What's new

getting rid of coco?

D

DHF

Hey Louie........I re-used every spec of my coco for over 3 yrs with cheap ass pond enzymes from Home Depot and Lowe`s.....but....

It was recycled between every other run so no dead root matter would be in the next run and cause anaerobic problems...........12 bucks a quart sounds good from the post above , but how many gallons does it treat........

The shit from HD and Lowe`s treat`s acres not gallons so ta say the least it`s concentrated and goes a long ways fer peanuts...........Bio-Barley or some shit from few yrs back ........Barley based though , I remember that.....

Anyways......coco`s definitely re-useable , but it breaks down to powder/dust and needs added to to keep the porosity and juice movement through the medium without stayin soggy and giving "overwatering" syndrome conditions.......

My perfect mix was 1/3 fibers , 1/3 chunks , and 1/3 coarse/chunky perlite FTW........

Peace...DHF........:ying:.....

crippled1

Placed in contact with organic matter, the organisms which make up EM secrete substances such as vitamins, organic acids, minerals and antioxidants that beneficially affect plants and other micro-organisms. This process increases the humus content of the soil and is capable of sustaining high-quality food production by creating a favourable environment for both soil organisms and plants to grow. EM promotes crop growth and yield through improved release of plant nutrients, increased photosynthesis, and resistance to plant diseases, efficacy of organic matter as fertilizers and in suppression of soil-borne pathogens and pests

Other factors to look at when considering EM Technology based probiotic cultures is that they are all naturally fermented. This means the finished products are raw, containing 40 trace minerals, amino acids (up to 18), various organic acid compounds, nearly 100 types of enzymes, B complex vitamins, Vitamin A as well as the live microbes which make up the solution itself.

Agricultural innoculant for soil fertility : 1 -10 gallons per acre annually.

Plant propagation (cuttings) : 1/4 tsp / pint

Crop residues (for accelerated decompostion) : 3/4 tsp / gal
1 quart will treat 256 gallons.

Seed soak (for increased germination) : 3/4 tsp / gal

Hydroponic systems (for improved nutritional uptake) : 3/4 tsp / 10 gallons.

This stuff is all on their website linked in my earlier post.

There is a BIG difference between what this product does and what septic cleaners and pond clarifiers are intended for.

Yes, they will both decompose organic matter. This stuff is more like compost tea on steroids.

louie

DHF- You're the man! Always coming with good info. I'm going to see what the depot has to offer today. thanks bro

D

DHF

Crippled.....I think we`re on 2 different levels in that you`re leaning more toward organic turnover as to where I`ve never run anything but GH 3 part inside and look for the fastest solution possible to get my in-between media back into the game using chem nutes......

I assure you I`ve never run "Rid-X" for toilets and septic tanks for getting rid of rootmass in my coco smartpots between runs.....but.....hey...if it worked , I`d be obliged ta try it......

There`s not an organic nute combo that can touch Chem nutes for production , but I do have a GrowBro that`s hit the 3 lb per light club runnin his special blend of media and dialed in Giesel......but he`s like Bud Good.......Mad Scientist........

Ya`ll take care....DHF........:ying:......