What's new

Girl Scout Cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterpan

Veteran
Man every time I look at the flower pics forum it's always gsc listed as the latest post, this must be some fantastic weed. PP

S1 bashers are usually the ones who never ran any. I've run pre98 s1, sfv s1, and my own the white s1s and every one produced a great plant similar to the mother some even exceeded IMO. pre98 bubba gave off some interesting flavors and looks, the sfv was more unstable but it was like running bx2s looking for a keeper and they were to be found at least 2 amazing plants every 10. and the white s1s where also very great. the keeper I had found is better than the white in all categories. cept yield. I imagine some interesting expressions will definitely come from the cookies s1s. most elites are accidental s1s not many are made from a strict breeding program @ an ibl. if any, I have yet to see it. point is if u don't like s1s don't buy em, someone will and they may be happy with their purchase, so wtf is the problem? I also don't agree with first run selling n no testing prior to release but the demand is there if u don't someone else will. I for one look forward to seeing the fruits of the s1s. bet there's gonna be some badass plants in them, plus it should give people better insight into the genetics and their expressions.. only negative is the trade bait making it hard to find the real but if u already have it secured then who cares.. might even find a high yielding cookie Dom plant ya never know

Bi0hazard

Veteran
SourDeez,

Idea to remove the confusion associated with S1's

Lots of good points. I think my only concern on the matter is that people label phenos that come from S1 as something different than the original name or call it a s1 pheno.

I think people are worried about s1's getting passed around as the real thing. S1's can produce incredible results even better than the mom - but I think S1 Pheno's should be given: (A) a varation on the name or (B) a new strain name or (C) at least say Cookies S1 (Chocolate Pheno) or something. I'm not against S1's at all - They have the ability to mix genetics from any of the previous genetics that the cross was made up of - which is like a beautiful mystery box of dank possibilities.

I think people just want to avoid confusion, so when someone goes to buy ICmag or OGKB's GS Cookies they get bud from the original cut, where other S1 cookies varieties are marked differently so we can 'knowingly' try them as well. Rather than have people who think they are getting cookies get something else - who then take those cuts and pass them around as the original strain - It creates a lot of incorrectly labeled cuts floating around - and we know how that can play out...

It also hides the differences of the great S1's pheno's that get discovered from people (if they all get labeled the same "Cookies", how would you know which one is what?)

Other than that S1 on...

Last edited:

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
S1 = attempt to gain market share - banking on a name - not on the reputation of the seed company or breeder....it takes ZERO talent and ZERO knowledge and ZERO skill.

I like CSG for their various m/f pairings - but don't even for one second try and pretend like you are doing anyone other than your own pockets a favor...

We have seen, time and time again - an S1 of a poly-hybrid DOES NOT result in a plant that is any more true to the mother than if you had taken a choice male to it. It does NOT breed a true offspring...period.

I will say this - at least you don't go re-naming S2 lines to confuse the masses and make yourself feel special....geeeezzzzz - that was SUCH a nightmare.

dank.Frank

not wanting to argue the point, but the exodus cheese s1 ghs did certainly made very cheesy plants with some phenos being so close to he original that it was hard to tell them apart. i don't know much about fem seeds and how true they breed, but that one i tried so far was most rewarding. would sure grow them out if i had some fem cookies seeds lol. so while for some people the whole fem thing is not interesting as they have the original clones in abundance but for others it's an interesting path to some otherwise hard to get genetics.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
dank.frank is right that S1's do not always express true to the original cut. But that is kind of the point of it's appeal, what S1's do is they mix a genetic combination from any of genetics making up the (possibly) multiple crosses put into a strain (all the way back the genetic line). This is very intriguing because it has the ability to express hidden genetics or pull phenos from very early in the breeding processes of a strain that might not express as reguarly in F2's or future generations.

From my understanding, With some decent pheno hunting you can get some very original expressions from the pedigree of the original cut that might not have come out in m/f pairings of the original cut to a choice male.

But to rely on S1's for a true expression of the original cut - when you have access to the cut itself, go pick up the actual cut (since that's the profile you are looking for).
If you are curious to see similar to the original (expressions) as well as interesting off-shoots of the (original cut) mixed with genetics ranging all the way back it's genetic line.
Then S1's can be real gems...

Last edited:

PaullyHighBred

No dog in this fight, but its worth noting that at least one highly respected breeder here seems to think certain s1's are of benefit to the global community....

Quoted from Tom Hill:

"Currently I am building a genetic library consisting of S1 seedlots from some of the more popular elite clones in the past decade. Seed from these efforts will be made available as well."

"I am mostly focusing on selfing individuals that do not segregate into multiple varying phenotypes and there have been many over the past decade+. The goal is to provide myself (as well as others) relatively easily obtained homozygous individuals for breeding purposes. Individuals that will not be considered would be those we know to be mostly heterozygous. "

I have no idea if GSC is homozygous or heterozgous although the number of differing cuts being passed around that differ greatly and are likely grown from hermied mom seedlots would suggest GSC is potentially a homozygous candidate....

Now if said seeds didnt cost an arm and a leg that would be something....

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Whatever happened to the campfire girls......they had cookies.....just a deep thought.

Cheers
StellarP

Campfire girls sell Mints not cookies, and they're only available from mid jan -first of march......hard as hell to find these.

I

Iron_Lion

I guess the moral of this story is; if you create something awesome don't let it out of your room unless you are ready to capitalize on it yourself. Because if you let it out and over hype it there is always someone watching and waiting; ready to swoop in and take it to the bank.

The real loser in this is the guy who made it, the real winner is the first guy to get it to market and ride the wave of hype $$$ that has been generated.

The hard work has been done by all of you, almost 300 pages of hype, now one guy will walk away with all the loot. :)

Rainman

The revolution will not be televised.....
Veteran
Like the quote above... S1s have their place and they are a good resource for saving genetics in a pure for if you will. Bubba, chemd, and other have been selfed with great success and conformity. Polyhybrids are tricky but if you think about it you are getting a purer form and better chance to get the special mother back than if you grew regs. If I cross Urkle back to itself by selfing it, wouldnt I have a better chance to reproduce the original with those seeds than regs and finding a male female combo? I am just guessing but if I have the theory of it correct woulndt those genes give you that better chance for something like the mother? I see nothing wrong with S1s but im def. with Dank on the idea of a "breeder" selfing a plant before any real experience in growing it and making crosses then chargin $80 bucks for said seeds. That shows a real lack of exp by the breeder and most dont give details about that aspect of their operation. At 80 bucks I am $10 off getting some Tom H, BOG, other truely bred out strains. That being said some folks love a pheno hunt and a S1 cross like that would appeal to that crowd and those who cant get access to cuts.

Basically, its your thang! Do what ya wanna do! I cant tell ya who to sock it to! In my best ron isely voice.

C

Capital G

I guess the moral of this story is; if you create something awesome don't let it out of your room unless you are ready to capitalize on it yourself. Because if you let it out and over hype it there is always someone watching and waiting; ready to swoop in and take it to the bank.

The real loser in this is the guy who made it, the real winner is the first guy to get it to market and ride the wave of hype $$$ that has been generated.

The hard work has been done by all of you, almost 300 pages of hype, now one guy will walk away with all the loot. :)

I agree, but I think the ones claiming it are making a killing...berner has to be doing outrageous numbers!!!! I've seen a lot of rappers talking about cookies and they spend top dollar on their packs just so they can rap about it. That $800-$1000 an oz is nothing.

rasputin

The Mad Monk
Veteran
These recent posts got me thinking, what with the mixed opinions and all... what if the creator of GSC came forward and said they were planning to work the cut into a seed line? Would the current companies working the cut stop? Would it be a free-for-all, race ya to retail?

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran
But Tom is taking the time to discern....

That was a poor example to build on. The S1 debate has raged for years - it won't magically be settled here, today....lol.

Back to COOKIES, folks. No further detour needed. My bad. ;)

dank.Frank

Storm Shadow

Veteran
Most Rappers are Idiots... like 99.9% of them ...

S1's from stable lines can be solid... from Poly's though... ouch....thats going to be a shit load of beans you are going to pop in order to find "maybe" something special? If you can afford to spend that kind of time pheno hunting and take the risk of getting hermies and long flowering plants...go for it... Just my opinion...but I like S1's that are str8 fluke...like finding that one or two seeds in a pound of something special...that could be fun to grow...but making reversed plants S1's... much harder finding the something special in those lines ...your more likely going to find multiple phenos that lack all the proper attributes that made the original so insane..

Ask Greyskull how many Sour Dub S1's he went through...and none of them were as bomb as the original

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran

You must think there are some big ass cool mother fuckers out there, and only one of them can survive.

There are no losers in this game. The only way to lose is not to play.

:joint:

C

Capital G

Most Rappers are Idiots... like 99.9% of them ...

S1's from stable lines can be solid... from Poly's though... ouch....thats going to be a shit load of beans you are going to pop in order to find "maybe" something special? If you can afford to spend that kind of time pheno hunting and take the risk of getting hermies and long flowering plants...go for it... Just my opinion...but I like S1's that are str8 fluke...like finding that one or two seeds in a pound of something special...that could be fun to grow...but making reversed plants S1's... much harder finding the something special in those lines ...your more likely going to find multiple phenos that lack all the proper attributes that made the original so insane..

Ask Greyskull how many Sour Dub S1's he went through...and none of them were as bomb as the original

I don't like fake rappers, cuz I live what a lot of them talk about...with that being said...most of the mainstream ones and those that grace soundscan are far from being idiots. There make big cake and smoke the best of the best. They do the same shit we do, they just don't blog about it.

PaullyHighBred

bad example huh?

kinda like saying, "We have seen, time and time again - an S1 of a poly-hybrid DOES NOT result in a plant that is any more true to the mother than if you had taken a choice male to it. It does NOT breed a true offspring...period."

without taking the time to discern....lol

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
bakers dozen(GSC x Louis XIII Og reversed) eta: 3 weeks and counting...

made the cross(with the help of some generous members) to find a killer pheno that can compare with the animals(lookin for the pokey swollen ogish calyxs with cookie flav mainly...and if the nugs got to the size of louis I'd be more than happy)...figured I'd jump in and give ya reversal haters something else to whine about lol j/k

Storm Shadow

Veteran
I don't like fake rappers, cuz I live what a lot of them talk about...with that being said...most of the mainstream ones and those that grace soundscan are far from being idiots. There make big cake and smoke the best of the best. They do the same shit we do, they just don't blog about it.

Hmmm...you realize everything you hear and see on TV is fake as shit right? You live a lifestyle That rappers promote lol alright buddy... I've heard enough...thats funny shit.... Gangster Sheep.. Rappers no deeezz nuttzz about cannabis...

We growers.. set the trends those sheep sing about.. plain and simple

Attachments

• jimmy.png
    jimmy.png
    211.4 KB · Views: 11

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
bakers dozen(GSC x Louis XIII Og reversed) eta: 3 weeks and counting...

made the cross(with the help of some generous members) to find a killer pheno that can compare with the animals(lookin for the pokey swollen ogish calyxs with cookie flav mainly...and if the nugs got to the size of louis I'd be more than happy)...figured I'd jump in and give ya reversal haters something else to whine about lol j/k

Need testers?

Stay Safe

C

Capital G

Hmmm...you realize everything you hear and see on TV is fake as shit right? You live a lifestyle That rappers promote lol alright buddy... I've heard enough...thats funny shit.... Gangster Sheep.. Rappers no deeezz nuttzz about cannabis...

We growers.. set the trends those sheep sing about.. plain and simple

This is funny...I bet it really upsets you that rappers created gsc. One thing i know for sure is they have access to better cuts and more resources than you. Stop being a hater and ignorant...its only herb. Rappers grow herb too, plus they get show money. They do it far bigger than 99.9% on this board...plain and simple. Lmao

Status
Not open for further replies.