What's new

Girl Scout Cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hows the yield on that bubblegum? I wanna cross cookies to a real high yielder n look for a keeper...

Getmo - I "accidently" created some GSC x UK Cheese, I think it will prove "interesting". I will be running it next run.

big twinn

Veteran
Hmmm, I wonder. Its hard to tell from that picture. I have only grown her once thus far and have another in flower now. Buds look about the same size, no bigger. But, the cut I got as IOBG has a lot of lateral meristem growth and when flowered has a lot of bud sites. Its hard to explain the smell I get from her. Sweet def. is the easiest way to describe the entire smell. Almost a milky honey fig newtonish smell. Of course thats totally subjective and we have different environments but who knows. My leaves didn't turn that purple though, then again I flowered her during the summer so she didn't see to much cold if any at all below 70. Once this semester is over I'll add more recent pictures that show a better visual representation of what I am talking about. In the mean time, I have pictures of her in my gallery from the last run, though I don't think I got around to uploading the pictures I took when i harvested her (once time permits).
Enjoy your evening JBonez.
BT

MOneYMiKe

Patriot Father 2a Defender /Breeder
Veteran
gsc
picture.php

picture.php

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
GSC crosses yield lots of phenotypic variation, but isnt that the fun in crosses? and also many breeders work is something along this line....only a few seed releases are generally completely uniform. seems there are 2 markets for seeds, BX crosses that closely resemble the original clone and are sold under the original clones name, and crosses that will have many results and arent sold to be something they arent...sometimes when i buy a pack its because i want to find something close to the original clone but with some added flair...and others i pop simply because it sounds like an interesting mix and the mystery around what random shit will happen is what makes it interesting.

my S1s are all over the map, one pheno came out almost exactly like OG kush...another looked like forum cut but smells like insense and spicy haze, others look like random grape kushy hybrids.....havent found one that resembles the original yet in terms of smell. gonna run some of the fire og crosses next...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
some GSC fed HG coco with beastie bloomz, sugaree, too much random shit, one dose of bushload before flip, next run gonna simplify and keep more uniform, fucked around this round due to being busy with outdoor harvest...seemed to stack pretty nice, this nug was dead center under the 1kw hood, most of the others seemed to foxtail a bit more because temps hit 85 for a week or so...
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
Whoa Yes4! did the bushload inhibit the stretch also? or just make it stack? made it look like a whole different cut ... Sick! how's it smell smoke???

MrDank

Veteran
please correct me if I'm mistaken, but from what I gather, the "Forum" cut is bland and smells nothing like thin mint Girl Scout Cookies? The reason I'm confused is because I thought it was safe to assume that GSC smells and tastes like Girl Scout Cookies

is there a GSC cut that backs it up?

big twinn

Veteran
MrDank: grown well, in my case grown organically the forum cut smells outstanding. Far from bland. It also progressively smells stronger and more complex as she cures. Depending on the environment, the forum cut has been noted to express a wide variety of scent characteristics. In my own experience, in my personal environment, she smells very similar to an OG, but without the lemon citrus, instead replaced with a mentholated acetone (nail polish remover) type of aroma. Its almost like it has a sweet delicious acetone (nail polish) like smell component to it. On top of that, there is a really creamy sugar cookie-ish smell as well that includes an earthy funky minty menthol like smell, that really opens up my (currently stuffy) nostrils. In my opinion, that is where the "thin mint" component hides, not to far from a chocolatey creaming slightly mentholated (which maybe described as minty) background component that could be interpreted as "thin mint"- others might not agree, depending on how thier GSC was grown. There is def. a nice deep funky earthy OG like component, along with an array of other smells, making for one of the most unique complex smells I have experienced out of cannabis. Honestly, I prefer her smell after a 3 month cure over the smells that all my OG's produce.
If your smoking "bland" cookies, then it was not grown to its full potential. The first time I smoked GSC, my impression was that it had a really bland taste/smell unless you stuck your whole nose in the jar, no where near like the flavor and smell intensity of my OGs, but after having grown her myself, my way, that first impression was completely erased from my memory with how good she turned out in comparison.

I still would like to know how all the different cuts, mainly the forum vs the OGKB compare in flavor and potency. I can't imagine it getting any better, but if it does I'd love to track down that platinum.
BT

L

LumpStatus

please correct me if I'm mistaken, but from what I gather, the "Forum" cut is bland and smells nothing like thin mint GS Cookies? The reason I'm confused is because I thought it was safe to assume that GSC smells and tastes like GS Cookies

is there a GSC cut that backs it up?

That's kind of a blanket statement considering there are many different flavors of gsc cookies. Take every flavor, throw it in a blender and that's what gsc cookies is suoossed to smell like?

Thin mints is what you are looking for. Whether the forum, ogkb or platinum is the best representation is to be determined by the grower. YOU get to decide which is best IF you can manage to track them down.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Whoa Yes4! did the bushload inhibit the stretch also? or just make it stack? made it look like a whole different cut ... Sick! how's it smell smoke???

i used bushload one dose a week prior to flipping to 12/12 it stopped stretch that week for sure and made the nodes all bunch up.. but i stopped using it at flip and they all took off and stretched 2x like normal, some colas even got within 2-3 inches of the glass on the hood, and surprisingly didnt burn they just foxtailed a bit...yield on bushload side is way more than the non treated side..more branches and larger top colas...

smell is intense...kind of like how BT described. i do kind of get an acetone scent in there, not in a bad way. and yes it has hints of both OG and bubba kush leaning on mint and menthol, with underlying smells of sugar cookies, and i swear in flower on the forum there is a tiny bit of candy grape in there too that kind of dissapears on drying..and on exhale the smoke is usually very thick clouds and leaves a nice after taste..

its a very complex smell and hard to describe....like i said earlier its foolish to base a strain on a percieved smell alone, because everyone has a different palatte and memory of smells, so one person might get fresh muffins while another gets baked cookies..and another might get a subpar sample and say it smells like fortune and is bland. any GSC that is picked early or isnt grown properly usually gets renamed "fortune cookies" on the general market..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts