What's new

Given the choice, which MMJ state would you live in?

GetUpStandUp

California's Proposition 215 is a constitutional amendment. That is why SB420 had sections 'de-enacted' (correct term is escaping my brain ATM), because according to state law the legislature cannot change what was put into the constitution by the voters in particular ways.

If I could, I'd love to give Oregon or Washington a chance.
Both are very cool, very diverse, well oregon portland is, seattle is a bit on the goth, and corny side, but is a great city, and you have to like rain, lots of frickin rain! But portland was cool as hell when I went broke without a job.

FirstTracks

natural medicator
Veteran
My buddy has a place down there. I spent a week with him. Second night I went to take a piss in the middle of the night, flipped the lid and missed getting bit on the cock head by a scorpion by centimeters.

Disgusting.

Fuck that place.

So having a small pecker isn't really all that bad........is that what you're getting at?:tiphat:

headband 707

Plant whisperer
Veteran
Yeah I thought bout that as well, but had some peeps go on vaca out there and was turned off by the no jobs, and the govt having things crazy, plus I dont do boats, Or plans, a little bioch when I got to go those routes lol.

Okay well this is what I have found on my travels just in general.. Islands are expensive because they are Islands and things need to be shipped in and out hence the cost of everything. Jamaica is great I mean really great for growing one of the better places I have seen not for selling just for growing. Selling not a chance you would be one fish in the big sea of fish selling bud lol.
Jobs that is a hard one as most countries are having a hard enough time trying to employ there own ppl so there are strict laws on you coming to their country and getting a job. If you get a company and employ their ppl this would be different. For example in Mexico if you hire one gringo you must hire 8 Mexicains and so on.
If at all possible go to the place you thinking of living first and check things out don't pick up and move all your shit to another country without really looking into whats is what. I have been there and done that and things are not as easy as we would like them to be . It's also important to note if the ppl in the area really HATE the ppl moving into the area. We ran into a lot of angry locals for various reasons ,,They either hated gringo's /babylon/ppl from the US/ Gov/ thier lack of funds.
The world has really changed and I for one am really sick of the way our Gov has turned this place . I had more fun in these places then I do in Canada so I would have no problem going back.
Life is about journey and how we live it not about anything else so yeah bro go have fun headband 707:woohoo:

S

SeaMaiden

What wrong with Hawaii..
My ex-daughter-in-law needs MMJ and was living in Hawai'i. I did some research and discovered that for a mother of two, one infant, who has never grown anything before in her life and is struggling with debilitating headaches, Hawai'i's MMJ program isn't very helpful. It's very restrictive and there is *no* means for provision of meds to those who cannot cultivate for themselves.

If I hadn't torn out my ACL last year and become so dependent on others to get some of the most basic tasks accomplished, I wouldn't be so concerned with these things. Oh, and then there was my neighbor who recently passed of metastatic breast cancer, she couldn't cultivate, either. Can't get those people out of my head, ya know? That's why I feel it's important to account for these people as well if we're really going to advocate truly for medical cannabis.
Mine was during a move from one city to another, no bueno...
Ooo... yeah, no bueno. I hate moving, though.
my friend from big bear went to hawaii. he didnt last long he hated it. he is now back and doing his thing again.
Big Bear, California, by Lake Arrowhead? He likes living in San Berdoo county better than Hawai'i?

Both are very cool, very diverse, well oregon portland is, seattle is a bit on the goth, and corny side, but is a great city, and you have to like rain, lots of frickin rain! But portland was cool as hell when I went broke without a job.
I don't care what people wear, I care what they do. The people I met in Portland and surrounding areas seemed to be good, friendly people, happy to be there. The food was OFF THE HOOK good, even the most simply prepared dishes. Where I am in California is pretty much a bastion of bad food, I am not even kidding about this.

I spent over 30 years in southern California, and I don't mind rain at all. What I DO mind is the June Gloom. I hate being covered by clouds with nothing happening. Either fucking rain or go away! I've seen Portland twice now, once at Christmas and once last month, and I can take it either way.

K

KSP

I would love for a southeastern state to go medical or decriminalize, and if that happened, that's where I would go - or stay. However, I'm not hopeful that's going to happen any time soon. I've lived in Colorado and California and they're OK, I just don't get too frisky thinking about either of those states though and honestly can't see living there again, but I leave options open.

The idea of living in the banana belt of the UP or the NW LP of Michigan is gaining traction, despite my preference for warmer weather. I've been through several Keweenaw winters so I know what the weather is about. The fishing has to be amazing in Lake Michigan along Green Bay.

GetUpStandUp

My ex-daughter-in-law needs MMJ and was living in Hawai'i. I did some research and discovered that for a mother of two, one infant, who has never grown anything before in her life and is struggling with debilitating headaches, Hawai'i's MMJ program isn't very helpful. It's very restrictive and there is *no* means for provision of meds to those who cannot cultivate for themselves.

If I hadn't torn out my ACL last year and become so dependent on others to get some of the most basic tasks accomplished, I wouldn't be so concerned with these things. Oh, and then there was my neighbor who recently passed of metastatic breast cancer, she couldn't cultivate, either. Can't get those people out of my head, ya know? That's why I feel it's important to account for these people as well if we're really going to advocate truly for medical cannabis.

Ooo... yeah, no bueno. I hate moving, though.

Big Bear, California, by Lake Arrowhead? He likes living in San Berdoo county better than Hawai'i?

I don't care what people wear, I care what they do. The people I met in Portland and surrounding areas seemed to be good, friendly people, happy to be there. The food was OFF THE HOOK good, even the most simply prepared dishes. Where I am in California is pretty much a bastion of bad food, I am not even kidding about this.

I spent over 30 years in southern California, and I don't mind rain at all. What I DO mind is the June Gloom. I hate being covered by clouds with nothing happening. Either fucking rain or go away! I've seen Portland twice now, once at Christmas and once last month, and I can take it either way.
Yeah I am originally from LBC, and moved and lived just bout everywhere, oregon was cool, love the trains makes it esy to get to the hotspots. I was just in south carolina and north, the north is way better, not so stuck in 1800s feel with race, and inovation, but as far as bad food, well only speaking mexican, it sucks in south carolina like no other, I mean better off with a mexican hot pocket, lol

The midwest is very in the middle, its growing to be more west coast speed, but not there yet. Yeah its all in just going to see whats really up, get there ,and venture. I remember in high school o so many years ago when living in the inland empire we would ditch school drive out to Newport beach 32street smoke, and drink all day, maybe find a house on boardwalk with a party, now I am not sure Cali is gone mad with tons of ppl wanting to do what you want, I hate lines, traffic, and copy cats! All I know for sure is I am out lookin just like you, bout to hit a couple different states in next month, and by then will make my choice, it just sucks colorado dont recongnize PTSD yet, or it would be sealed, til then I just ride the wave bro, Oh hell I mean girly lol.:tiphat:

Snoopster

Veteran
it just sucks colorado dont recongnize PTSD yet, or it would be sealed,

What?
Again, if you want a card in CO all you need is $90 and a pulse.
There are petitions being circulated and it is being talked about, but it doesn't really matter.

Getting a card for pain when you really need it for ptsd is not a big deal.

I have friends that got cards to protect themselves from the government. There are over 100,000 card holders in CO.

Colorado is full, mouse out front should have told you.

S

SeaMaiden

Yeah I am originally from LBC, and moved and lived just bout everywhere, oregon was cool, love the trains makes it esy to get to the hotspots. I was just in south carolina and north, the north is way better, not so stuck in 1800s feel with race, and inovation, but as far as bad food, well only speaking mexican, it sucks in south carolina like no other, I mean better off with a mexican hot pocket, lol

The midwest is very in the middle, its growing to be more west coast speed, but not there yet. Yeah its all in just going to see whats really up, get there ,and venture. I remember in high school o so many years ago when living in the inland empire we would ditch school drive out to Newport beach 32street smoke, and drink all day, maybe find a house on boardwalk with a party, now I am not sure Cali is gone mad with tons of ppl wanting to do what you want, I hate lines, traffic, and copy cats! All I know for sure is I am out lookin just like you, bout to hit a couple different states in next month, and by then will make my choice, it just sucks colorado dont recongnize PTSD yet, or it would be sealed, til then I just ride the wave bro, Oh hell I mean girly lol.:tiphat:

The only time I was ever busted for weed was in fucking Newport Beach. And it wasn't even my weed!

I'm not looking to go anywhere, I'm settled where I am.

Attachments

• cat-is-farmer.jpg
    cat-is-farmer.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 5

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
I would love for a southeastern state to go medical or decriminalize, and if that happened, that's where I would go - or stay.

As Grammy used to say "From your lips to God's ears".

/Not gonna happen in my lifetime
//I'm kind of OK with that idea
///just grow and shut your pie hole about it (not you personally KSP :biggrin:)

K

KSP

As Grammy used to say "From your lips to God's ears".

/Not gonna happen in my lifetime
//I'm kind of OK with that idea
///just grow and shut your pie hole about it (not you personally KSP :biggrin:)

I'd have to agree with you. It's just nice to dream sometimes :D

Drift13

To work for me it would have to be a warm climate and not oh my g-d expensive. Don't think any of the 'legal' states would do.

mpd

Lammen Gorthaur
Veteran
Texas. I'm facing the fact that this coming move will likely be our last move and since I am only moving down the road a short piece I won't be going to any MMJ state. This is good and bad. When I have it I use too much of it and when I don't I sit around and think of times when I did have it. No, I'm not addicted at all... LOL

JOJO420

Veteran
Whatever you do, don't move here to Hawaii.

Hawaii sucks.

Too expensive, no seasons, no nightlife, too small, too far from the mainland, too boring, the locals will beat you up, tourists 24/7, Green Harvest, the flooded market, weed doesn't do well here....

You get 7 plants. 3 of which may be in full bud. The idiots here seem to think anything with a white hair on it counts..

I could go on and on, but just listen to me n old haole, anywhere but here :)

Latest posts

Latest posts