What's new

GMO cannabis

SeedsOfFreedom

Veteran
I have no idea if it is polyploid or not, a test only costs $10-$50.
Polyploids are not so stable, the only way to know is to test it. And yes a Tetraploid or Triploid can revert to Diploid. If you self a diploid it the progeny is a diploid, if you self a Tetraploid it will be a Tetraploid, if you self a Triploid it remains a triploid. If you transform a Tetraploid from a girl to a male for a pollen source, and use the pollen on a diploid female the resulting seeds will be Triploid, but not all the plants will be 100% Triploid, some plants will have mixes of polyploid and diploid, they need to be tested for confirmation.
-SamS

Thanks a lot brother, I will have to consider testing her then. That is quite cheap to satisfy my curiosity. This is very interesting.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
why didnt you put this with you first answer rather than just saying its bs and why are you being so narky about it, some serious attitude in these posts mate, im only asking a few questions.

It was to much work, people have thought that GMO Cannabis was here at least a dozen times over the last decade, I get lazy in my responses, I get tired of people that are to lazy to find the truth themselves, and want me to prove there are no GMO Cannabis varieties being grown and sold, so I do it again and again and again.
I get real tired of the same people saying the same thing over and over again. You may be asking me just a few new questions, to you. But that has been done by hundreds of people, and I do get tired of the same old BS being floated again and again.
Am I being narky? Sure, if you only look at it from your personal point of view and not mine also. If you understood the full backround of this issue and how I have tried to tell the truth about the issue for over a decade, you might feel a little different.
-SamS

KiefSweat

Veteran
The simplest argument might be the truest and easiest to accept.
why would they invest all the money into making a strain in a lab when you could bred one with more conventional means in a few generations that does what you need it to do?

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
why would they invest all the money into making a strain in a lab when you could bred one with more conventional means in a few generations that does what you need it to do?

If they want to create something that can't be bred by conventional means. Like a full CBD plant with 0 THC. That's the only reasonable answer.

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
If they want to create something that can't be bred by conventional means. Like a full CBD plant with 0 THC. That's the only reasonable answer.

I have CBD plants 10% CBD with no THC.
Bred with classical breeding methods, 20 years ago.
Not that it means there is no GMO Cannabis, but you do not need GMO Cannabis for a pure CBD variety.
-SamS

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Its impossible to prove a negative , the onus is on the people who claim GM canna exists to prove a positive , and no one has.

Some people have a conspiracy mentality and believe only that which supports their preconceived mindset , and will discount any evidence or facts which oppose it.

The whole GM issue is driven by ignorance , fear of science , mistrust of government and the media which hypes up and repeats lies , flawed studies and hearsay to sell a story.

As the subject requires a high level of knowledge to understand properly its no surprise that a dumbed down public fears it.

Like a full CBD plant with 0 THC. That's the only reasonable answer.

More likely they would insert the gene into an unrelated crop plant or bacteria culture , like they did with insulin ,and avoid the legal problems and limitations.

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
I have CBD plants 10% CBD with no THC.
Bred with classical breeding methods, 20 years ago.
Not that it means there is no GMO Cannabis, but you do not need GMO Cannabis for a pure CBD variety.
-SamS

I thought there are always at least marginal amounts of both THC and CBD. I also thought that the plant can't be homozygous for both. When you cross a bt/bt plant with a bd/bd plant you can have both cannabinoids in the same plant but how can you stabilize the trait?

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
I thought there are always at least marginal amounts of both THC and CBD. I also thought that the plant can't be homozygous for both. When you cross a bt/bt plant with a bd/bd plant you can have both cannabinoids in the same plant but how can you stabilize the trait?

What is a marginal amount? Why not? Homozygous just means two sets of the same chromosomes from the mom and dad. I did not say if it was stable or not, it is a clone. Chosen from my high CBD only seed variety. Yes the clone is stable.
-SamS

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
always a bad sign when people attack the messenger and not his actual message. i didnt read seeds of destruction, but it seems to me that just saying he's a fool or what ever is not that convincing. instead the points he makes, (what ever they are), should be what it's about.

same with those saying the rat tests were not done the right way blah blah, well the same thing is said about monsantos own rat tests, they only lasted 90 days, because at that stage they started showing organ problems. so who are we to believe? the company who's been spreading misery and poison since it's very inception, or those that are saying this company has no morals and should not be trusted with gene modification responsibilities, let alone operate for profit in that field. so yeah on the one side you can watch documentaries about researchers who had their lives destroyed just for presenting certain findings in this field on the other side you can take the word of those profiting from it and destroying said scientists who present any evidence of anything that would have a potential negative effect on their bottom line. up to you who you want to trust, for me it makes not a jot of sense to entrust the food supply to the poison peddlers of the planet. as the bible says, look at their fruits and there by ye shall judge them. well look at their fruits! they have turned farmers into their serfs, they have created such a climate of fear and mistrust that farmers are reporting each other to monsanto for breach of contract, or good forbid reporting each other as cross contamination victims that monsanto can sue into poverty for patent infringement, never mind that it was no fault of the land owner..

those mentioning the healthy rice with extra protein, i have to lmao. why not do a search on that and see what the swiss inventor of that rice now says about it. they took it off him and are looking to make money with it even though that was his biggest stipulation when he let them finance him, he wanted the rice to be given for free to the poor people of the world. but yeah, the share holders in the company are not so into that idea. but even stranger is that the target country (Thailand) has declined to have anything to do with said rice.

if gm is ever gonna be for the public good, you need to take it off private for profit corporations and put it in the hands of non profit, people based groups, that have benefiting the human race as their top motive, not making money with the tech as their god.

SativaBreather

Veteran
I have read it, what a waste of trees to make the paper for the books. Anyone that reads the book and believes it, is ill equipped to debate anything that requires understanding of a little science.
As for FW Engdahl, he is a real gem.

-SamS

Everything Engdahl says is fully documented and backed up, he provides all his sources, so ya talking out ya arse...again

harry74

Veteran
I don´t know if this has much credibility but I let the link :

New rules in Uruguay have created a legal marijuana market – The giant corporation Monsanto plans to launch production of genetically modified marijuana, and companies such as Drug Policy Alliance y Open Society Foundation are going to create own brand, which will be produced under cannabis, information portal La Red 21. These companies are funded by Monsanto, they will be responsible for market development of transgenic seeds of marijuana, particularly in Uruguay.

Uruguay is the first country in the world to officially legalize the production and sale of marijuana. Initiator of the law was the leadership of the State, President Jose Mujica. There are lots of reasons why Monsanto and other companies producing GMOs would like to learn a new product. It is quite possible that Marijuana could be the next major GMO crop. The company plans to produce GMO manipulate “medical marijuana”. If pharmacists join with GMO companies, pharmaceutical mafia can create transgenic strains that are able to produce more active compounds which are patented and can be used as a medicine. Former strategic director Jamin Shively Microsoft has also announced its plans to patent in the U.S. This will be the first national brand which will produce hemp imported from Mexico. The new company will be based in Seattle. Businessman said that the initial funding for the project is $ 10 million to start the company’s products and it will only be distributed in two U.S. states, Shively says We will seek to ensure that in our hands was 40% of cannabis in the world.”

There is not link to the source of the info...

Last edited by a moderator:

SativaBreather

Veteran
[quote

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." - Mahatma Gandhi

-SamS[/quote]

really not interested what such a fucked up arsehole as gandhi says either, he was an absolute twat to his family, especially one of his sons and a total pervert to boot

and thats no conspiracy, watch Stefan Molyneux's factually correct broadcast on it titles The Truth About Gandhi

Sam_Skunkman

"RESIN BREEDER"
Veteran
Everything Engdahl says is fully documented and backed up, he provides all his sources, so ya talking out ya arse...again

Well I do agree that some one is.
Engdahl stated in 2007 that he had come to believe that petroleum is not biological in origin, produced from remains of prehistoric zooplankton and algae, which had settled to a sea or lake bottom in large quantities under anoxic conditions, which is a theory supported by the majority of petroleum geologists and engineers. Instead he now believes the hypothesis that petroleum is geological in origin, produced deep underground from carbon, by conditions and forces of heat and pressure deeper down than the Earth's biosphere.
Engdahl calls himself an "ex peak oil believer", stating that peak oil is actually a political phenomenon.

He has also been a long-time associate of the LaRouche movement and has written many articles for their publications. You can google them to see what they are about.

Engdahl also argued that the problem with global warming is much exaggerated.

William is also a Research Associate of Michel Chossudovsky's Centre for Research on Globalization in Montreal, Canada.

You can read about it/them here:
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Globalresearch.ca

Or google them also. I will suggest people look and decide themselves.

I am not so sure that Engdahl has anything to add to the Monsanto GMO Cannabis debate, I think he is a tangent on this issue at the most. Try sticking to the issue, GMO Cannabis. If you want to start a GMO thread without Cannabis, do it, this thread is GMO Cannabis.
-SamS

Last edited:

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Last edited:

harry74

Veteran
Obviously I didn´t.

My most sincere and deep apologies Sir; my heart is full of sorrow and sadness due to :cry::dunno: this misunderstanding.

It is long time allready, that I have showed to you in several ocasions that I´m a retarded wanker:jerkit:.

¿Any idea when will be my ban @ Cannabiscafe lifted or it is for life ?Couldyou please use your influences to fix this unfair situation:bow:?????
:tiphat:

I do not have a problem with GM food if labelled so that people can make an informed choice , transgenic manipulation is potentially more dangerous and needs a lot more research to validate its safety for consumption.

I don't work for Monsanto or the illuminati , I just do research before I jump on a bandwagon.

i'm not saying the jury is in on GMO foods, but the rate of cancer incidence in the US doesn't support a clear indication that it isn't contributing to the skyrocketing rates:

sp-chart.gif

foomar

Luddite
ICMag Donor
Veteran
There are so many factors it would not be fare to simply blame GM foods either , just seems an easy target for people with a preconceived idea or agenda.

Explosion in takeaway and heavily processed foods.
Sedentary lifestyle and lack of exercise.
Pollution from vehicles.
Higher levels of clinical obesity.
Rise in tanning salons(melanoma).
Exposure to plastics and byproducts of production and decomposition.
Increased consumption of refined sugars.
Longer life expectancy leading to inevitably more cancers.
Heavier consumption of alcohol esp amongst women.

Sure you can think of more.

Would be as invalid statistically to link cancer rates to the rise in use of cannabis , margarine and air flights , so the causal link has to be clinically determined or people will use basic stats for their own agenda.

burningfire

Veteran
I don´t know if this has much credibility but I let the link :

New rules in Uruguay have created a legal marijuana market – The giant corporation Monsanto plans to launch production of genetically modified marijuana, and companies such as Drug Policy Alliance y Open Society Foundation are going to create own brand, which will be produced under cannabis, information portal La Red 21. These companies are funded by Monsanto, they will be responsible for market development of transgenic seeds of marijuana, particularly in Uruguay.

Uruguay is the first country in the world to officially legalize the production and sale of marijuana. Initiator of the law was the leadership of the State, President Jose Mujica. There are lots of reasons why Monsanto and other companies producing GMOs would like to learn a new product. It is quite possible that Marijuana could be the next major GMO crop. The company plans to produce GMO manipulate “medical marijuana”. If pharmacists join with GMO companies, pharmaceutical mafia can create transgenic strains that are able to produce more active compounds which are patented and can be used as a medicine. Former strategic director Jamin Shively Microsoft has also announced its plans to patent in the U.S. This will be the first national brand which will produce hemp imported from Mexico. The new company will be based in Seattle. Businessman said that the initial funding for the project is $ 10 million to start the company’s products and it will only be distributed in two U.S. states, Shively says We will seek to ensure that in our hands was 40% of cannabis in the world.”

There is not link to the source of the info...

that website has no credibility, it's either fear mongering or just bullshit.

I wouldn't believe anything you read on there. There's a trend amongst people who see westernized medicine not able to provide all the answers, they'll believe anything without hard evidence.