What's new

Gilgahash's itty bitty teeny weeny...

G

gilgahash

Update Time :wave:
Week 8, week 4 of 12/12
The girls are starting to fill in a little more and I've just started to notice some frost starting to form on their leaves:jump:

Tonight I gave them there first ferting, a half strength dose of Neptunes Harvest fish fert so we'll have to see how they like it

on with the pics

Cab shot

Bud shot (see the iddy bitty trichs forming :D)

Bud shot outside the cab

The beginnings of a cola

They are definitely beginning to smell more, skunky fuelly with hints of fresh coffee, delicious, so far the scrubber is up to the task...

cheers :D

hempfield

Organic LED Grower
Veteran
Try a defoliage to allow more light to reach the lower stems and don't worry, the plant will recover very fast. Unfortunayely the LEDs don't penetrate to much in the canopy so the buds will be be lighter on the lower side.

Keep it PINK !

G

gilgahash

hempfield, killerweed, Rouxdy, thanks guys!

Well tonight I've been tying them down like crazy trying to even out the canopy and have literally used like 30 feet of 22 gauge wire so far... but I finally got them relatively even and each budsite spaced out under the light...

I think the girls are quite sick of me bending and pulling their branches this way and that way but oh well now they can all share the pink light.

cheers :D

G

gilgahash

Hello ICMAG!!!

I'm back with another weekly update
We're now at week 9 total and week 5 of 12/12
I've given the gals another 1/2 strength dose of Neptunes harvest and they seem to be liking it except6 Jane (the one on the left) is a little pale and unhappy looking, I think that is primarily due to Mary (on the right) hogging all the root space but she's dealing w/ it...poor Jane...

On with the pics

So as you can see we're through the stretch and begining to stack calyxes and begin resin production in earnest :D

cheers for now:wave:

G

gilgahash

Hey guys, sorry for no update yet, the misses took her sister and MY digital camera to N. Park for the week so I'm waiting on her so I can update pics. Its been a hectic week w/work and battening down the hatches in anticipation of Irene. I've got my outside girls heavily staked but I'm worried about some of the leggyier ones...time will tell.

Growbox420 & Rouxdy thank you guys it means a lot

Dubwize thanks for stopping in buddy, I would recommend using as much wattage as your heatsink can handle, So far I’m pleased with what 22 watts is doing but theres room for improvement. I built my array after Pinstripes Led array (links in one of my previous posts) only with the addition of 660 red leds. For my next run I think I’m gonna solder in another 10 watts or so of white and red leds that I have left over, as my heatsink can easily handle it and I know the buds around the perimeter would enjoy more light.

SGT Sendenko, Yup I agree completely, the wire was all I had at the time and its been a pain in the ass to work with :bashhead:

I promise to update pics as soon as the misses gets home and provided Irene hasn’t blown the house down :D but in truth your not missing much. Growth has slowed way down but the buds continue to fill in and get more and more resin covered. The first trichs are just starting to turn cloudy so we have a couple weeks yet to go…

Cheers for now :D

dubwize

Re: Gilgahash's itty bitty teeny weeny...

Do you feel that the 660 make a difference? As they are more difficult to get.. can you run without. Hence 14 at 625, 2 blues, and 2 whites?.. would that work ok?

Dubz

KifThief

Damn Gilgahash! The girls look beautiful, and I'm lovin the box!

But dubwize, if you can manage it I would recommend 1W LEDs. They are much more efficient than the 3Ws and with more modules, you get more canopy penetration. Good luck with your grow!!

G

gilgahash

Pics as promised

Pics as promised

Well Irene kicked my ass, my outdoor garden is flooded and in tatters, I'm not sure yet if its total lose or not, I'll check tomorrow, I've been without power since early yesterday morning (using laptop powered by neighbors genny and wifi) so that means no light for the girls last night and unlikely tonight either. What effect this will have, I dunno...

I do have a couple pics I took Fri night when the Mrs's returned with my camera so on that note

On with the Pics

Marys main cola

overhead view

sideshot

I'll give a more thorough update when I get power back and let you know how the gals fared with the darkness

cheers for now

G

gilgahash

Hello Icmag
we're back for a week 12 update (week 8 12/12)
I want to thank everyone who pm'd or repped me with well wishes during Irene, it truly meant allot and I'm grateful for your kindness...:thank you:
We ended up losing power for 3 full days but the girls seem no worse for it. In the end Irene proved to be a royal **** but all things considered we were lucky and count our blessings for it, some of my neighbors didnt fair nearly as well...

Things are winding down in the pc case Mary's trichs are almost all cloudy with a few ambers and still some clear, I'm guessing she'll need another week. Jane is a ways behind Mary in both bud structure and resin production, probably another 2 to 3 weeks before she ripens up.

ON that note... On with the pics

Bueno Time

ICMag Donor
Veteran
SICK I am going to look into how to build my own DIY led panel it seems like it is fairly simple with a little research and the results are rediculous from a few 22w led pc cases I have seen. Impressive!