What's new

Girl Scout Cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
damn i was just talking about snowcap with a friend yesterday....i miss that stuff. miss champagne too....alot of the big growers growing cookies were farming all the trendy stuff 10 years ago...there was another one going through SF back in 2001 called "sugar"..might have been romulan..another trendy one. what about "the white"....shit came and went within a year....norcal farmers are always hungry and looking for the next best thing to seperate themselves from the competition because everyone is in the game out here..

there was the cherry pie trend too..but that strains is still semi hot. sour is popular but it mostly gets moved east rarely stays put locally.....theres still a lot of local buzz for dark purple believe it or not....color is always in demand.

i see the ripples from other markets too..bruce banner made its way out to CA from CO and got some recognition...alot of the OG cuts came up from socal (the planetary OG trend)

peyote purple is making "hype" ripples through the forums with her insane frost coverage...if she tastes as good as she looks il have to give her a try.

Norkali

Ahahaha.....Sugar...yes, I remember that one well. That damned White though - I never got to see/smell/taste her whatsoever....

Next trend? Pieguy's been hypin' that Nuwave and 'Y' hard...

G

guest8905

imo it doesent matter name, if its in your guys words a 'loud' pack, then its good. Could be the champ, catpiss, nlbigbud (one of the first 20%thc claimed buds i tried back in 2000 from oakland) gc, the purps, ukel, gdp, j1, og, diesel, chem....as long as it is good it will be wanted

all those strains listed by norkali and prop are still being grown....and some people are still on those trains having fun and doing well, very very well in fact

speaking of the white, that stuff is fire, not hype at all imo, not much nose but if grown real proper its super appealing and strong as heck. I may try a couple of the white x casey jones testers outside this season, i need to start them now though or else its too late ;)

speaking of snowcap i met the guys who found it an whored it out up at mendo healing years back right before they got raided....never saw so much of one strain ever, they had huge indoors of it and outdoors too.

and speaking of purple diesel- indoors its not that great as compared to outdoors, outdoors its one of my faves, i hooked up the clojne to a master grower who entered it into emerald cup this year, i think it placed 13th or 12th among over 100

i agree with UP, the taste and smell of GSC is one of the best parts...i remember putting my nose in a big bag of gsc the first time, i just started laughing, it really caught me off guard. Now what i really want is more cookies so i can sample them from my vaporizer, i cant imagine how it would taste in the vape....it makes everything taste sooo good, gsc would be hella good

Last edited:

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
whos got snowcap still!! maybe the next "trend" is a resurgance of retro strains....shit look how many damn air jordans nike sells, they just retro some old shoe and people line up and down the block shooting eachother over them..

i could push the fuck out of some champelli...

the white looks awesome but you are right the smell is lacking, saw some whitefire OG recently that just didnt have any smell...id rather just smoke OG kush. OG is probably still the benchmark to compare new strains too....smell is one of the most important aspects these days its gotta just smack you in the face when opening the bag. if a strain like blackberry or the white has that kind of frost with a better nose that would take a run at the hypetrain..

SmokeTrees

"Hey bud, lets party!"
Veteran
every sample/pheno i have tried of the whitefire has had very little smell, but INSANE frost. the taste comes through a little more than the smell, but every sample has had a serious amount of kick / expando. So is Raskal no longer a censored word on here? lol

and to get on topic, ill take a shot of my cookies tonight which is at day 22 i believe

heres a quick shot. will get better ones sometime soon
picture.php

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Thank you!! I think that this is a very important detail that needs to be fully understood to really comprehend the cookie hype, and the subsequent defending of the hype by folks in the know....the Bay Area has weed trends on the regular, and people outside of the Bay Area probably don't/won't know the real extent that this is true, nor do they realize the implications and even the benefits of this process occurring.

Let's see if I can name some of the yearly trends...anybody care to help me out...?

We've had the Grape Stomper trend, the Grandaddy trend, the God's Gift trend, OG Kush trend, Snowcap trend, Blackberry Kush (ugh...I think I just threw up a little in my mouth...:biglaugh:), Purple Diesel....shit...who else remembers the Champagne trend too? ...the list goes on and of course we have our current-day Cookie trend.....what you'll notice is that certain trends die, and certain trends take off....a la OGK, Grandaddy, and Cookies - it's natural selection out here, and only the best/strongest survive in terms of the hype. What tends to get missed in the translation to the rest of the country though....is that the Bay Area, arguably the smokiest region in the country, let alone the world in terms of genetic quality, number of smokers, number of growers, brokers, dealers, etc.....is that anything you hear about coming out of the Bay Area, has already passed the 'hype test' of literally thousands of seasoned California smokers....:smoke::chin:

(By the way, can we just label that first smiley above, the pipe-smokin' smiley, as :Julian: already...? :biggrin:)

In the hood they still take some grapes over errythang any day. Even kush.

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
all i grow in my commerical spots is a very select and old cutting of flo...doesn't yield the best(1.5 per) but i love it, and so does everyone that tries it..the smell, taste, even the smell of the smoke on the exhale is special. i've seen other flo cuts that just don't compare. maybe i need to get a hold of someone and get a cut of the GSC to compare..

also, good organic legit ECSD is still some of my favorite smoke in the world..anyone that disagrees with that is putting up a front..

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
ya wish i could try self's ECSD x Killer Chem.....also i got some special beans that are ECSD x a special durban male that im gonna crack soon..

ive been smoking a ton of sour lately...pitbull kush x SD, CD x SD, OG x CD....cant go wrong with anything in that family.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
some one say ny sourD heres some AAA ecsd righ outta the heights... i think i foundthis on 174th lol
picture.php

all the WIFI going around colorado is very tasty like a pine og taste ,and the look of Knomes The White my homie has been working with for awhile, he gave me about 40 beans from it and im doing testing on real soon everyone calls it "WIFI" round here in these parts "everyone here shares very amazing group of growers being kind around here

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
all the WIFI going around colorado is very tasty like a pine og taste ,and the look of Knomes The White my homie has been working with for awhile, he gave me about 40 beans from it and im doing testing on real soon everyone calls it "WIFI" round here in these parts "everyone here shares very amazing group of growers being kind around here

colorado love..

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Hey Norkali, UP, Stickky, etc. - yes there are pot trends, it's been going on for generations now... One of the grooviest parts of living in NorCal707 is the availability and variety of strains. Only other place I ever saw it get so trendy is/was Amsterdam pre-2006.

26 strains represented in my stash run the gamut of several trends. From sours to purples to whatever is next, it's all good!

Viva Cannabis!

MtnLivin

people have been calling the White Fire "wifi" since raskal bred it..

Yes4Prop215

Veteran
lol snow cap was santas snake oil! shit was weak son!
we used to get some fire snowcap that was almost as frosty as the cookies today....really resinous sticky, smelled similar to trainwreck but with hints of orange and lemon, with good smell to taste transfer...cant remember too much if the high was strong or not, might have been "snake oil" like blackberry kush is with regards to nice bag appeal but not that potent..

abja roots has a strain that kind of reminds me of snowcap...no idea what the lineage is but we nicknamed her ghost train...looks like OG kush but smells like trainwreck, it was a mislabeled club cut they thought it was "corleone kush"...looks similar to moonshines pics of his ghost og x trainwreck x haze

also i think trends could apply seperately to both grower and consumer...sometimes growers get on trends growing a strain that may not be liked too much by the consumers, like blue dream. connoisseurs in norcal will never pay top dollar for blue dream, but because it yields fat growers love it and just sell it cheaper to the regular consumers who put anything in their pipe...

right now with GSC its a heavy consumer side trend and its also a growers trend because it flowers super quick and fetches 1k a bow more than most indoor strains, and the clubs cant keep up with demand...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.