What's new

Girlfriend dumps guy because he has cancer...

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
but she still wants his tickets to the Super Bowl!

not a sports thread, a human interest tale for the Den.

Jason Elia spent $8,000 for two tickets to Sunday's Super Bowl and was going to take his football-loving girlfriend.

But she broke up with him first. The reason? He has cancer.

Elia said that his girlfriend "could not handle the stress of having a boyfriend with cancer."

Now, she wants the tickets back, because he intended them to be for her.

Instead, Elia is going to give them away. He appeared on ESPN 97.5 in Houston and said he would give the tickets to whomever helps him get the most followers on Twitter.

Using #WinMyExsSuperBowlTickets, he has gained thousands of followers on his Twitter account so far.

He said it's not about revenge, but because he "wants to give someone the same enjoyment that he thought he was going to get with someone he loved."

The good news for Elia, he has an 87 percent chance of survival and has close to 10,000 followers on Twitter.

here's another link including some audio
by Jason Elias ESPN interview: ESPN 97.5

time to get your chick hatin' hat on....... :blowbubbles:

ixnay007

"I can't remember the last time I had a blackout"
Veteran
Of course it's only women that do these sort of things, right?

Sundance

Go to the game

Take your Dad ... your Brother ... or your best friend

Have a wonderful time ... enjoy life .. and forget all about one stupid girl

Sundance

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hell I know a thousand men that would spend 8,000 to find out you have not found THE ONE instead of the 80,000,000,000,000 it would take to TRY to make her happy.

Poor guy but yet lucky bastard, I say good karma will be coming his way soon enough.

Be Well
Mr.Wags

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

I'd bet she already had someone in mind to take to the Bowl, what a sweetheart.

w/o a doubt karma's gonna bite this gal hard one day.......

another news clip: read the last few lines, a webcam girl is supposedly in the lead.

deadspin story

The headline pretty much says it all, doesn't it? John Wessling and Anson Ainsworth, radio show hosts in Houston, pass along this incredible story of bitchiness and greed. Jason Elia, a television writer living in Nashville, went to the trouble of getting Super Bowl tickets for himself and his girlfriend and was even going to propose to her at the game on Christmas, but life got in the way. He was diagnosed with bladder cancer and upon hearing the news, his girlfriend apparently dumped him on the spot.

Now, she still wants the tickets because she claims they were purchased with her in mind. Rather than suffering such an injustice, Jason is auctioning the tickets off on Twitter. Whoever gets Jason the most Twitter followers by the end of the Pro Bowl will get the tickets. Currently a webcam girl is in the lead, promising five minute shows to anyone who follows Jason. She has sent approximately 250 followers so far. You can find Jason on twitter at @notjasonelia.

Mrs.Babba

THE CHIMNEY!!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We dont know the whole story, but of course she will get bashed, ohh wait.......already happened!

:mad:

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We dont know the whole story, but of course she will get bashed, ohh wait.......already happened!

:mad:

the only way I don't believe the story is if it's nothing but a lie for Jason to garner twitter followers, I am however reserving the right to assume that it's a true story and this girl will continue to be deservedly bashed by better men than I.......

btw, had there been a gender flopped story of equal interest floating about I'd gladly bash the guy coveting those ballet tickets instead.

:tiphat:

EDIT:
an in depth look at it by lawyers on Fox News
FOX News Kelly's Court

"She calls him every day and demands the tickets"

Last edited:

BiG H3rB Tr3E

"No problem can be solved from the same level of c
Veteran
A guy that bought his girlfriend (who loves football mire than him)is giving the tickets away in spite? Either his girlfriends name is Greg or he's got a bigger pussy than she doe.

L

LouDog420

A guy that bought his girlfriend (who loves football mire than him)is giving the tickets away in spite? Either his girlfriends name is Greg or he's got a bigger pussy than she doe. And what kind of name is Ella for a dude???

One toke over the line... sweet jesus, one toke over the line...

:laughing:

Jason Elia is his name, and pretending to play nice is his game

Ya know that shit is all about spite, but who's to say it isn't deserved ;)

G

greenmatter

yeah but if a guy does he can run for president later

:laughing: they just have to wait till folks forget how full of shit they are

the half life of memory seems to be decreasing .......... fuckin fast

Space Toker

Veteran
If true, that is about as low as you can go. I know how it is though, been through my own shitty situations as I'm sure most have. So yeah there really are these types of scum out there!

Last edited:

Space Toker

Veteran
as for those tickets, my brother and I would love to go but would feel bad taking advantage of that dude's situation to do so. Besides, too short notice imagine trying to find a hotel room within 100 miles of there now!