What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

RB56

Veteran
Ok Wall coverings... Mylar, Orca, reflextex what's your choice.... And why do you like it... Pros\Cons
Currently I have white paint and I'm looking for measurable differences...
Use whatever is easy to maintain. I like white paint for that reason. Also makes it easy to see if there are bugs on it.

I wouldn't waste any time chasing reflective surfaces for how much extra light they will add to your grow. Inverse square law says that even a perfectly reflective surface is not going to deliver much, if any, usable light - distance from light to wall to plant. Becomes even less useful when you switch to LEDs and stop throwing light on the walls in the first place.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You may have a copyright issue like Hammerhead had with CBanana or Josey did with GG4. How about something like Josey's Outlaw Glue?

Just to clarify. It wasn't me who had the issue it was utopia farms. They got sued for using that name Chiquita..

RockinRobot

Ok Wall coverings... Mylar, Orca, reflextex what's your choice.... And why do you like it... Pros\Cons
Currently I have white paint and I'm looking for measurable differences...

As someone previously said. Titanium White paint on the walls is an excellent choice, otherwise my preference is PandaFilm with white side out.

Panda film is extremely durable and easy to clean. Maybe easier than the paint.

Aspenou812

Veteran
So now I have a new problem... I have always used 1 gallon air pots for my moms... Now they are too much... Too big... I need smaller pots and two foot tall moms.... Pot size and type suggestions please guys

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
I use 5.5” square containers for my moms...all in soil. The moms do well in those for 5 to 6 months. I’ve actually left some in longer with no ill effects but I try to replace them with new moms sooner to avoid any problems.

I’ve even taken some out of the container, trimmed the foliage back, cut off some of the rootball (sides and bottom), and planted them back with fresh soil. Still no ill effects.

I kinda put my own swing on stuff learned in this thread....
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?threadid=31919&styleid=111

Aspenou812

Veteran
I'm going to have to tame this mom tent way down to easily hold 20+ moms.... That's almost a full time job keeping them happy

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kind of a stupid name for a plant that doesn't even smell remotely or faintly like banana. Went through several ounces of it for the head and I remained unimpressed. It's one cut I had thought, just maybe, was the elusive flower I came across that was called "monkey paw" - but not even close.

Nothing at all "banana" about the Chiquita Banana cut. I was disappointed big time.

dank.Frank

Vanilla Phoenix

Super Lurker
ICMag Donor
Oh I know. I’m running 14 moms in a small space. It’s crazy! Lol

This is an old pic but same mom space. Space is 42”x24”. I’m running 8 up top and 6 down below with aero off to side. I think in this pic it was 6 up top and 4 on bottom. So it’s pretty crammed right now. And they are all in square containers now too...no solo cups. :tiphat:

picture.php

Aspenou812

Veteran
Kind of a stupid name for a plant that doesn't even smell remotely or faintly like banana. Went through several ounces of it for the head and I remained unimpressed. It's one cut I had thought, just maybe, was the elusive flower I came across that was called "monkey paw" - but not even close.

Nothing at all "banana" about the Chiquita Banana cut. I was disappointed big time.

dank.Frank

Dank.... I have a cut... And another one can be had... What cut are you working with? Maybe I can help... Or maybe its invorment or something missing... What's going on... I've tried it before from a friend... It was nice.. Carried the light Bannanas flavor out to the tip of my tounge... A really nice smoke that friend is a way better grower than I am honestly

Aspenou812

Veteran
Oh I know. I’m running 14 moms in a small space. It’s crazy! Lol

This is an old pic but same mom space. Space is 42”x24”. I’m running 8 up top and 6 down below with aero off to side. I think in this pic it was 6 up top and 4 on bottom. So it’s pretty crammed right now. And they are all in square containers now too...no solo cups. :tiphat:

View Image

Yeah 26 in a 4x4 tent... Its crowded a little... And I have more incoming... Gonna be super busy... Fucking love having this problem...

Aspenou812

Veteran
So.... This is a question about the other side of the pond.... EnglishRick and others....
So for years and years Amsterdam carried the torch for us all.... Given Americas new interest in all things Canna... Have you noticed a slowdown in genetic developments? Iherd for years and years the most prized genetics were shared from America... We Aren't sharing much these days... So what's going on over there.... Where are the European Cannabis cup genetics at these days...

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nope. Things haven't slowed there. Any breeder with common sense and business acumen has contracted seed operations in Spain for the international markets while staying compliant in their respective states.

Those cuts and such, eventually, "leak" - to the standard fair Amsterdam companies, creating a better menu for those brands. I think the EU breeders have begun to take a more collaborative approach in order to compete with American brands. You don't see that in the labels themselves, but you see it with what plants are being shared between houses again.

Amsterdam has always been fueled by genetics from the USA - it's what started it to begin with. Culturally, the meca has always been northern California. They've always pushed the gauntlet forward.

Chem/Sour/OG, are the east coast exceptions. They were given birth on the east coast and made famous on the west coast. Much the same way, things were given birth on the west coast and made famous in Amsterdam.

Things have shifted in the EU - so perhaps, your question revolves more around genetic development and progression - which even so, they have a numbers advantage still, so I think you'll still see the same progress being made within gene pools, in the EU - it's just being done for different(more) breeders/labels than it was in the past 30 years.

dank.Frank

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

dank.Frank

The CB cut I got directly from rb26 smelled just like ripe bananas to me. It never tasted like banana though. After growing her for a few years I wasn't impressed with her potency even though she 's labeled as 1 of the most potent in some publications(it's why I have no faith in potency testing) I never had any tested. Her aroma was the reason she was kept for that long. I cant remember who but someone found 1 in my S1's that had that banana smell. Not that many have the CB clone. Im pretty sure Aspen is growing 1 of my CBS1?.

Cbanana

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nope. Things haven't slowed there. Any breeder with common sense and business acumen has contracted seed operations in Spain for the international markets while staying compliant in their respective states.

Those cuts and such, eventually, "leak" - to the standard fair Amsterdam companies, creating a better menu for those brands. I think the EU breeders have begun to take a more collaborative approach in order to compete with American brands. You don't see that in the labels themselves, but you see it with what plants are being shared between houses again.

Amsterdam has always been fueled by genetics from the USA - it's what started it to begin with. Culturally, the meca has always been northern California. They've always pushed the gauntlet forward.

Chem/Sour/OG, are the east coast exceptions. They were given birth on the east coast and made famous on the west coast. Much the same way, things were given birth on the west coast and made famous in Amsterdam.

Things have shifted in the EU - so perhaps, your question revolves more around genetic development and progression - which even so, they have a numbers advantage still, so I think you'll still see the same progress being made within gene pools, in the EU - it's just being done for different(more) breeders/labels than it was in the past 30 years.

dank.Frank

I agree, USA supplied all of there good strains. Im sure they have some killers but for the most part it originated from us.

Last edited:

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
The CB cut I got directly from rb26 smelled just like ripe bananas to me. It never tasted like banana though. After growing her for a few years I wasn't impressed with her potency even though she 's labeled as 1 of the most potent in some publications(it's why I have no faith in potency testing) I never had any tested. Her aroma was the reason she was kept for that long. I cant remember who but someone found 1 in my S1's that had that banana smell. Not that many have the CB clone. Im pretty sure Aspen is growing 1 of my CBS1.

She is. It is my #4 cut from seeds you gave to me to test run.

She does not have the banana smell as far as I can tell. But I dont have a good sense of smell so some one else will have to say for sure. She does smell fruity in flower. Very popular with people and asked for from many people who have smoked her before.

CBanana S-1 cut #4 from Hammerhead seeds

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How long did u take her?. Looks a bit early. I haven't grown many CBS1 myself. I still have a few hundred left to look through someday.

Ichabod Crane

Veteran
Also on that CBanana it will knock out a light smoker. I know two people who wont smoke it because they dont want to get knocked out and just want to get high. It is a up lifting high that will let you slow down and relax. And it wont put you to sleep if you are a regular user.

Fruity taste with a nice fruity smell that can be a little floral as well.

Easy to grow and I have not had a anther from it yet. And I have grown about 10 or 12 plants. I have done things that should have caused it to put out anthers but it didnt.