What's new

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

Aspenou812

Veteran
I'm glad my stash is holding out... Harvest gaps suck... I'm just beside myself... I want to make wax and goodies... A rosin press and small closed loop system are calling my name... Unless I grow it or make it its not available for the most part... Makes quality a DIY must... Lol y'all have a good day

Aspenou812

Veteran
Keif Tumbler

Keif Tumbler

I'm in need of a solid clean way to dry ice extract all of my trim... Have any of you used a tumbler of any kind? I need recomadations and I need at least a pound at a time... I'm really on the fence between dry sift and water hash

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Aspen that machine cost to much. Just get a portable washing machine, buckets, trash can, and bubble bags.

Here is how you do it. Cut the bottom off some of the buckets. The bottom bucket in the stack will be a full bucket with holes drilled in the bottom. I use 4 gallon square buckets.

You want enough buckets so that you can put the bubble bags in a stack of the cut off buckets. You will place the bag in a cut off bucket then place a cut off bucket on top of the bag to hold it in place. Leave the bag wrapped over the top of a bucket before you place the cut off bucket on top of the bag.

Next place the stack of buckets in a trash can with the full bucket with holes in it on the bottom of the stack. You will take the drain hose from the washer and hook it on the buckets.

In the washing machine you will place a bubble bag that has a zipper. This bag holds the trim to make into bubble. Place in some ice and water with the bag.

Notice in the above picture there is a cut off bucket between each bag. And that there is a cut off bucket holding the top bag in place. The top bag is 220 to catch any leaf that gets threw the bubble bag. Sometimes that bag will come unzipped so you want that 220 bag first. Then just put what ever bags you want below that. I do 120 and 37 below the 220.

Anyway that is a cheaper set up than that machine you were looking at. My machine was $237 and is a 7 gallon machine.

A side benefit is you can just let the machine run while you do other stuff in the grow. I usually run a bag of trim several times till it gets a little green.

Aspenou812

Veteran
Aspen that machine cost to much. Just get a portable washing machine, buckets, trash can, and bubble bags.

Here is how you do it. Cut the bottom off some of the buckets. The bottom bucket in the stack will be a full bucket with holes drilled in the bottom. I use 4 gallon square buckets.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=33219&pictureid=1673610]View Image[/url]

You want enough buckets so that you can put the bubble bags in a stack of the cut off buckets. You will place the bag in a cut off bucket then place a cut off bucket on top of the bag to hold it in place. Leave the bag wrapped over the top of a bucket before you place the cut off bucket on top of the bag.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=33219&pictureid=1673611]View Image[/url]

Next place the stack of buckets in a trash can with the full bucket with holes in it on the bottom of the stack. You will take the drain hose from the washer and hook it on the buckets.

In the washing machine you will place a bubble bag that has a zipper. This bag holds the trim to make into bubble. Place in some ice and water with the bag.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=33219&pictureid=1673612]View Image[/url]

Notice in the above picture there is a cut off bucket between each bag. And that there is a cut off bucket holding the top bag in place. The top bag is 220 to catch any leaf that gets threw the bubble bag. Sometimes that bag will come unzipped so you want that 220 bag first. Then just put what ever bags you want below that. I do 120 and 37 below the 220.

Anyway that is a cheaper set up than that machine you were looking at. My machine was $237 and is a 7 gallon machine.

A side benefit is you can just let the machine run while you do other stuff in the grow. I usually run a bag of trim several times till it gets a little green.

Damn Itchy.... That's exactly like what I'm trying to put together... Thank you... Damn Awesome...
I want to do wet and dry.... I know I'm difficult.... Lol
I want to have permanent stations to work with set up... Wet and Dry they don't have to cost a fortune but need to be durable... And easily cleaned... I was under the impression that those didn't last long for some reason

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
So if you are going to do the dry ice hash here is how you clarify it.

Start with a jar full of water and place the hash in the water.

Shake the piss out of it.

Let it set for about 20 minutes to let the tricombs settle.

Use a spoon to get everything that is floating. You can add water to bring it up to the top of the jar. Just be gentile so you dont disturb the tricomb on the bottom.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
After you have cleaned the floating stuff off slowly pour off the nasty water on the top.

Then you will start over again and do it till the water is clear. Here you can see a first wash and a second wash. Notice in the second wash the water is clearer.

Here is a second wash next to a final wash.

Finally you take a drying screen and put a ring over it on a jar. Make sure the ring is loose because the water will make it expand and it will be damn near impossible to take the ring off. You want the drying screen to form a pocket into the jar.

Next decant the water off the top off the jar. If you go to fast the tricombs will clog the screen. Once you get most of the water out of the jar dump the jar with the filtered water and place the screen back into the jar again and dump the rest of the jar threw the drying screen.

Here is what you end up with when you are done.

Not the greatest stuff for flavor but great to cook with. CO2 hash just doesnt seem to be as good as my bubble.

Aspenou812

Veteran
Itchy what exactly dose the clarifying do? Remove all the plant material and impuritys? It looks amazing...

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Itchy what exactly dose the clarifying do? Remove all the plant material and impuritys? It looks amazing...

Leaf floats and tricombs dont. Same with wax.

It will take out the leaf, wax, dust, and most fine material that will suspend itself in water. This make it smoke smoother and taste better when used to cook with. You also dont get the gritty feel when you use in cooking that leaf will give you.

My dog says hi to the little one. She is ready for Christmas.

LostTribe

Premium user
def try the dry ice. I just used a clean 5gal bucket, dry ice and next time will use just the 150u bag. dump weed in bucket w a bit of dry ice then pull bag all the way down over the bucket agitate for 5 minutes then turn upside down over a clean table top and shake to the other side of the table you may start to see the kif change color so try to separate that out when you collect. I yielded over 30% on the 2 runs I did and its decent stuff but I did 75u and 220u. The 75u is amazing blonde and clean I won't use the 220 next time. Check youtube. As always freeze material overnight before you run but I didn't.

Its super fast compared to bubble and I am a minimalist so the washing machine thing I don't think is for me plus don't you have to buy zipper bags instead of the old school ones?

w dry ice no dry time either. or dealing with trying to scoop out wet trichomes.

LostTribe

Premium user
After you have cleaned the floating stuff off slowly pour off the nasty water on the top.

Then you will start over again and do it till the water is clear. Here you can see a first wash and a second wash. Notice in the second wash the water is clearer.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75482&pictureid=1809041]View Image[/url]

Here is a second wash next to a final wash.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75482&pictureid=1809047]View Image[/url]

Finally you take a drying screen and put a ring over it on a jar. Make sure the ring is loose because the water will make it expand and it will be damn near impossible to take the ring off. You want the drying screen to form a pocket into the jar.

Next decant the water off the top off the jar. If you go to fast the tricombs will clog the screen. Once you get most of the water out of the jar dump the jar with the filtered water and place the screen back into the jar again and dump the rest of the jar threw the drying screen.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75482&pictureid=1809050]View Image[/url]

Here is what you end up with when you are done.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=75482&pictureid=1809051]View Image[/url]

Not the greatest stuff for flavor but great to cook with. CO2 hash just doesnt seem to be as good as my bubble.

Why not just use a smaller micron bag. I ran 75u c99 and its blonder than that. I planned on edibles for the 220 as I despise smoking pre98 bubba kush. The c99 is all for smoke though and I also did 220 c99. Like I said next time i am doing 75 and 150 u. I will see if i can get my camera to do the macros later this week. got a new one and not sure how to use it though just yet.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Why not just use a smaller micron bag. I ran 75u c99 and its blonder than that. I planned on edibles for the 220 as I despise smoking pre98 bubba kush. The c99 is all for smoke though and I also did 220 c99. Like I said next time i am doing 75 and 150 u. I will see if i can get my camera to do the macros later this week. got a new one and not sure how to use it though just yet.

A smaller micron bag would collect more of the plant material. Anyway you do it it will have plant material in it. This will clean that out as well as the waxes that float.

If you cook with it this will reduce or even get rid of the grittiness from the leaf material. It is night and day when you make something like caramels or hard candies when you clean out the leaf.

LostTribe

Premium user
A smaller micron bag would collect more of the plant material. Anyway you do it it will have plant material in it. This will clean that out as well as the waxes that float.

If you cook with it this will reduce or even get rid of the grittiness from the leaf material. It is night and day when you make something like caramels or hard candies when you clean out the leaf.

I scoped both and the smaller 75u bag has almost zero biomass. 75u vs 220u. I will check into it before my next run.

Your statement doesn't fit inline with any previous info I have read or experienced for either bubble ice water hash nor dry ice hash for what its worth.

Have you tried any other size of micron bags? I have an old set with like 6 different 5 gallon bags.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
I scoped both and the smaller 75u bag has almost zero biomass. 75u vs 220u. I will check into it before my next run.

Your statement doesn't fit inline with any previous info I have read or experienced for either bubble ice water hash nor dry ice hash for what its worth.

Have you tried any other size of micron bags? I have an old set with like 6 different 5 gallon bags.

I run on dry ice hash a 120. On bubble I run 220, 120, and either a 75 or 37.

The above pictures I posted were dry ice hash. That is how I clarified it to make caramels. It is in the cooking section. Did it awhile ago.

And what exactly does not fit?