What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Girl Scout Cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TrichyTrichy

Here ya go Oilman

DSC01021.jpg

:dance013:

G

guest8905

that pic looks like it came from the same garden which yesfor posted another shot from.

looks like it had a pretty bad bout with spider mites, gotta have adequate prevention especially in a gh

big twinn

Veteran
Can someone explain the fascination with General Hydroponic Nutes. I see a lot of people rocking cookies using the GH and in my opinion it doesnt do the taste justice at all. Thousands of dollars spent for cuts for something to taste like a thin mint only to water the taste down with GH nutes...i don't get it. The GSC has it all, but when smoked side by side with one of my organic girls, her taste doesn't compare. Looking forward to really seeing how she tastes once organic as well.

megayields

Grower of Connoisseur herb's.
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Can someone explain the fascination with General Hydroponic Nutes. I see a lot of people rocking cookies using the GH and in my opinion it doesnt do the taste justice at all. Thousands of dollars spent for cuts for something to taste like a thin mint only to water the taste down with GH nutes...i don't get it. The GSC has it all, but when smoked side by side with one of my organic girls, her taste doesn't compare. Looking forward to really seeing how she tastes once organic as well.

Standing applause and the congregation said..."amen"! :scripture:

Corpsey

pollen dabber
ICMag Donor
Veteran

you know most of the time i thought people were saying it was GreenHouse grown. oops.

got my cookies cut in organic recycled soil right now.

Hydrosun

I love my life
Veteran

I think GH makes a great base, but adding in BeCuzz bloom and Carboload really helps me bring out the flavor in the flowers.

GH has been solid as can be for decades. I am not a Lucas fan, but I do believe GH makes good products and their micro, bloom, grow are awesome.

The taste problems most people experience / complain of are generally a result of not flushing well and long enough.

:joint:

Mia

Some of the growers I know and respect who have a lot of experience with all the name brand nutes say the same thing. No flavor. They are user friendly and will grow large plants=commercial, but if you want to bring out the goodness you're going to have to amend with other things.
My cookies will have nothing but clean nutes from the land of ze dutch along with compost teas and a couple other things...:)

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran

Standing applause and the congregation said..."amen"! :scripture:

I think GH makes a great base, but adding in BeCuzz bloom and Carboload really helps me bring out the flavor in the flowers.

GH has been solid as can be for decades. I am not a Lucas fan, but I do believe GH makes good products and their micro, bloom, grow are awesome.

The taste problems most people experience / complain of are generally a result of not flushing well and long enough.

:joint:

Some of the growers I know and respect who have a lot of experience with all the name brand nutes say the same thing. No flavor. They are user friendly and will grow large plants=commercial, but if you want to bring out the goodness you're going to have to amend with other things.
My cookies will have nothing but clean nutes from the land of he dutch along with compost teas and a couple other things...:)

LOVE GH base, used just about every nutrient out and the GH base is steps above everyone else....

but, it DOES need flavor enhancer for sure, i use SWEET, FLORA PLUS and MOLASSES with the GH base for a super nutrient blend...

doing a side by side with MAXIBLOOM and MY GH MIX, the Maxibloom has NOTHING on my mix and after 6 weeks of side by side, trashing the MAXIBLOOM....ANYONE want a free bag?

doing a side by side with GH and DUTCH MASTER now, not to much to report on the DM, but i like the easy mix and smell of it..

BTW, the BEST KUSH ive ever smokes was straight GH, nothing else....

Relentless

Veteran
Id like to run her but to be honest i doubt she sticks around more than two runs.. ive heard a lot of mixed reviews about the real gsc

ghostnugz

ICMag Donor
Veteran
LOVE GH base, used just about every nutrient out and the GH base is steps above everyone else....

but, it DOES need flavor enhancer for sure, i use SWEET, FLORA PLUS and MOLASSES with the GH base for a super nutrient blend...

doing a side by side with MAXIBLOOM and MY GH MIX, the Maxibloom has NOTHING on my mix and after 6 weeks of side by side, trashing the MAXIBLOOM....ANYONE want a free bag?

doing a side by side with GH and DUTCH MASTER now, not to much to report on the DM, but i like the easy mix and smell of it..

BTW, the BEST KUSH ive ever smokes was straight GH, nothing else....

some of my boys have been running dm for yeeaaars. yields arent exactly crazy(they dont add much) but the flavor is always awesome

S

sweetypie

gh nutes leave a bad taste no matter strain imo, i rocked that crap for bout 6 months and moved on

big twinn

Veteran
don't get me wrong. I have no experience with it as far as yields, but as far as taste...nothing beats organic in my experience...period.

Status
Not open for further replies.