What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

SuperWeed

Hiya Bobbo....
The manifold allows you to maintain a constant pressure and output rate at each Hydro Halo if it's set up right. the other end of the setup is a little more complex, you have to run a large pump, i run the Danner Mag Drive pondmaster pumps for this setup i have the 500 gallon per hour. in my testing this manifold was under an ounce of difference in the output between the 6 hydro halos. Yes my pump could burn through my 20 gallon res in less than a minute if left on. It is a high pressure system and the titan recycle timer will time my feeding cycles and the pump will only run for about 10 seconds per cycle. COCO and multi feeds a day say every three hours for 10 seconds at a time..... Ill post pictures of the pump side of the irrigation system when i'm all done with that install......

My drain tray is 4 foot 6 inches square at its widest part there is a condensate pump sitting below the tray so it drains automatically, the trellis is 4 foot x 4 foot x 2 foot, see how the trellis sits in the bottom of the tray and the manifold sits both outside and above the trellis.....

Yea Bobbo mono cropping works best with this system but you could do a sea of green in your tent and automate the Irrigation....

I must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Aspenou812 again.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Hiya Bobbo....
The manifold allows you to maintain a constant pressure and output rate at each Hydro Halo if it's set up right. the other end of the setup is a little more complex, you have to run a large pump, i run the Danner Mag Drive pondmaster pumps for this setup i have the 500 gallon per hour. in my testing this manifold was under an ounce of difference in the output between the 6 hydro halos. Yes my pump could burn through my 20 gallon res in less than a minute if left on. It is a high pressure system and the titan recycle timer will time my feeding cycles and the pump will only run for about 10 seconds per cycle. COCO and multi feeds a day say every three hours for 10 seconds at a time..... Ill post pictures of the pump side of the irrigation system when i'm all done with that install......

My drain tray is 4 foot 6 inches square at its widest part there is a condensate pump sitting below the tray so it drains automatically, the trellis is 4 foot x 4 foot x 2 foot, see how the trellis sits in the bottom of the tray and the manifold sits both outside and above the trellis.....

Yea Bobbo mono cropping works best with this system but you could do a sea of green in your tent and automate the Irrigation....

Wow, I'm surprised they are all even and very close to the same output at each halo. Even though I made the same length hose at each end of the hose at the T the output is usually a little more than the other. I also try to keep the halo's at the same height so it won't flow out of the lower height halo.

My timer only goes down to the minute so I do 1 minute intervals. I don't usually auto feed in veg but my last two SSSDH's were being fed 5 x a day in flower, just chopped them this morning.

I'm still fairly new at auto feeding but are 10 sec interval's long enough?, must go longer as they get big and a bigger root ball?

Thanks.

Aspenou812

Veteran
Wow, I'm surprised they are all even and very close to the same output at each halo. Even though I made the same length hose at each end of the hose at the T the output is usually a little more than the other. I also try to keep the halo's at the same height so it won't flow out of the lower height halo.

My timer only goes down to the minute so I do 1 minute intervals. I don't usually auto feed in veg but my last two SSSDH's were being fed 5 x a day in flower, just chopped them this morning.

I'm still fairly new at auto feeding but are 10 sec interval's long enough?, must go longer as they get big and a bigger root ball?

Thanks.

with my 500 gph pump and six halos the pressure and output are great, right now 6 seconds gives me 10% runoff but i can increase that by the seconds in the future and i'm sure ill have to do just that. 10% runoff is a must so ill have to watch it as the plants get bigger.....

~star~crash~

with my 500 gph pump and six halos the pressure and output are great, right now 6 seconds gives me 10% runoff but i can increase that by the seconds in the future and i'm sure ill have to do just that. 10% runoff is a must so ill have to watch it as the plants get bigger.....

that's gonna save U a LOT of labor

Aspenou812

Veteran
The last time I increased the power on the light and bumped the feed solution they shot up by 3 1/2 to 4 inches, that's bare branch and stem growth, I'm going to leave the light and solution where it is for a few more days but I have to start combating the height issue now, I topped them successfully and femed them unsuccessfully, now it's time to starte super cropping and using LST, my goal is simple lay the tops and all that bare stem growth over to get the lowers coming up to form tops that I can later top. I will stop all efforts to get them bushy 7 days before I flip to flower............today is day 15 of this grow.

Aspenou812

Veteran
so tonight i'm just watching the grow. My system is working just like i want it to so that's great and the plants look good, nice and dark green very healthy... At the moment my biggest problem is well me, i'm finally doing a big grow.... and i'm finding it difficult to sit by and let them grow every day i want to do more.... but i know i have to wait. let them do their thing.... I hope i'm not over posting... or being to annoying....... and hey i'm a girl and i'm suppose to worry about those things lol.........hehehehehehe

Aspenou812

Veteran
you stay there, I like that bikini

for a second i was like what's he talking about..... i haven't posted any KINI Pictures lmfao...... um but i guess i did.....OOPS...... that's just how i dress when i'm at home im from Florida...... it's hot as fuck 10 months out of the year and a POOL is a must! when i'm not working im normally outside.... But now i have a new indoor hobby i'm:):):) Obsessing over

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
so tonight i'm just watching the grow. My system is working just like i want it to so that's great and the plants look good, nice and dark green very healthy... At the moment my biggest problem is well me, i'm finally doing a big grow.... and i'm finding it difficult to sit by and let them grow every day i want to do more.... but i know i have to wait. let them do their thing.... I hope i'm not over posting... or being to annoying....... and hey i'm a girl and i'm suppose to worry about those things lol.........hehehehehehe

I'm the same way. Always feels like I should be doing more when at the grow. What I do is , organize, clean, rearrange plants(according to size). Then bundle cords, make sure everything is as easy as possible to use/get at. Then when I get really bored, I'll start cleaning out the bottoms and insides of vegging plants.

Bobbo4200

Veteran
Yeah you've got this Aspen! Try to let them grow but they'll reward you for the love they're feeling. Keep posting, looking great!

Hi Aspen:

Good job so far on your grow! I have a few questions for you. What are your temps and humidity like in your room during light cycle? What is the distance your gavita is above your canopy? I see you are on a 750 watt setting and you mentioned 9' ceiling height.

The reason I ask is that Gavitas are great lights in the right hands but they are notorious for being almost too strong for small enclosed spaces. They put out A LOT of IR heat along with that high PAR value. These lights were actually originally designed for greenhouse use only. I have experience running these indoors and can give you a few tips if you like.

While you are having positive growth your earlier pictures looked like to the plants may have been experiencing heat stress and light bleaching rather than nute deficient. I didnt find any info in your posts about the temps your running and distance the light is above your plants.

Best of luck and good job so far.

Aspenou812

Veteran
Hi Aspen:

Good job so far on your grow! I have a few questions for you. What are your temps and humidity like in your room during light cycle? What is the distance your gavita is above your canopy? I see you are on a 750 watt setting and you mentioned 9' ceiling height.

The reason I ask is that Gavitas are great lights in the right hands but they are notorious for being almost too strong for small enclosed spaces. They put out A LOT of IR heat along with that high PAR value. These lights were actually originally designed for greenhouse use only. I have experience running these indoors and can give you a few tips if you like.

While you are having positive growth your earlier pictures looked like to the plants may have been experiencing heat stress and light bleaching rather than nute deficient. I didnt find any info in your posts about the temps your running and distance the light is above your plants.

Best of luck and good job so far.

Yea its a big learning curve that's for sure, If my light gets closer than 3 feet even at 600w it causes light stress, the fading was the plants saying they were still hungry. I'm still feeding at 1.0 ec but it's been a week now and I've totally left them alone and let them do there own thing, they have really greened up nicely at this point, tonight I'll start to train them, LST and super cropping, I'll take any tips on the light I can get at this point. My plan is simple build a solid system, and I think I've done that and grow two pounds of high quality bud. That's what I'm after I have to fill this area up I need bushes if I'm going to be successful.