Here's some mini plants

Alibi x Herijuana

Day 47

picture.php

picture.php

Sour Creek x Casey Jones

Day 47

picture.php

picture.php

Next up, some more shots of these two minis 10 days later

Anima

Just a bump for a thread with major rear kicking status.
I'll try again in a couple days and get some new stuff up.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Thanks everyone. UK tv here is running a 3d week right now, but they are using the yellow/blue technique so I'll put a couple up this weak done in that format and stick them in the uk thread too.

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
I was checking out a very impressive 3d tv expo a while back. Getting exciting, had me jumping at screen LOL

Only a matter of time before everything is 3d

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey Dr Dog, Which method was used. There are several fighting a format war at the moment, and unlike the other format wars, this one must be won before the tech becomes widepread. The one that Im backing is the Korean method that doesnt use glasses at all but instead has 2 screens (1 a mm or so infront of the other).
How was the effect? The 2 leaders are Sony and Samsung, who made the one you saw?

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
ive been thinkin about this for a very long time,,,,:),,,,i was plannin on buying some 3d video equipment starting with a 3d laptop,,,,,,:),,an then i saw this

this bugged me out......

Jamie Carter said:
http://www.techradar.com/news/television/the-complete-guide-to-3d-tv-625792

Sky has announced that it's to launch a 3D TV channel next year for subscribers to its Sky+HD service, but is the UK ready for another dimension?

Before the shock announcement, 3D TVs had been expected to go on sale in 2011, though manufacturers are bound to now bring their plans forward.

Could Europe's most HD-ready nation – the UK – be about to embrace 3D TV?

Here are your 3D TV questions answered...

How does Sky's 3D system work?

Aping human vision, two Sky cameras on the same rig film side-by-side, capturing slightly different left and right images in 1080i resolution to create two 540 pixel images.

Together they create a 1920x1080 image that – in quality terms – is a quarter as good as the Full HD 1080p pictures found on a Blu-ray disc.

Each feed, which represents a slightly different perspective, is split by polarised glasses and received exclusively by each eye. Your brain then processes them separately and stitches them together, as we normally do every time we open our eyes, thereby creating a field of vision that has depth. This is stereoscopic 3D, and it's set dominate.

The other form of 3D is autostereoscopic (sometimes called 'true 3D'), which doesn't require glasses. Instead, a lens is placed over the TV screen, which does a similar job by sending a different point of view to each eye. Unfortunately, the lens lessens the perceived resolution and the effects aren't anywhere near high definition.

this is what i thought that dude missed out ^^^^^

firstly,,,,wow,,this 1 is big,,,,,this next 1 is probbly my next toy,,,,,500quid seems cheapish for a good new gaming laptop too,,, amazing!!http://www.acerdirect.co.uk/Acer_3D_5738DZG_Laptop_LX.PKF02.045/version.asp?PID=

www.acerdirect.co.uk said:
showimage.aspx

The world's FIRST 3D Screen Laptop!

Looking for a laptop that'll bring your entertainment world to life? Then the Acer Aspire 5738DZG with 3D technology is ideal. Enjoy true widescreen 2D/3D video playback on the Aspire 5738DZG with its stunning High Definition screen featuring TriDef® 3D technology that delivers a 3D visual feast that will leave you speechless.

Whatever your needs this laptop has something to offer. Whether youre getting online and downloading the latest tunes or sitting back and loading up a game you’ll be doing it with serious speed because the 5738DZG’s case hides some staggering power.

It’s got an exciting Pentium Dual Core processor and a massive 4GB RAM so all your favourite applications will run faster than ever before. Want to download music whilst you’re playing a game? No problem; the 5738DZG is a true multitasker.

Despite all that, its in the visuals that this laptop truly steps ahead of the opposition. It comes with an amazing 15.6” screen with 3D technologyand an ATI Radeon HD 4570 graphics card. Put on your favourite film and watch the action jump from the screen and into your room.

The vast 500GB hard drive will give you more than enough room to install your games and save your movies, songs and photos, while the integrated webcam and wireless technology will help you share them with your friends at home or on the move.

As a mobile multimedia machine the Acer Aspire 5738DZG fits the bill and fits in your bag.

With FREE 3D Glasses

JVC just brought out the GD-463D10,,,an that comes with 2 pairs of polarizing glasses,,,,,

JVC said:
79.JPG

JVC Introduces 3D LCD Monitor to Custom Installation market
46-Inch Large, 1-1/2 inches (39mm) Thin Display Provides Rich Visual Experience

Atlanta, GA , September 10, 2009 - JVC Professional Products, division of JVC U.S.A. introduces its flicker-free 46-inch 3D LCD monitor at CEDIA Expo. The monitor, already popular with major Hollywood studios will now be available to the custom installation market for cutting-edge home installations. The GD-463D10 is 1-1/2 inches (39mm) thin and uses JVC's unique high-quality 3D visual engine to deliver a natural, flicker-free visual experience.

The GD-463D10 provides flicker-free 3D images by adopting the Xpol ® polarizing filter method and battery-free passive circular polarizing filter glasses. Video input is compatible with industry standard line-by-line and side-by-side 3D formats. JVC's unique 3D decoder translates images into the optimal Xpol display format wit subtle gradations and shades of color.

a while ago i watched PolarExpress on Imax 3d,,,,i believe its called "feild sequential 3D".....when the film started a lil tubby kid who was sat neer me was trying to catch the 3d snow in his mouth,,,when that didnt work he resorted to using his hands,,,,like a Angel with his popcorn, reaching up to the stars, wobbling on his seat,,happy!!,,basking in 3d snow,,,,,,,totaly amazing!!:)

anyone tryed 1 of these??????,,,,,,,,this video eyeware from Vuzix uses the same system as the imax 3d,,,,,

image_vr920.jpg

VUZIX said:
Step inside with the Vuzix iWear VR920, the world’s most popular virtual reality and gaming solution that incorporates immersive big-screen 3D video, head tracking, microphone and audio. You can move, look around, listen, and communicate with others - almost like being in the ‘real’ world. The iWear VR920 opens amazing new doors to the World Wide Web.

it plays movies in field sequential 3D,,,,

this is 1 film that is propperly 3d ready
3d-haunted.jpg

philips did the Auto 3d,,,,the 1 without the glasses,,,,but its got low rezoloution!!,,,[/IMG]http://mos.futurenet.com/techradar/classifications/home-entertainment/tv/images/3dtv/Philips%203D%20Wow-420-90.jpg[/IMG]