What's new

GH nute question

clowntown

Veteran
I haven't finished a full run with it, but so far Floralicious Plus is THE DANK. I have some pretty high expectations on smell & taste this run based on how this product is performing so far, combined with the reviews others have given on it.

Also have to say the Kool Bloom liquid (first time using liquid) + powder (nice results last time, 2nd time using it this run) appears to be a very cost effective flowering booster.

Last edited:
Y

yamaha_1fan

I have also heard the KoolBloom is very good with the GH nutes. I use it but I am trying to work out some bugs and dial in some strains, I cant really give a before/after report. I havent actually used on my last 2-3 batches, simply because I am working on other issues and KIS right now.

B

basement420

I use both Liquid Koolbloom and Floralicious Plus. I have used Koolbloom from the beginning and i think it works very well, and I added the Floralicious plus in my second run and current run I do notice a difference. They both seem to help alot and are made by GH so they are definitely compatible with the GH Series nutes.

mango420

I will put in a 3rd vote for Koolbloom powder, for weeks 5,6,7. For a booster for weeks 2,3,4 get some bigbud powder, its made by advanced nutes. These 2 products i have noticed the biggest gains with. If your looking for some more sparkle on your buds grab some liquid gold, this stuff makes em coated in crystal..never leave home without it :joint:

clowntown

Veteran
I beg to differ, though. I've run w/ and w/o Floralicious Plus, and the difference in smell even at day 21-28 is very noticeable. I've never run w/o bloom boosters, but I've had pretty good results every time. One of these days I'll try a side by side.

Oscuridad

Oh yea F+ is great during veg from what we seen,
but don't like using it too far into flowering cause of the N content.

The KB liquid definitely seems like it should help with some strains that can handle big nute levels, but most would do just fine with a simple micro/bloom mix if you were to test them that way.

Gotta maintain calcium levels for branch strength & overall cell health too, so run with that additive as long as the particulars demand it, but again watch the excess N buildup.

clowntown

Veteran
I've also been a bit concerned and thinking about F+ in late flower. My reason on using it is to increase smell & flavor (hear it supposedly increases yield, too?), so I'm not sure where to balance it.

I'm using Botanicare's Cal-Mag+, but will likely look for N-free solutions (I've heard MagiCal is a good one; also have quart sized samples of Cutting Edge Solutions' stuff). Cal-Mag+ just doesn't seem like a very good overall choice in terms of NPK, IMO.

Last edited:

raygun

I've used the 3 part with Kool bloom powder and the floranova series with the KB powder and all that I can say is that it does work. I noticed a significant yield improvement when using the KB with both 3 part and flora series.

Currently I use floranova/licious/plus with Hygrozyme, molasses and KB. that along wtih a mix of RO and hard tap water (gives me enought cal/mag) works wonders.

sneakinman13

Veteran
this thread really helped me out..
my local hydro store just gave me these

and i was really wondering the deal with that powder?
anyone have a feeding schedule for the flowering stage with the kool bloom liquid/powder??
sure would help!

clowntown

Veteran
Liquid and Powder are not the same products in different convenient formats, as is the common misconception! The Liquid is designed to be used for the earlier part of flowering, with the Powder designed to be used in the later (last 2 weeks) of flowering. I believe the product name on one of them was changed from KaBloom to KoolBloom for legal reasons, hence the naming confusion when they combined the product names. (Perhaps both were also confusingly named KaBloom prior to name change, I don't know. :confused:)

No experience with FoxFarm products...

raygun

I have only used the powder Kool Bloom and I use it from about a week after I start to see bud formations to a week before the flush. Typically.

clowntown

Veteran
raygun, what strengths do you typically use your KB powder? Don't you think the P is a bit too high for so early on? Have you had much issues with foxtailing?

raygun

I don't use it full strenth only at most 1/2 recomended I have had foxtailing, not really bad just typical sativa bud growth, on my Apollos mist but never on my sourbubble or any of the crosses I have made.
I think that since it is a bloom booster it should be used right from the onset of the flower formations. And I normally don't start untill a week after decent bud formations start. Not a week from the time you can tell if its male or female.

Kind of about this phase

clowntown

Veteran
Have you tried KB Liquid at the early/onset?

The reason I ask is that because I've read high P can cause foxtailing, and Kool Bloom Powder has a high P ratio.

Last edited:
D

Delta Force

clowntown said:
Liquid and Powder are not the same products in different convenient formats, as is the common misconception! The Liquid is designed to be used for the earlier part of flowering, with the Powder designed to be used in the later (last 2 weeks) of flowering. I believe the product name on one of them was changed from KaBloom to KoolBloom for legal reasons, hence the naming confusion when they combined the product names. (Perhaps both were also confusingly named KaBloom prior to name change, I don't know. :confused:)

No experience with FoxFarm products...
There's a chain of floral shops called Kabloom.......they sued and made GH change their shit to KoolBloom.......thats what I heard back when it changed from dude at my store. I've seen the Kabloom stores too.

WaterFarmFan

Veteran
I run GH 3 part, Diamond Nectar, Floralicious Bloom, Koolbloom liquid and powder. I am interested in trying the Floralicious Plus with this lineup.

Here is the schedule that I run my 10 week Indica hybrids: