What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

girl takes pics of bubbles :-)

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Argon is a chemical for one. Plenty of argon in Power and Vector. Check the list for Near Zero Impurities Butane. I believe Vector just made the list, but not sure if it is the same Vector sold here in the states.

I aint trying to sound smart, cause I am not. I do know that BHO is a nasty product and I have made it with all types of butane. The shit made with Power was the worst! It waxed up and the chemicals never seemed to leave. I had samples for over 6 months that still had that sulfur dioxide(another chemical added to shitty butane) smell going on. I think another term for the chemical smell added is mercaptins, but I am not sure if I am remembering that right.

I however keep seeing people posting shit about BHO all over here and 90% is bubbly un purged nastiness, coupled with the fact that what I see being sold is un purged and fresh off the pyrex. Aint trying to start a pissing contest at all, but I guess I am sick of seeing people smoking chemicals. That is all. Go ahead and get defensive Mister Knowitall. I like her pics that she took, just not the product. I stopped making BHO well over a year ago because it just didnt seem right. I will take the slightly lower potency bubble hash made with clean water and ice. Most butane is toxic if ingested. I dont even like using a lighter anymore.

Sorry ice toker. Your the man! What butane did you use btw?

You may have been misled with some of the butane hoopla bro!

Near Zero impurities is a specific manufacturers Madison Avenue designation, not an industrial standard. If you read the small print, it means that there are less than 50ppm impurities in the form of oleaginous waxes (paraffin) in it.

Studies measuring the impurities in their product shows the contamination is actually below 15 ppm, which is what their competitors butane measured too. It actually has to do with how likely the paraffin content is likely to plug the small orifices of expensive butane lighters, because paraffin is non toxic.

Methyl Mercaptan is used in stove fuel to give it an odor, because butane is mostly odorless. They are not required to and don't put it in lighter fuel or R-600 N-Butane refrigerant that they use in food products as a propellant.

Butane is just four carbon molecules in a chain with 10 hydrogen atoms attached. The MSDS lists no LD-50, because it is relatively non toxic.

As far as argon contamination, maybe at some very low level, but argon is widely used for its inert and non toxic properties. If there was very much present, the butane would lose its thermal properties and would be unsuitable for heating.

More likely to find helium in butane, because natural gas is where most industrial helium comes from these days. They in fact remove it from the natural gas to increase the gases heat output per unit volume. Helium is also extremely inert.

I assume I am not whom you perceived to be a know it all, because rest assured I don't know squat overall, but I too have tried the different methods and come to a different conclusion than you have.

I personally like it all, when it is done right, but panel testing the different products most assuredly shows that different people like different things.

Clearly you prefer bubble hash, but it sounds like you have been misled and it is perhaps not for all the right reasons.

BongRipkenJR.

Gray Wolf: I catch what you are throwing. I realize Bubble Hash heads have pushed against BHO with no real evidence for a long time. However I am not going to go inhale Argon, helium, nitrogen, or any of the other gas like that if I can help it. BHO is a lot healthier than smoking marijuana however. Smoking buds has something like 480 chemicals in it and some of them are known causes of cancers. I am sorry for the harsh take of BHO. My experience with all BHO, not just my own is I get headaches after. ISO hasnt given me headaches even though it seems a lot dirtier. One thing about BHO that trips me out is the fact that it usually only comes in at 89% THC. What is the other 11%? Plant material? Chemicals? Why hasn't there been thorough studies on this? Just speculation form people that either hate it or love it.

From my understanding(been awhile since I researched this stuff) the near zero impurities is a label that is put on certain brands of butane that make the cut for having clean butane. I was under the impression that it was not a companies branding or marketing ploy. Power 5x is disgusting imo! Vector is passable and Colibri has been the kindest to me. Lovely stuff! Colibri also purged over 2 months quicker than the others which led me to believe that there was more impurities in the power and vector. The new vector seems pretty ok, but the power for sure has mercaptins in it. It stinks like a skunks ass and leaves hella residue on a piece of glass.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
However I am not going to go inhale Argon, helium, nitrogen, or any of the other gas like that if I can help it.

Hey BongRipkenJr,

You can't help it; there's no chance of you avoiding breathing in Nitrogen, Argon or Helium as long as you live on earth.

Nitrogen makes up slightly over %78 percent of the air you breathe!

Argon almost makes up 1%

The concentration of Helium is much lower but still makes up .05% of the air in the atmosphere.

-Chimera

Blueshark

Mrs. I.... Beautiful pics. I made my first ever qwiso and had bubbles in it. Stones me....

Great job, Icetoker.....Blue

ICETOKER

Sharing Is Caring!
Veteran
And to end the discussion: First the oil was still very warm from the pan when i scraped it with the razor... hence all the bubbles!! Full of butane!!

And second it was a 2nd run bho... that tends to be alot darker than the 1st run (in my case). I is not by far what i call prima oil, that i get from 1st run. But i like the sedative effects it gives.... very good for a good nights sleep and that is very importante when you have 4 small young ones in the house!

This is first run..... it stabilized into ear wax very quickly and imho is the best oil i have had!!! Purged to perfection... no bubbles ;-)

picture.php

... it turning out like wax is i guess a strain thing but it wasent wipped up in any way!!

peace

icetoker

L

longearedfriend

why did you have to write girls takes pics of bubbles in the title ?

could have figured out from your username

BongRipkenJR.

Ok, so I pulled out some year old BHO last night. I had to try it, since it had been awhile. Even with great butane there was such a big difference between it 6 months and it now. After a year of sitting out it was tastier, smoother, no crackles what so ever, just bubbled like full met and disappeared. Actually pleasant to smoke. Who knows if there is anything bad for you in it. After a bit more reading I am under the impression that nugs are actually unsafe and the BHO just has gasses, but no dioxides or anything like that. 6 months my lady and I hated it despite its potency. Even all the others I made I hated the smokeability of them even though they were potent as fuck! I think I will make another run and just let it sit for a year or so.

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Ok, so I pulled out some year old BHO last night. I had to try it, since it had been awhile. Even with great butane there was such a big difference between it 6 months and it now. After a year of sitting out it was tastier, smoother, no crackles what so ever

crackling is if there was water in it. thats what makes it pop and sputter when you try and dab.

@ BongRipken, i had a huge post up for you but I just saw your last post on this topic, awesome man. and yeah once you use bho only your health goes way up man, try it for a few weeks, see if you like it better. your lungs will thank you for sure

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
I stopped making BHO well over a year ago because it just didnt seem right....I dont even like using a lighter anymore.
Seems like you stopped making BHO because you can't seem to pull your head outta yer arse!
:blowbubbles:

So, since you proclaim that you know little or nothing about actual process please refrain from commenting further. These guys know what the fuck they are talking about, and I am learning a lot from them.

No lighter, eh? So what you use a solar lighter? All combustion creates nasty chemicals for your lungs to absorb. Unless you eat the shit, you are pumping yourself with nasty chemicals.
And is your coco grow all organic?
We don't need another Organic Nazi on this site...

If people choose to vape the oil. Let them, leave the opinions at home and bring only science.

And yes, shitty butane has mercaptans (sp?), among other things. Which is why we use highly refined 'tane.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
Thanks for the great support, guy´s. I´m new to this online-stuff and trying not to take it personally...thanx to the nice ones I DON´T.... and BTW.....it was still purging if you didn´t notice....... i just took some pics while the hubby was making it!!!!!
And damn proud of them!!!!

greetz and good karma
Mrs.Icetoker