What's new

Girl Scout Cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammalamma

Veteran
You don't need to be organic or sustainable to have an opinion about regular abuse of a pesticide. Anyone who has an agricultural education knows what good cultural practices are.

I fertilizer indoors (like indoors could ever be considered organic or sustainable) with mineral based nutrients. I just happen to have my pest and pathogen management system be organic because I don't like using pesticides that are meant for outdoor use indoors (dangerous to me) and because none of the pesticides that people use are rated for use with a product that is smoke.... think about that one for a second.

The reason growers use the 'nasties', as I call it, is because they suffer from L.G.S. Lazy grower syndrome and they don't want to spray every 3-4 days with something harmless, when they can spray every 2-4 weeks with something dangerous.

There are MANY neurological diseases directly or indirectly shown linked with pesticide use. You people grow MEDICINE. Why the fuck you trying to make patients sick?
Just a joke dude!:biggrin: You must feel guilty of something?

Its all about prevention or cure, not weekly band aids.

skullznroses

that aint nothing but 10 cent lovin
Veteran
I always thought you could smell serious organic walking down da street from the smell of its dreads it brought with it...

L

LumpStatus

im pretty sure the cut APE had is different than the one we got down here. Your pics looked pretty different

You might be correct. But I'm pretty sure he did mention it came from san diego, And I now know that it is not the cookie. That didn't keep anybody from buying it up at a high price And throwing it out on the shelf as girl scout cookies :)

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
and the cut we had down here was brought down from norcal. if it was to get into ape's hands it would have been before OHGEE brought it down from norcal

Y

YosemiteSam

Done growing Cookies after this run....

Don't yield shit,smoke is decent though....

Takes to long to veg for a decent yield. Guess you can train her and all that like Unknown, but id rather get a couple more crops in that year....
quote]

you need to let those roots dry a little and get some O2 bro.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
please keep the organic vs pesticide argument out of this thread....go to the eagle20 thread and argue about that shit there...

L

LumpStatus

and the cut we had down here was brought down from norcal. if it was to get into ape's hands it would have been before OHGEE brought it down from norcal

I remember when he went on a genetics run, he picked it up in sd along with some other girls...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
Sorry, I wont talk about it anymore. Would you like me to delete my posts?

naw man not trying to be a dick not aimed at anyone in particular...its just that subject has been beat to death in several other threads and i know theres a bunch of other people who are gonna wanna add their 2 cents..so would rather just leave that argument to the other threads since it tends to get heated and might lead to fights and hurt feelings lol...

PNW_grown

Veteran
I also dont use reservoirs anymore. Much healthier plants with FRESH nutrients mixed EVERY day. Call me crazy :)

I would be willing to let you try my synthetic/organic combo grown bud and I think you would be surprised at how good it actually is, maybe even better than your organic ;)
Hmm, very interesting. I always thought that it was good to let your nutes sit overnight in the rez w/ air stones?

I also read the REV from Skunk mag. talking bout how bad it is to use synthetic/organic combos. Any reason why he may think that, or better yet, what's the problem, if any, with it?

Dry Cycles KILLS roots, no way around it....
Let them droop slightly, just killed your secondary(and most crucial) roots, good going....
That's really interesting. Now I know what my problem was. Thanks for posting that. Might be a WAY obvious thing for some of you, but I appreciate it, and will admit to lettig my plants dry way more than I should in the past, and recently in veg.

Done growing Cookies after this run....
So what's next then man? So many great choices, what you thinking?

L

LumpStatus

PNW grown - letting your water sit out is about removing chlorine from it. After going through a catalytic carbon filter my water should be pretty much free of that. Im also using ro water now, water from my tap ranges from .4 ec up to .6 ec with a ph of around 8.5....thats not good for anyone!

As for bubbling the water... completely unnecessary if you do not over water! Possibly completely unnecessary alltogether unless you are running dwc. Water can only hold as much oxygen as the temperature will allow, the colder the water the more dissolved oxygen to a point.

Btw...im excited to see what this Bay 11 can do!

PNW_grown

Veteran
PNW grown - letting your water sit out is about removing chlorine from it. After going through a catalytic carbon filter my water should be pretty much free of that. Im also using ro water now, water from my tap ranges from .4 ec up to .6 ec with a ph of around 8.5....thats not good for anyone!

As for bubbling the water... completely unnecessary if you do not over water! Possibly completely unnecessary alltogether unless you are running dwc. Water can only hold as much oxygen as the temperature will allow, the colder the water the more dissolved oxygen to a point.

Btw...im excited to see what this Bay 11 can do!

alright, well good to know, thanks. You have the BAY? You going to the cup? I'd love to chat with you there...

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
lump what kind of catalytic carbon filter are you using to filter your water....im also worried my local tap water needs to be filtered just read an article about chloramines in our munipal waters....my northern spot has awesome well water but that oakland water is a bit different lol..its been high out of the faucet lately..used to be around 7.0 but its all been 8.0 lately which is making me use a ton of PH down even after mixing nutes PH is still above 7..

i got an RO filter but i gotta fill up two 70 gal reservoirs and its just takes too long...

anyone ever try using that water treatment stuff for aquariums? claims to remove all that stuff, has some aloe vera in it...doesnt hurt the fish or the water plants.

hammalamma

Veteran
lump what kind of catalytic carbon filter are you using to filter your water....im also worried my local tap water needs to be filtered just read an article about chloramines in our munipal waters....my northern spot has awesome well water but that oakland water is a bit different lol..its been high out of the faucet lately..used to be around 7.0 but its all been 8.0 lately which is making me use a ton of PH down even after mixing nutes PH is still above 7..

i got an RO filter but i gotta fill up two 70 gal reservoirs and its just takes too long...

anyone ever try using that water treatment stuff for aquariums? claims to remove all that stuff, has some aloe vera in it...doesnt hurt the fish or the water plants.
SeaChem Prime was what I used to use for my reef tank, five years ago it was supposedly the best.

loyalty7

I believe aloe vera is a natural surfacant, Dr. earth uses it in there home grown soil, and dr. earth is my favorite soil at the moment...

OrganicBuds

Veteran

DUDE!!!! Don't use aquarium anything!

Just a dab of molasses will due. 1tsp2-tsp per gal of water and let bubble or sit for a couple hours. The molasses it self will neutralize any chlorine or chlormines in any water. Bubbling your water will get rid of chlorine but not chlorimines. Go down to smart and final and pick up a gallon of mothers molasses for under 20$ and it will last all season. When making my ACT I always add molasses first and let it do its magic. Same with any watering really. My plants never get tap water, either RO water or molasses water. Keep those microbes happy.

L

LumpStatus

I use the evolution ro and it has a catalytic carbon filter. Works great and produces ro water quickly. But you will still want a storage tank so you always have plenty of ro ready at all times...

ST... bay 11 won the htcc i think last year a strain by ken estes

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
This GSC thread is all over the map. haha..

So much like the old days and the Original Chemdog/OG Kush Cut Threads... The Rap Stars and the Ubiquitous NorCal-style Bragging, which I live around every day.

Rising above it - I keep it real, and let my Work do the talking..

So, got rid of the Broad Mites that polluted my whole scene (came with my 5) $25 dollar GSC clones from 5 hours away by car). Now, I can mother a couple of the Older teens.

The rest of the GSC plants (12" or so right now, quite branchy) will stay out in the Greenie. Bet they'll produce better out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts