What's new

Girl Scout Cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
You can do amazing things and boost yield, however IME highest GPW will be achieved with 1Kw lights. I have seen great results with 750's as well. I have flowered with 600w's also. Lower than 600 and you are just a cab / micro personal grow.

If you double your GPW and use half the power, you end up with the same yield ;) In this game we are always trying to increase total yield irrespective of expense or time involved :D

:joint:

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
WHAT THE GODAMN FUCK?!?!?!

19k+ for $1000 a month?

Here In The Bay Area - Commercial - $2500-$3500 a month...

Residential - $4k-$5k+, Some Residential - $8k+

AMEN ...19 Kilowatts for $1,000 per month???? I call bullshit if your in Cali and NOT stealing power.... I'm running 3,200 Kwatts and De huey/AC 3 fans and 2 450 cfm fans not to mention a 3x3 & 4x4 veg tent and about (5) T5's..my cost is $800 a month......I'm at the coast so I know we are in some of the highest power costs in Cali (possibly the US)though.

L

LumpStatus

If you double your GPW and use half the power, you end up with the same yield ;) In this game we are always trying to increase total yield irrespective of expense or time involved :D

You are correct that the yield is the same at HALF THE COST/half the lights. The only thing that increases is the amount of space required to achieve the same yield(double) and the number of plants. I think you are dead wrong about the expense part. The only thing that keeps me from running more lights now is the monthly bill, with this method i can use the SAME amount of electricity i am now and get TWICE as much weight. I have the space. Now all i need is to convince myself that 1gpw of the SAME QUALITY bud is achievable using half the light...

Please correct me if i am wrong about anything cause i have not completely thought this through!

Tom Hill

Veteran
No you nailed it, that is exactly how it will go down. If -as most folk drawing power- you are limited by the amount of power you can pull, then explore these techniques. You will grow much much more weight. You can always pull back a row or two and find that quality cut off with any given light hog, but set up for it in the beginning for sure is a smart move. There is no risk if you have the room, the 4x4 under the light will be the exact same as what you have now, but brother, wait till you see the money out on your newly explored perimeter.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
Any conclusive observations on the effects of the amino aide yes4?
Curious...

Ive used it in my veg for years and have been accused of having the best looking veg room many times....

Personally dont use the recommended amount, its to thick. Think i use 1/4-1/2 strength....

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran
You are correct that the yield is the same at HALF THE COST/half the lights. The only thing that increases is the amount of space required to achieve the same yield(double) and the number of plants. I think you are dead wrong about the expense part. The only thing that keeps me from running more lights now is the monthly bill, with this method i can use the SAME amount of electricity i am now and get TWICE as much weight. I have the space. Now all i need is to convince myself that 1gpw of the SAME QUALITY bud is achievable using half the light...

Please correct me if i am wrong about anything cause i have not completely thought this through!

What TH says about vert bulbs in the old school umbrella hoods is correct. If you have the environment down a single bulb over 8x8 will blow your mind.

That being said you'll probably do better with two bulbs even paying super high CA power IF IF IF you have use for the extra cannabis the second bulb will generate ;)

Tom Hill

Veteran
Yes, you will do better with two lights over that space, but better to take that second light into another 8x8 space.

Y

YosemiteSam

AMEN ...19 Kilowatts for $1,000 per month???? I call bullshit if your in Cali and NOT stealing power.... I'm running 3,200 Kwatts and De huey/AC 3 fans and 2 450 cfm fans not to mention a 3x3 & 4x4 veg tent and about (5) T5's..my cost is $800 a month......I'm at the coast so I know we are in some of the highest power costs in Cali (possibly the US)though.

Western side of CO...call bullshit all you want. We did not get fucked in the ass by Enron.

edit...the downside is you aint getting more than 3.2K per pound regardless of what and how fine you are growing....unless you are a dispensary and fucking your customers.

edit dos...and I would do exactly what Tom is saying if it weren't for CO's obsession over plant count..sooner or later they come a knocking and a counting.

edit tres...I am curious just how much the cone actually helps. I have been fucking about and just hanging a single bare vert bulb over a table for veg and cannot tell any significant difference from two hoods with 1000s...vert bulb hung high.

Last edited:
L

LumpStatus

84 Cookies

84 Cookies

Oops....did I put 84 on this table? ;) Don't tell anyone! 14 days 12/12 today.

NorCal

Veteran
If your looking to get the plants to show flowers sooner try MOAB the first two weeks of flower. the budset is pretty crazy by the end of the second week. It triggers them into flower way earlier than anything else I've tried. It's also very soluble and really PH stable. every time I use it I will almost always end up at 5.8-6.0 with my base nutes and additives. It's pretty cheap and a little goes a long way.

Just an FYI. Everything looks cracking in there though lump. Super deece :tiphat:

L

LumpStatus

If your looking to get the plants to show flowers sooner try MOAB the first two weeks of flower. the budset is pretty crazy by the end of the second week. It triggers them into flower way earlier than anything else I've tried. It's also very soluble and really PH stable. every time I use it I will almost always end up at 5.8-6.0 with my base nutes and additives. It's pretty cheap and a little goes a long way.

Just an FYI. Everything looks cracking in there though lump. Super deece :tiphat:

You know what? I always feed the stretch, I welcome it! I actually use the veg formula for the first two weeks of flowering... I have 10''ceilings and my girls are usually only about 10" tall when I start flowering them...I'm going to post some day 28 pics in a few of gsc...

L

LumpStatus

Cherry Pie...

Cherry Pie...

First up is cherry pie. Day 29 and smells amazing! Think gdp, but sweeter and even better! Can't wait to finish these! My first run with her.

Plus some Louis XIII OG at 47 days

Next up....gsc

NorCal

Veteran
Damn! heard alot of cool things about that Louis xiii
The MOAB doesn't really do much for stretch. My plants always stretch a good amount (if they're stretchers of course) but the buds start to form alot sooner. It doesn't fuck up your quality or sacrifice crystal content for density like bushmaster/gravity does either. I'm sure there's other stuff out there too but this stuff is cheap and works pretty well for me.

irobot sd

Mother of all Blooms - I've used it during the last few weeks never noticed the advice about 1st week untill now :joint: cool i've been using shooting powder the last few rips. MAd farmer makes a good cheap rooting gel with no colors or dies works great 2

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Western side of CO...call bullshit all you want. We did not get fucked in the ass by Enron.

edit...the downside is you aint getting more than 3.2K per pound regardless of what and how fine you are growing....unless you are a dispensary and fucking your customers.

edit dos...and I would do exactly what Tom is saying if it weren't for CO's obsession over plant count..sooner or later they come a knocking and a counting.

edit tres...I am curious just how much the cone actually helps. I have been fucking about and just hanging a single bare vert bulb over a table for veg and cannot tell any significant difference from two hoods with 1000s...vert bulb hung high.

Sam I thought you were in Cali never mind...I KNOW Colorado s MUCH cheaper power than Nor Cal. grow on!

L

LumpStatus

Unfortunately to fill it in I had to put a few shorter ones in there. But I can assure you it is 12x7 which is 84 plants, count again! They may not look like much now but give it another 2 weeks. They were exactly the same size as my 50 table when I put them out (10 days veg). The only difference is I cleaned out the bottom a lot more on the 84 table. I'll post some more pics of the 84 table in a couple weeks, you will be surprised :)

As far as the 50 table, these were 10 inches or less when put to flower! As of last night day 28...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts