What's new

Ghostwolf's 2nd Bigger, Better PC Grow Case and Grow

D

detoneSmoker

I nave the 120mm and the 90mm in all of the available exhaust openings and some the openings for other things as well. I have all of the original computer motherboard panel plugs still for realism. OH! but wait I just had a duh moment I could remove most of the motherboard card add on covers at the bottom right and put a fan there. Thanks for mentioning that about the fans I wasn't thinking about all the space at the back until you said what you said. I was trying to have this case as stealthy as possible but the condition the plants is way more important. I can add a fan at the bottom and place the most powerful fan at the top and have exhaust from top to bottom and still have the motherboard panel plugs on the left side of the back. That should retain the look of realism. As for the front, I tripled the intake opening on the case cover now. So I believe I'll need to enlarge the intake size on the metal face of the case that's behind the plastic cover I showed above. Thanks for kicking my brain into gear man. :good:

Your very welcome bud. Glad I could help YOU for once.:dance013: There so many fillers, tapes, caulks, etc.. Get your temp situation under control then just stealth her out afterwards. Im sure you got this lol. I tried a sample bud today:), shes gonna be good!

johnnybsmokin

These little pc case's is all a matter of fine tuning, after all there ain't much room in there so try the extra fan it can't hurt only improve things.
If you can keep the temps to within a few degrees of ambient that's is all we can hope for. The other question is how stealth do you need to be....

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
Oh yeah johnny fine tuning is a big part of it. I'm getting closer to having this thing dialed in. Stealth is a big matter for me because I'm living at my girlfriends mothers house at the moment, just waiting to get our own place. Anyway I have to stay way under the radar. The case is about as stealthy as I can get it right now and that will work. I did get the new fan, As I've said it's a 4" personal all metal high velocity fan. It was just $6.00 at Walmart. I now have it in the the old power supply exhaust position and moved the 120mm just under it. It was a good thing I did to, because the 90mm and the 60mm both went out last night. You could smell the burned motors. But they were very old fans and free to me so not a terrible loss. Just opportune timing which was a very thing to. I still had a old 80mm to put in with other new fan. So I have two new fans any how, I put the 80mm at the intake for now. I'll be drilling out the metal intake to be larger in a day or two and have the 80mm in the back with the others and that should do it for the temps. When I checked the case tonight the temp was 80F so I'm happy about that. And after I enlarge the final part of the intake I believe the temps will be good to go. The F1 hybrids and the bag seed doing good. I'm just wondering if the biggest F1 that turned out to be a male is really a hermie. It's got the male buds at the top half of the plant, but the bottom half doesn't, the nodes are growing out like a female but not showing any buds either way. The bag seed is growing good the flowering sites at the nodes are growing out bushy, but no sign of sex yet. It should be any time now to. Thanks for the comment Fuzz. detone I'm glad yours is turning out good for you, what is the taste and smell like? I'll be posting some new photos real soon and show the improvements.

D

detoneSmoker

Oh yeah johnny fine tuning is a big part of it. I'm getting closer to having this thing dialed in. Stealth is a big matter for me because I'm living at my girlfriends mothers house at the moment, just waiting to get our own place. Anyway I have to stay way under the radar. The case is about as stealthy as I can get it right now and that will work. I did get the new fan, As I've said it's a 4" personal all metal high velocity fan. It was just $6.00 at Walmart. I now have it in the the old power supply exhaust position and moved the 120mm just under it. It was a good thing I did to, because the 90mm and the 60mm both went out last night. You could smell the burned motors. But they were very old fans and free to me so not a terrible loss. Just opportune timing which was a very thing to. I still had a old 80mm to put in with other new fan. So I have two new fans any how, I put the 80mm at the intake for now. I'll be drilling out the metal intake to be larger in a day or two and have the 80mm in the back with the others and that should do it for the temps. When I checked the case tonight the temp was 80F so I'm happy about that. And after I enlarge the final part of the intake I believe the temps will be good to go. The F1 hybrids and the bag seed doing good. I'm just wondering if the biggest F1 that turned out to be a male is really a hermie. It's got the male buds at the top half of the plant, but the bottom half doesn't, the nodes are growing out like a female but not showing any buds either way. The bag seed is growing good the flowering sites at the nodes are growing out bushy, but no sign of sex yet. It should be any time now to. Thanks for the comment Fuzz. detone I'm glad yours is turning out good for you, what is the taste and smell like? I'll be posting some new photos real soon and show the improvements.

No prob buddy:) happy to help and be apart of others grows.

johnnybsmokin

Hey Ghost sounds like you have some good karma around you buying a new fan and then the old one's die. My luck would be the fans dieing on a long weekend and I would have to wait 2 to 3 days before any shops were open to replace them....lol
I hear you on the stealth side, I have 2 teenage kids ( 15 & 18) and both are very anti drugs, a good thing I suppose at thier age, but trying to keep things secret is hard hence the pc grow my self.
Good luck on the sexing of your babies.

Ghostwolf

Veteran
Thanks but I'm not to sure about that. I have the 120mm place good now. But the the old 80mm is not running to good I think it's on life support now it's just a matter of time before it bites the dust. Anyway I've moved it to it's new and probably it's last place in the back, now all fans are on exhaust duty. Friday I be able to use my stepsons drill and enlarge the intake and that should bring the temps down to the best possible zone. The temp tonight was 82F OK but still higher than I want. I believe I do the trick with intake it'll be good to go. I just have to watch out for the old 80mm. Then take care of the few remaining things that need taking care of like light traps, and a little more black silicone to seal any tiny light leaks left. And what ever else is left. Then just sit back and concentrate on growing my plants. Later on though my other small pc case will be due for a refit. It works good but need to be brought up to date. Still waiting for the one to show hopefully her stuff any time now.

johnnybsmokin

Hey Ghost, hows it all going? finally got my seeds ( 1 week from ordering ) and have planted 4 this morning. I thought I would try the freebee's first, Mandala safari mix, and see what pops up.

On another note, picked up a second pc case 2 days ago, now this case has potential. I'll be setting ths 1 up as my mother/clone grower. the insides are just about all bolted in, very easy to remove and the side cover also has a very shiney cover already installed. What do you think of it. Any way good luck and may all your plants be females...

Cheers Johnny

Ghostwolf

Veteran
Hey Ghost, hows it all going? finally got my seeds ( 1 week from ordering ) and have planted 4 this morning. I thought I would try the freebee's first, Mandala safari mix, and see what pops up.

On another note, picked up a second pc case 2 days ago, now this case has potential. I'll be setting this 1 up as my mother/clone grower. the insides are just about all bolted in, very easy to remove and the side cover also has a very shiny cover already installed. What do you think of it. Any way good luck and may all your plants be females...

Cheers Johnny
That's a really nice case johnny. It should work just fine. and the side panel does shine quite a bit, just it won't make hot spots inside. What are the dimensions of the case. Good to hear you've got your seeds, good luck with them. I'm sure you'll do good with lots of buds:tiphat:.

Ghostwolf

Veteran
OK here are the new developments in the pc case. I enlarged the front air intake. The back side showing the lower 80mm fan I put in. The closer shot of the lower fan. The lower fan and rear intake from the inside. This shot shows all three fans and the surge strip at the back. :tiphat: More later about plants.:plant grow:

D

detoneSmoker

OK here are the new developments in the pc case. I enlarged the front air intake. The back side showing the lower 80mm fan I put in. The closer shot of the lower fan. The lower fan and rear intake from the inside. This shot shows all three fans and the surge strip at the back. :tiphat: More later about plants.:plant grow:
hows the temps?

Ghostwolf

Veteran
So far last night it was 83F. But tonight it was 88F. It's better than it was just still a little high. The only things I can think to do is try to be sure to make the room temp low enough for the case to run proper and maybe replace the old bottom I just put in with a better one. Other than that I stumped.

D

detoneSmoker

all the fans on the back are outake? and 1 front intake correct?

Edit:Build a intake fan in the middle of your removeable door. Lots of computers have those no a days.

Ghostwolf

Veteran
Yes all the rear fans are exhaust, but the front intake is passive. The weakest fan is the old 80mm I just moved to the back, it doesn't have the air pressure that it used to. The two others are new.

Ghostwolf

Veteran
:thinking: I have an idea how make a cheap mini DWC bubbler for my pc case using a two liter soda bottle painted black or covered with black tape laying on it's side with two holes cut out to fit two yogurt cups to hold the growing media and plants. To change the nutrients just have a second bottle ready to go and move the plant cups into it, or a better thought just cut the side panel with the cup holes in it out and have a couple of other bottles with a wide slit made just wide enough for the cups, then set the side panel with the cups into it, the sides of the top panel would over lap on all four edges of it to close the bottle up. I'm sure someone has thought of this already. But I haven't seen or heard of anyone doing it yet. It's just a idea and I don't even know if it would work yet. So when I'm ready to go hydro I'll try it along with coco.:thinking: :tiphat: Go in a good way my friends.:tiphat: :smokey:

johnnybsmokin

Hey Ghost, the cab sizes are as: 17.5 in heigh, 15 wide and 7 deep ( for the metric guys, 430x380x180mm ). Just gona strip the power supply and cut down to leave the back plate with the power socket so as to make it look real.
As said it will be a mother and cloning cab so I am going to keep as big as possible inside. Not sure of the lighting and all yet, need to toss a few ideas around in the "grey matter" first but it will need to be adjustable as well as flexable. Iv'e got a couple of weeks to sort it all out before I take a few cuttings for cloning and possible mothers. It will all be sweet by then I hope. It will need fine tuning I am sure, might be a work in progress style...lol.
How are your temps going now???? thats aleways going to be the prob.. with the small space.

Cheers

D

detoneSmoker

:thinking: I have an idea how make a cheap mini DWC bubbler for my pc case using a two liter soda bottle painted black or covered with black tape laying on it's side with two holes cut out to fit two yogurt cups to hold the growing media and plants. To change the nutrients just have a second bottle ready to go and move the plant cups into it, or a better thought just cut the side panel with the cup holes in it out and have a couple of other bottles with a wide slit made just wide enough for the cups, then set the side panel with the cups into it, the sides of the top panel would over lap on all four edges of it to close the bottle up. I'm sure someone has thought of this already. But I haven't seen or heard of anyone doing it yet. It's just a idea and I don't even know if it would work yet. So when I'm ready to go hydro I'll try it along with coco.:thinking: :tiphat: Go in a good way my friends.:tiphat: :smokey:

good idea;). You should consider putting an intake fan on your side cover. That will put a hault to your temp issues:). you got my thinking hat going now:)......Screw a drain valve at the top of the bottle....simply drain your bottle replace with nut ready water? Kinda seems better than moving the plants around.

johnnybsmokin

Good news Ghost, I have had a baby raise it's head this morning, 3 days after planting the seeds....yahoooo, it's all go now.

Ghostwolf

Veteran
Hey Ghost, the cab sizes are as: 17.5 in height, 15 wide and 7 deep ( for the metric guys, 430x380x180mm ). Just gonna strip the power supply and cut down to leave the back plate with the power socket so as to make it look real.
As said it will be a mother and cloning cab so I am going to keep as big as possible inside. Not sure of the lighting and all yet, need to toss a few ideas around in the "grey matter" first but it will need to be adjustable as well as flexible. I've got a couple of weeks to sort it all out before I take a few cuttings for cloning and possible mothers. It will all be sweet by then I hope. It will need fine tuning I am sure, might be a work in progress style...lol.
How are your temps going now???? that's always going to be the prob.. with the small space.

Cheers
Sounds good johnny. That's close to the size of mine. I pretty much did the same thing that your talking about with the power supply. I tried to design in flexibility in mine so I could adjust the components inside to be where I needed them to be in different situations and to be upgradeable as well. Let me know you come up with for adjustable lights and all else. Last night it was 83F in the middle of the good zone of 80F to 85F.:)

Ghostwolf

Veteran
good idea;). You should consider putting an intake fan on your side cover. That will put a hault to your temp issues:). you got my thinking hat going now:)......Screw a drain valve at the top of the bottle....simply drain your bottle replace with nut ready water? Kinda seems better than moving the plants around.
Hey detone, a side fan is an option I have to consider. I'd have to get a hole saw for the opening the rest is pretty much no problem except for getting a new pc fan, I used to have all of those tools. The temp last night was 83F I can't complain about that. I best temp range is 80F to 85F. But I have cut lights from 300w total equivalent of the three combined 26w/100w CLF's to 260w equivalent, I have another experiment. I replaced one of CLF's with a 13w/60w CFL black light for some UVB light added to the red spectrum soft white CFL's already in use. It should bring temp down a little. But UVB is supposed to increase THC production. A reptile UVB CFL would be better but I can't afford one so I'm trying a black light in with the other lights.:tiphat: The drain valve sounds good, :good: but what I haven't figured out was a really good way to refill the bottle, hence the changing the bottle method. Unless you mean to refill it by just removing the cap with the valve and pouring it in? If so then I would still be moving the plants around a bit, just not out of the bottle. :smokey: