What's new

GIRL's GOT SKILLS

Aspenou812

Veteran
Got everything packed up.... The bike is in the back of the truck... Boat is hooked up... Bags packed if we have to go all that's left to go is hop in the truck and go... I'm worried about the power.... My generator isn't working... It was fine last week... Not a huge generator but it will keep the well freezers and internet on.... Now it won't start up.... Just my luck....

dansbuds

Retired from the workforce Bullshit
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been getting everything prepped and storm ready.... I'm outside now and the winds don't feel right.... I'm 380 miles away from the keys... And I have 30 knot winds right now.... Landfall in the morning... The storm is moving to the west... If it misses landfall and comes north through the water I'm fucked.... I'm getting concerned... I would stay without hesatition but with Little Dove I'm concerned ..... M&M has her family packed up just in case... Its the winds.... They just don't feel right..... The strong salt smell.... Just not right.... Everything here is locked down.... Think ill start packing.... Just in case

the storms shifting west .... & if it does your right in the path !!! only hope is that the gulf slows it down a little by the time it hits the handle !!! please be safe !!!!

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
you've got my number .... not sure if you have some place to go if you do have to leave , but i'm a 20hr drive to get here & i have a 29' camper on a seasonal site your more than welcome to stay in as long as you need . or you could even stay here , we'd make room for you !

bugman52

Bug Scissor Hand
Veteran
Got everything packed up.... The bike is in the back of the truck... Boat is hooked up... Bags packed if we have to go all that's left to go is hop in the truck and go... I'm worried about the power.... My generator isn't working... It was fine last week... Not a huge generator but it will keep the well freezers and internet on.... Now it won't start up.... Just my luck....
Thats good u r pack & ready to go if need be.
you've got my number .... not sure if you have some place to go if you do have to leave , but i'm a 20hr drive to get here & i have a 29' camper on a seasonal site your more than welcome to stay in as long as you need . or you could even stay here , we'd make room for you !

u can drive/stop in here, is only 7-8 hr away ,altho the storm wouls chase u all the way, my camper is full of weed but i have spare room lol
be safe Aspen & little dove.bugman

packerfan79

Veteran
Hey Aspenous, stay safe. Material possessions are not worth putting your self in danger. Clones can be replaced, family can't. Praying for your safety and the safety of all Americans in the path of the storm.

Aspenou812

Veteran
From my location the roads are clear or moving.... I hate to leave the plants but ill not risk it with Little Dove.... Ill run... I can't risk it with her.... The boat has 220 gallons and the truck is full the bike is full.... Guns are loaded the m4 shotgun is in the front seat and my 45 is on my side.... People are acting crazy....

Aspenou812

Veteran
My quiet little town has been turned upside down... State police at the gas stations.... Had a few fights and scraps people are on the edge.... But it looks like they have downgraded it now and the storm has gone to ground... And is moving north east away from us... We have already been called for emt and rescue work in the keys... Not a good sign for my fellow Floridians...

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
My quiet little town has been turned upside down... State police at the gas stations.... Had a few fights and scraps people are on the edge.... But it looks like they have downgraded it now and the storm has gone to ground... And is moving north east away from us... We have already been called for emt and rescue work in the keys... Not a good sign for my fellow Floridians...

normally i imagine you'd already be on your way there .... what are you going to do now that zoeys in the picture ?

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
how about stay at home and take care of your kid and garden? lol
welcome to parenthood,theres no choice...you take care of the kid and tell your stories of back in the day to all the other boring parents you're going to be hanging out with now as your fun friends slowly peel away...sad,but likely true

Thirdtime

Nice job and documentation on your first grow. Finally finished reading all of it.
Back about 100 pages you were showing pictures of your power supply. What you called a snorkel looking thing is a riser and weather head. Not a very good pic but from what I could see only 3 wires going into the WH, if so you may have straight 3 phase power with no neutral. Did you ever have your friend look at it for you? Have you ever checked the voltage at the panel?

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah i think Uncs got a point ! like it or not . your a mom now & i can't see you leaving her with someone else for a few days . you've become to attached ! & thats a good thing !

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice job and documentation on your first grow. Finally finished reading all of it.
Back about 100 pages you were showing pictures of your power supply. What you called a snorkel looking thing is a riser and weather head. Not a very good pic but from what I could see only 3 wires going into the WH, if so you may have straight 3 phase power with no neutral. Did you ever have your friend look at it for you? Have you ever checked the voltage at the panel?

theres a neutral line there too , she has 110 power in the shop .

Aspenou812

Veteran
In twenty eight years I have never once not taken the call for help.... This is a difficult decision for me.... But ill not expose My Little Dove to the disaster zones.... Not yet I just cant do that to her... She's to young to see people hurting like that... I feel like I have made a selfish decision... But it wasn't made with my interest in mind..... There is no leaving her behind... That's not an option for me.... When she's older and certified then we will be able to go together... Then that's another story all together... God Damn It... FML..... She's to young to see death... And with her with me I would be distracted ....28 years.... God Damn it why dose this feel like I'm being selfish.....

dansbuds

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Your NOT !!! your thinking of the welfare of a child thats in your care ! if she were in her teens she'd understand , but at 8 shes not going to fully understand the whole situation . & staying with her even though its not what you are used to doing ... is the only real thing you can do at this point .