What's new

Girl Scout Cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
UP - Curious as to how you cure your buds up for consumption. I am familiar with most techniques but curious of your style of curing and any info. would be appreciated.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
*What I prefer*

On harvest day I cut off individual branches and fan leaves...hang dry 7-10 days...trim close leave on a drying tray for at least a week agitating/turning daily...jar around day 21...burp a lot during week one at least as much time open as closed...then week two around 8 hours a day...week 3 you can do it less but at least a couple hours a day...by the end of the 3 and start of the 4th week of cure you'll start receiving complaints about your packs being too loud.

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thats a SLOW cure... NICE! Whats the longest you've ever let them sit in the jar? and how does the smell change/intensify?

V

Veg N Out

I always found that my nugs were loudest fresh..Seems like somethings wrong if it takes a month for your gear to be stankin...

Infinitesimal

my strength is a number, and my soul lies in every
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If dried and cured properly "buds" in general... usually only get smellier... but some strains are different than others in regards to the perfect cure length.

but thats just my experience combined with what I have noticed from others as well... Ive noticed my SB cuts are best about 4-6 weeks after the chop, any longer and the smell and taste change to a more dark earthy hashy smell and taste... and have read similar things about Bubba being best sooner rather than later. yet I have other cuts that get better and better as long as I can keep them sealed in the jar... my ChemDD at 6months in the Jar is ridiculously loud and tasty, much more so than fresh, not that its is any slouch at harvest either!

Peace,
Infi

S

stems&seeds

If I leave my buds out for 10 days they would be past 50% maybe more? Depending on the plant 4-6 days max to get a 60%rh wit hthe buds crispy out the outside. I dry my palnts until there 50%rh amd then jar. I dont need to burp nerly as much and the smell is much better... I think 60% is to high to jar at.IMO...

Relentless

Veteran
curing all depends on the conditions imo.
I cut and hang till the branches almost start to break5-7 days usually here.. usually they enter the jars and its 70%rh, turn the buds in the jars/burp over 3weeks and drop the rh to 59 or so.. and curing is done.. although i do have some buds that have been in jars for 2+yrs :D

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
I always found that my nugs were loudest fresh..Seems like somethings wrong if it takes a month for your gear to be stankin...

with my animal its definately this case...the nugs are super loud during the first few months but after 3-4 months in jars with burping, they loose a little of their intial appeal and seem to harden up, not as sticky or smelly.

with the OGs however it can cure realll long and still have that lemony mint kush taste...

G

GOOROO

reversed white pollen will be hitting the gsc this week.

cookies and cream .......
DWD

Told you gooroo the guys over here have all kinds if names down already bro..

I know there doing strawberry cookies but I'm still doing my own. Doesn't hurt to try..

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
well then...sumbody better get cracking on the next "bigthing"....

Sour Cookies
Power Cookies
Cookies & Chez
pineapple cookies

oreo...chocolope x cookies
Colombian creeper cookies
Bubba's cookie's

just too name a few.....

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
W5tA9jbB-kGvg-DDTLPJzw2.jpg

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
damn UP! my buds would be turning to dust if I waited 3 wks to jar! I generally have 5-7 days of hanging up individual branches, they hit jar when the stems snap & peel which is like a 8 hr window of opportunity I've noticed in my climate...burp for a few days, maybe dump the nugs outta the jar if it's to moist, I generally like to take about a week in the final moisture removal stage and usually about 1 week later @ about 3weeks from chop things tend to be getting on point and the stink and flav is most intense imho...probably got another month or so of being in a jar and staying on that level before the initial terpenes seem to dissipate....I'm also the anti finger-phuck of my nugs...nothin drives me more crazy! while triming all branches are held by stem and get clipped off directly into the jar once dry...I literally will not ever touch a nug til i break it open to pack it up...thats just how I roll.

I'm currently enjoying some of those delicately manicured cooks Up, you know I had to go grab some!

I have strawhoe pollen waiting to get thrown on some cooks, not sure if I'm going to pollenate this time around or not...although I probably should since I dont know how long that pollen is going to stay good in the freezer....the kids can have there strawberry cookies....I got the strawbarry bonds on deck! going camping this weekend and will be planting the 2 bakers dozen beans when I get back...

also I might throw up some pics of my gsc that is @ day 23 today they're beasts...nearly as tall as me and bushy as hell...co2,canna,blumats ftw.

Last edited:

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
originally posted on 8-23

I got a strawberry diesel('11) x tahoe og('12) boy thats droppin hella pollen right now....and he's got hungry eyes for some cookie lovin...probably be doing some paint brushing in 2-3 weeks. the similar females I got from the strawhoe beans are strawberry dominant in smell and look mostly og dominant in terms of appearance, should lend some interesting traits I would think.

strawberry cookies is just too easy imho...needs a better name...just a personal cross with hopefully enough to pass to the crew.

possibilities:

strawberry shortcake
strawbarry bonds<<<<I f'n dig this one lol

like I said...too easy...the kids can have it ;)

people are jumpin the gun with the quickness around here...nobody can take a joke these days or what? lol god damn economy!

OK OK my bad I apologize..i did feel like it was directed towards me...

I dont really care about names specially when the beans will be for me. But I figured if I'm using strawberry diesel to hit the cookies then I should call it strawberry cookies.

Again sir my apologies.

Status
Not open for further replies.