What's new

Ghostwolf's 2nd Bigger, Better PC Grow Case and Grow

D

detoneSmoker

Yeah but I know you've got a lot more experience than I do. :) In fact most of these guys have more experience than I do. I've been growing for years not to the level you are. I've always been restricted to small grows and now these pc case grows are the smallest I've ever done. But necessity is truly the mother of invention. So I continue on growing what ever I can, sharing idea's with all of you here at IC and meeting a bunch of good growing buddys. :smokey: :thank you:

If it makes you feel better you def have more exp than me ghost. Yeah I got 2 of those fans when I bought my old case while back

Ghostwolf

Pirate & Cherokee Warrior for Freedom and Cannabis
Veteran
If it makes you feel better you def have more exp than me ghost. Yeah I got 2 of those fans when I bought my old case while back
Actually detone I wasn't feeling bad at all. But thanks anyway. I was just mentioning that Dr.Dog and some others have more experience than I do since he develops new strains for OGA. I've not reached that level yet. But I do play around with my different seeds crossbreeding to see what I'll come up with. Ha! you never know what you'll come up with. I was years ago growing a strain I came up with that tasted like the weed was laced with sugar and had one hell of a great high. I called it Sweet Dixie. But the seeds didn't survive to be grown again. I'm always trying new things to see what works. I got some new pics to put up later today showing some improvements I just made to my pc case, and some plants pics too. :) :smokeit:

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Keep on breeding bro, that's where we learn the true magic of growing the herb.
Peace an Respectsz

johnnybsmokin

Hey ghost, that's a damn pity about your "sweet dixie" never mind I am sure with time and patients you may go close again.
I certainly hope you get those temps sorted out we don't want you to stress those little baby's to much or the unthinkable ( hermies ) might happen..lol
And looking forward to some more " eye candy" soon, hows the camera going???
Now if every one wants to sing along with me : grow grow grow you dope, in a small pc....lol.
cheers m8

Ghostwolf

Veteran
Hey ghost, that's a damn pity about your "sweet dixie" never mind I am sure with time and patients you may go close again.
I certainly hope you get those temps sorted out we don't want you to stress those little baby's to much or the unthinkable ( hermies ) might happen..lol
And looking forward to some more " eye candy" soon, hows the camera going???
Now if every one wants to sing along with me : grow grow grow you dope, in a small pc....lol.
cheers m8
Hey johnny I like the song man. I just wish I still had some Sweet Dixie it was great. But I come up with something else sooner or later. I'll be posting some new pics on the pc case in a few minutes and checking the case temp to. I'm looking into some cheap digital cameras under 10 or 20 dollars, that's the best I can do for now. I'm trying to use a magnifying glass with the web cam to see of that will help some till get a camera but I still can't make the photos bigger it's very frustrating. Just keep watching. Good luck with your grow man.:)

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
a wise man once said to me
" There are more important things in life than buying a new camera to show off pictures of your weed plants"

Ghostwolf

Veteran
a wise man once said to me
" There are more important things in life than buying a new camera to show off pictures of your weed plants"
Hey what's up Doc? I'm just trying to document this case and grow without having everyone squint.:)

Ghostwolf

Veteran
OK here are the new photos I added more holes to the inside intake on the case cover And carved out the intake on the outer cover Then added a second intake to the bottom of the case cover, it sits at a angle even tho it looks flat, and actually pulls good air flow The back side of the cover showing the USB wires and power switch This is the the upper half of the cover, the drive bays are light proofed with electrical tape and you can see the LED light wires and the AA battery wire contact wire ends above my finger The outer cover also light proofed with electrical tape The assembled case cover ready to go back on with Vaseline and black RTV silicone, also used on the side door. Now the plants The biggest F1 showed it's sex to be male DAMN! I'll just harvest the pollen for the others when they show their sex. I was trying to use a magnifying glass to see if I could better close ups it worked so so it shows a lot of light glare on the lens This is the new leafy nodes of the biggest plant that is now the 14" long bag seed in LST, looks like it could turn out to be a female, I hope, it should show sex in a day or two Here is the entire bag seed plant, and it looks healthy. And good news I just checked the inside case temp and it's now at 86F, so the improvements helped, cool. I can live with for now, but may have to add a more powerful fan by summer. Just nave to wait and see what happens. Well that's it for the moment I hope every one liked it.:smokey::smokeit:

D

detoneSmoker

lookin good bro. Post a picture of your whole case for me. I was able to fit 5 x 26 watt cfls in my pc with an average on temp of 78-81. Biggest thing that helped mine was turning a old pc power supply into a exhaust port. workd really well.

Ghostwolf

Veteran
I did that in both my grow cases and yes it does work quit well. It seems I needed to have bigger intakes. I still will need a stronger exhaust fan for the summer, but it's OK for now.Check the beginning of the thread to see the whole case.

D

detoneSmoker

I did that in both my grow cases and yes it does work quit well. It seems I needed to have bigger intakes. I still will need a stronger exhaust fan for the summer, but it's OK for now.Check the beginning of the thread to see the whole case.
Ill look at her. wasnt sure if you made any changes

Fuzz420

Ganja Smoker Extraordinaire
Veteran
Looking good. Definitely keep an eye on those temps. I had some spring warming last week and it took its toll on one of my plants, she got burned pretty good, and its going to be a long slow recovery

D

detoneSmoker

?

?

Maybe you could put all the pc fans you have as outtakes and just make intake whole somwhere near your babies. The pressure should transfer that heat well.

Ghostwolf

Veteran
I have the 120mm and the 90mm in all of the available exhaust openings and some the openings for other things as well. I have all of the original computer motherboard panel plugs still for realism. OH! but wait I just had a duh moment I could remove most of the motherboard card add on covers at the bottom right and put a fan there. Thanks for mentioning that about the fans I wasn't thinking about all the space at the back until you said what you said. I was trying to have this case as stealthy as possible but the condition the plants is way more important. I can add a fan at the bottom and place the most powerful fan at the top and have exhaust from top to bottom and still have the motherboard panel plugs on the left side of the back. That should retain the look of realism. As for the front, I tripled the intake opening on the case cover now. So I believe I'll need to enlarge the intake size on the metal face of the case that's behind the plastic cover I showed above. Thanks for kicking my brain into gear man. :good: