What's new

Girl Scout Cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bi0hazard

Veteran
if its the cut that krunch has, I bet it's the same as yes4prop and unkown. But they would have to confirm it.

UnknownProphet

???do?Pu?ou?uU
Veteran
^this needs to stop...that leaf trait happens on lots of cannabis strains. Not mad atcha Bio, but I feel the need to clarify. Also I may very well be misinformed, but as far as I know:

THERE'S ONLY 1, yes 1 and one alone, G!rlScoutCook!es. There's knock offs like the new wave and S1s, but the cut circulating isn't a pheno of the GSC, it's THEE cut.

I believe the reason we are seeing so much variation is simply: grower differential. Environment, nutes, waterings, medium, humidity, ppms, ph, and limitless other variables. "OGKUSHBREATH's" pheno is not as loud only because it's warehouse work, chopped asap. Abja, prop, and I are running the same cut we just treat her with a little more TLC, so the end result is night and day.

I think we really just need to dial things in first before anyone can say this is that and that's not this. Gotta give dank.frank cred for that last line even though I kinda put it in my own words.

No disrespect or shit stirring intended.

Unknown.

PS Get that bammer outta here Abja.

Last edited:

LeafLady

There is onle ONE known pheno of GSC. It's being traded everywhere in the South Bay atm. Animal Cookies should get the hype imo..

MakinGoo

GSC Day 65 H&G Coco 600W (with Unicorn horn dust)

View Image
View Image
View Image
View Image

Before my friend comes in here and says it I know. Put them under 1000's already. I'm getting to it man. This next round is under 1kw's.

Just pulled a sample off the line to taste early. Won't be ready for another day or two. Still. Tasted pretty nice. Best batch of cookies I've done so far. We'll see what the people think.

Killer grow doggie.. Those buds look super dank..

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
il be doing side by side soon of the cut we have vs OGKB cut...the OGKB looks like cherry pie in veg same distorted leaves. im pretty sure they are same thing..

nice pics yall are killin it! my cookie jar is empty gotta refill soon..il take 600 watt nugs anyday dont worry abja..better than most of the 1kw heat stressed blue dream crap thats floating around the bay area lately..

my outdoor GSC really took off last week after hittin them with pure protein foliar..

Bi0hazard

Veteran
Good post Unknown. Didn't mean to go back to the leaf mutation trait, I do understand other strains possess it and it can't be an ultimately deciding factor - especially in veg.

I think you could be exactly right that the difference in GSC is growing technique. In hydro for me it came out 100% like gingerbread cookies / dark sugar-bread cookies. Like it came out of a fresh bakery. Definitely had a thin mint kick and aftertaste, not as much Lemon. But that could have been difference in growing mediums?

I also got a period where the flowering plant (3-4 weeks in I think) smelled like sweet blueberry muffins / candy, then the OG earthy-musk smell came in. Purple coatings throughout the nugs that get covered by almost greyish white frost - that has these Bright orange Durban like haze hairs popping out of the OG structure nugs. The so called OGKushBreathe cut didn't grow like the pics of New Wave at all, it has very similar small dense nug formations like the gsc abja & yes4prop have posted. - not real cola stacking - a couple top branches had nugs near each other but not really fully connected by any means - lots of gaps between nug spots. It went into 12/12 at 7 inches - stretched about 2-3x.

^this needs to stop...that leaf trait happens on lots of cannabis strains. Not mad atcha Bio, but I feel the need to clarify. Also I may very well be misinformed, but as far as I know:

THERE'S ONLY 1, yes 1 and one alone, G!rlScoutCook!es. There's knock offs like the new wave and S1s, but the cut circulating isn't a pheno of the GSC, it's THEE cut.

I believe the reason we are seeing so much variation is simply: grower differential. Environment, nutes, waterings, medium, humidity, ppms, ph, and limitless other variables. "OGKUSHBREATH's" pheno is not as loud only because it's warehouse work, chopped asap. Abja, prop, and I are running the same cut we just treat her with a little more TLC, so the end result is night and day.

I think we really just need to dial things in first before anyone can say this is that and that's not this. Gotta give dank.frank cred for that last line even though I kinda put it in my own words.

Unknown.

Last edited:

Mia

It is odd how different those two plants look(OGKB cooks vs. cooks many of us have) but you're probably right.
It's also pretty funny how that new wave keeps getting whored out. May be one big accident or maybe on purpose?
And yeah Yes4 you need to post some more animal pics(sorry had to do it to you) :)

Bi0hazard

Veteran
A side by Side is definitely needed - Thanks Yes4Prop =) There is really one way to get to the bottom of it, and your doing it.

I'm also curious how many people got cuts that may have Broad Mites - and since they directly eat trichromes this could also be part of the cause of the differences in potency people claim...

It was this post that really had me guessing the possibility of 2 GSC's floating around.. Maybe one is an S1? Maybe it's the same cut grown differently? Even possibly a different pheno from the same seed batch that might have made it's rounds, that preserved more of the cookies taste, without as much of that "I'm too high" effect?

SmokeTrees: (POST) "the one most of you guys in the bay area have is the DANK. What i expected when i read about cookies. the one a lot of people in San Diego got there hands on, is pretty damn mediocre. Smells like actual oven baked cookies, but the effects and taste are lacking. "

Waiting on yes4prop's side by side for insights on these matters =)

Last edited:

whadeezlrg

Just Say Grow
Veteran
whadeez i let u win year one by not entereing my sensi star lol,,and missed this year,,, next year the competition is gonna be super tight,,,peace

:laughing:....let me win.... the sensi was good...I ditched it after one run though because it lacked in all categories other than bag appeal imho... reminded me almost exactly of blackberry bubba.

only time will tell what next year has in store, I'll be bringing along my best.

dank.frank

ef.yu.se.ka.e.em
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Unknown.

I can lend some credibility to this statement as being accurate. Phillthy threw up pics the very same GSC cut that I held. (broad mites - errrrrr) His flowering pictures have not been questioned - correct?

That being said: Since this thread was not running at the time I made this post, I'll re-post it here:

As received:

picture.php

Same exact plant in flower -UNDER BROAD MITE STRESS-

picture.php

picture.php

The BEST selected of 10 rooted cuts before flip - obviously infected -

picture.php

NOW:

Keep in mind what this cut looks like when kept healthy - via the pictures that Phillthy provided in flower - versus what happens to it when facing issues...

I am one vote for "OGKB" being the same plant...but I could be wrong...

Documenting this stuff is nice...

dank.Frank

Bi0hazard

Veteran
I am one vote for "OGKB" being the same plant...but I could be wrong...

dank.Frank

That's what I am starting to think as well, that the differences in GSC's could be due to some people not getting rid of broad mites and/or growing with different mediums. The lack of potency in certain buds could easily be related to the mites eating trichomes...

Can't wait for Yes4Props side by side, of all people who post here - he is perfect it, having grown and sampled many batches of GSC.

The one I ran which looks identical to OGkushbreath in everyway - grew identical to Philthy's. No NewWave type colas, but OG style nugglets that sometimes touches each other but never really formed long connected colas.

NorCal

Veteran
Yeah buddy Gonna be interesting to see what comes of her. I'll take some more pix when I get back from tahoe but I snapped just this one before I left. LOL its Not much but it's something. Like I said once my batch of the OGKB cut is done we'll all be able to definitively compare the two finished products. Regardless It's hard to believe that anything can be much danker than the stuff abja just finished.
9edd1b99.jpg

Abja Roots

ABF(Always Be Flowering) - Founder
Veteran
I appreciate Smoketrees statement. This guy knows his herb. This stuff is DANK.

Maybe there are two cuts of GSC, or maybe one is a bit more mutated and that one has been passed around in a different circle. However there is not a doubt in any circle I've stepped into, that the one I hold is it. This herb is on par with anything I've done or seen. The only difference between this and the OG's I've seen, and I've seen some of the best. Is that it has a different profile. It's not as greasy and sharp in it's profile. It's more thick and cool(especially obvious in the vape) if that makes any sense. Still if my definition of an OG, as we know it, is that it has this incredibly rich coat your mouth flavor. Then The GSC is almost there. IMO that's why Deez took the crown this year. It's hard to match a properly grown top notch cut of OG. You can't beat that coat your mouth flavor. Still, the fact that the GSC came in so close is because it is a very strong second to the OG's IMO. It's just a bit different, with a different high. Which is why I like it.

This is a cut I've spread and plan to keep around for a long time. At least in my personal jars. I don't have the desire to run it the way Lumpstatus is running it. The plant count is too high for me.

Looking good Norcal. Enjoy Tahoe! The fireworks should be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.