What's new

Given the choice, which MMJ state would you live in?

S

SeaMaiden

Colorado certainly seems to have some of the highest quality plus the only state that has MMJ in it's constitution. Added bonus if you like to ski/snowboard, plus extra bonus for ski/snowboard bunnies.

Montana seems nice too, not too sure about the availability of jobs and the culture up in Montana seems to be changing.

Not true for this part. Nevada was the first state to approve it as a Constitutional amendment when approved by its citizens after 2 vote cycles. Other than that, NV would definitely not be a first, second, or third choice to move to for mmj if you're planning to move and have a choice.

California's Proposition 215 is a constitutional amendment. That is why SB420 had sections 'de-enacted' (correct term is escaping my brain ATM), because according to state law the legislature cannot change what was put into the constitution by the voters in particular ways.

If I could, I'd love to give Oregon or Washington a chance.

B

BrnCow

If you move to Colorado, don't be telling people you are from Texas. Seems some Texas oil companies tried to buy the state or cheat folks in Co. and they still take it out on anyone they find out is from Texas. The mountain towns are worse and Bailey, South Park and Fairplay ( named by an outlaw that started the town and ripped everyone naive enough to buy into the name). The sheriff out there in Park county is teamed up with some bandits with a big grow north of Bailey.So beware of that place. They literally hate Texans and even staying away from them won't fucking work. They will sic their older kids on your kids and accuse you of false crimes and other stupid bullshit. You can't beat their asses because the cops are like Nazi storm troopers and will do ya dirty in a Denver minute! Denver is not bad but you have to research it before you move there. The area is striped with richy, higher middle class, blue collar, and gang neighborhoods in various orders. The people in thew cities are not too bad as long as you keep your mouth shut and change your tags and license over to Colorado ASAP. Running Texas plates around will get you run off the road and abused. A .45 helps if they don't kill you by running you off a mountain or something. If you show it, they usually back the fuck off but be prepared to use it. The scenery is beautiful and there are some cool places to camp and whatnot. Just know this! The mountains are high desert. This ain't no rain forest like Oregon is. The humidity is low most of the year and water is both scarce and government owned/controlled everywhere. You can't just throw a pump in the Platte river or some local will get jealous and report you. Then the state water gremlins will be on your case like stink on shit! The state sells that water out west and they are greedy mutherfuckers. The water in places - like Golden for instance - is loaded with metal from old mine tailings and just running over the local rocks. Golden water may not be cool to drink without filtering. And you cannot drink from a stream like you see the cowboys do. Animals shit in these rivers and other waters and you WILL get a good case of Giardiasis. See link for an explanation...

http://www.cdphe.state.co.us/dc/Epidemiology/giar_fs.html

Otherwise, if you can handle the altitude and dry weather in the winter - 25% RH - Co is a great place to be! And the concerts are awesome! Tull at Red Rocks was fucking awesome!

Snoopster

Veteran
Make sure you can get your card in CO cuz I called they do not cover PTSD, they only cover very few things like cancer, Lukemiea, etc I almost picked it, but cant now sucks!

You can get a red card in CO if you are over 21 and have the following:

$90
a pulse

BOOM, you have a card (whenever the state gets around to printing it)

If you move to Colorado, don't be telling people you are from Texas. Seems some Texas oil companies tried to buy the state or cheat folks in Co. and they still take it out on anyone they find out is from Texas.

I have not encountered any of this. Texans are looked down for their shitty skiing, big hair and general loudness, but I don't see active discrimination. We save that for Mexicans and blacks. (wish I was kidding)

The mountain towns are worse and Bailey, South Park and Fairplay ( named by an outlaw that started the town and ripped everyone naive enough to buy into the name). The sheriff out there in Park county is teamed up with some bandits with a big grow north of Bailey.So beware of that place. They literally hate Texans and even staying away from them won't fucking work. They will sic their older kids on your kids and accuse you of false crimes and other stupid bullshit.

I doubt that.

You can't beat their asses because the cops are like Nazi storm troopers and will do ya dirty in a Denver minute!

Denver cops will beat the shit out of you, true. It is easy to avoid them.

Denver is not bad but you have to research it before you move there. The area is striped with richy, higher middle class, blue collar, and gang neighborhoods in various orders.

Just like every other city I have lived in.

The people in thew cities are not too bad as long as you keep your mouth shut and change your tags and license over to Colorado ASAP. Running Texas plates around will get you run off the road and abused.

This whole state is populated by people from other states. That is an exaggeration.

A .45 helps

It only hurts when you need one and don't have one.

if they don't kill you by running you off a mountain or something. If you show it, they usually back the fuck off but be prepared to use it.

Then you will go to jail. No one is going to run you off the road.

The scenery is beautiful and there are some cool places to camp and whatnot. Just know this! The mountains are high desert. This ain't no rain forest like Oregon is. The humidity is low most of the year and water is both scarce and government owned/controlled everywhere. You can't just throw a pump in the Platte river or some local will get jealous and report you. Then the state water gremlins will be on your case like stink on shit!

Translation: Do not steal water.
Also, do not worry about this, it will not affect you if you are not a farmer.

The state sells that water out west and they are greedy mutherfuckers.

There are greedy motherfuckers in a position of power? That must just happen in Colorado.

The water in places - like Golden for instance - is loaded with metal from old mine tailings and just running over the local rocks. Golden water may not be cool to drink without filtering.

I would not recommend anyone drink any stream water from any source without filtering.

And you cannot drink from a stream like you see the cowboys do. Animals shit in these rivers and other waters and you WILL get a good case of Giardiasis.

This has been true since before humans existed.

Otherwise, if you can handle the altitude and dry weather in the winter - 25% RH - Co is a great place to be! And the concerts are awesome!

The humidity gets below 20% often. It can get below zero in the winter and above 100 in the Summer.

I would not suggest living east of interstate 25, it gets way too windy out on the plains.

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
rule number 1.

don't ever make a life choice off of where growing is "legal" . your better served moving where you want to move, and zip your lip.

rule number 2.

take a look at where it's legal. then ask yourself a big, why is it legal there.

supermanlives

Veteran
san diego rules for so many reasons. last time in denver i got a ticket for doing 85 and got my car searched. they didnt find my stash

Buddle

Veteran
Hawaii if you can afford it.
Colorado is more and more like a coastless Cali, imo.
R.I. is sweet if you like four seasons and being w/in a 3 hr train ride to NYC and less than 2 hrs from Boston.
Maine is nice, really nice, but not if you need/want a lot of job options or you need a lot of commercial stimulation.It's more for outdoor enthusiasts. Most Mainers have a variety of skills that they combine to make a living.
New Jersey is the armpit of America imo BUT my experience is restricted to the NJ Turnpike and Princeton .
Oregon was really nice.I was only there for one summer but loved it.i was @ 50 miles from Northern Cali border.
Good luck to you.

oldhaole

Veteran
What wrong with Hawaii..

Shhhh....Keep it down.

Please let me handle this. :bump:

Hawaii sucks.

Too expensive, no seasons, no nightlife, too small, too far from the mainland, too boring, the locals will beat you up, tourists 24/7, Green Harvest, the flooded market, weed doesn't do well here....

I can think of a few more....give me a minute.

It only took me 45 years to think of these....

Snoopster

Veteran
xefrb.jpg

Colorado is full, the moose out front should have told you.

supermanlives

Veteran
my friend from big bear went to hawaii. he didnt last long he hated it. he is now back and doing his thing again.

GetUpStandUp

my friend from big bear went to hawaii. he didnt last long he hated it. he is now back and doing his thing again.
Holy shit you said big bear, wow aint heard of that place in forever. I , or I should say we had a football game up there, it was the funnest game ever, frickin clouds come roling in in middle of game, nice cool air, but hated the air, it was to thin I had a 60 plus yard run, I felt like I ran for days, damn thats crazy big bear, and rim of the world.

GetUpStandUp

Jamaica , Costa Rica, heading down Caribbean area lol.. headband 707:woohoo:
Yeah I thought bout that as well, but had some peeps go on vaca out there and was turned off by the no jobs, and the govt having things crazy, plus I dont do boats, Or plans, a little bioch when I got to go those routes lol.