What's new

GMT goes 3d

B

bagseed77

pics are nice b, but it seems ya trimmed too good, i like it when the leaves are jabbing out at ya, like the alibi,heri, sharp edges coming in my face

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
pics are nice b, but it seems ya trimmed too good, i like it when the leaves are jabbing out at ya, like the alibi,heri, sharp edges coming in my face

Yea I like those pictures too

PBSD x MasterLow

Day 27

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Super G

Day 52

picture.php

:joint:

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
How many shots are you taking for each pic Bly? Are you doing all day photo shoots each week? I have to take quite a few to get a couple that work well. Nice work Bly. I'll get to some this week.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How many shots are you taking for each pic Bly? Are you doing all day photo shoots each week? I have to take quite a few to get a couple that work well. Nice work Bly. I'll get to some this week.

I'm only taking 2 shots per pic and still taking them by hand.

I just saw that a new version of Stereo Photo Maker came out, so I grabbed it yesterday.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey Bly, Nice catch. I just downloaded it, I was playing with it and noticed an auto align button that I havent been using, not sure if its on the old one but it prob is. I use 2 progs, 1 for some other pics which doesnt use auto align stuff, and so I'm so use to doing it manually that I just carried on in this program. It seems to work pretty well. I'll get some pics up in the next couple of days, if not sooner. I still need to photoshop the images first to see if there's anything nice I can bring out.

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Thanks Anima, it would be great to see a few from you. Have you got the glasses already then?

FiveLeggedGoat

I'm not a real goat.™
Veteran
I was over at my sister's house and saw a pair of 3D glasses on the counter and this thread instantly popped into my head.....can you believe my 6 year old nephew sold them to me for 5 bucks....6 yrs old and hustling his good ol' uncle. hahahahaha

Great thread and awesome pics!

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Hey 5LG, sorry to hear you got hussled, but glad to hear you got sorted :)

Hey Bly, well the auto does more than just align, it resizes and rotates, which is great, so I autoaligned them, then knocked the separation up a little with the keyboard arrow keys, in order to bring them out of the screen a little more, just a tad. I then saved them at roughly 1/3 pixel count. I then ran them through photoshop to save them for the web, which is an option in photoshop that I really rate, after it knocked around 30% more size off the files. So that way the ic server had less to chew up and they got through relatively unscathed.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hmm, I just tried it.

I tried 2 sets of images;

The first was a picture of 2 plants in a container.

The auto-align results looked very similar to what i got doing it manually. The only real difference I could see (and you had to flip between the 2 images to see it), was a slight difference in the container the plants were in (I'm guessing some sort of barrel distortion/correction).

The 2nd picture tho, was a closeup of an early top cola. IMO, my picture (which will be posted in the near future) looks great, but the auto-align, distortion/correction really made all the fan leaves un-aligned.

I think I still like and will probably stay with the manual method myself.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This plant lost all it's 'poke yer eye out' leaves haha

Here she is 32 days later

PBSD x MasterLow

Day 52

picture.php

She's at day 63 today. I'll see if there are any worthwhile pics when she comes down in a week or so

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
I think the auto option will rescue pics with a bit of roll or distance alteration to them, which traditionally we've had to throw away. You deffo can't beat personal judgement for the final manipulation though. I haven't tried any closups yet, I have some that I need to rotate 90 degrees, and havent done so yet, and I found another folder that I thought I had posted, I'll go through that tomorrow.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I think the auto option will rescue pics with a bit of roll or distance alteration to them, which traditionally we've had to throw away. You deffo can't beat personal judgement for the final manipulation though. I haven't tried any closups yet, I have some that I need to rotate 90 degrees, and havent done so yet, and I found another folder that I thought I had posted, I'll go through that tomorrow.

Ah, I just load the pictures un-rotated. Then press CTRL-RIGHTARROW and the program rotates the pics for you (only in memory at that point).

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
Oh that's interesting, I've been doing them in photoshop and rotating them all then going through the 3d prog, that'll save me some time in the future cheers!

GMT

The Tri Guy
Veteran
picture.php

picture.php

I know this one has a massive red shadow, but somehow for some reason the 3d still works imo.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Anima

well here is my first attempt:
picture.php

:woohoo:
Thanks soo much GMT and ^Blynx! :yes:
I always wanted to be able to do this.
I tried it before but I think I was moving the cam over too much.
What'dya think? any pointers? I'll try some closeups next :D

:laughing:FLG got hustled...:fsu:

Peace and kindness
-Anima

**edit**- GMT that last pic of yours REALLY came out nice! And yea I have some glasses from way back when they aired some TV shows here in 3d :yes:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
well here is my first attempt:
Thanks soo much GMT and blunx! :yes:
I always wanted to be able to do this.
I tried it before but I think I was moving the cam over too much.
What'dya think? any pointers? I'll try some closeups next :D
:yes:

It's Blynx, not Blunx.

Yep the biggest suggestion I can give is to barely move the camera at all.

Latest posts

Latest posts